Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

I dont remember this art from the presentation - it's going to have spectacular views:

Image_WDW_Star-Wars-Themed-Resort-3-750x422.jpg

I wonder how many kids are going to accidentally roll out of that top bunk onto concrete. :lol:

1. I am sure will be built just outside park, right next to SWL, with direct access straight in/out of SWL to keep you in theme ie following quote re-affirms that "It is 100% immersive, and the story will touch every single minute of your day, and it will culminate in a unique journey for every person who visits.” Easy way to monetise early access. Amazing way to live the theme.

2. Quote "Every window has views of space" = no outdoor windows, so can be high density / back to back, plus can be right next to the park.

1. I am sure will be built just outside park, right next to SWL, with direct access straight in/out of SWL to keep you in theme ie following quote re-affirms that "It is 100% immersive, and the story will touch every single minute of your day, and it will culminate in a unique journey for every person who visits.” Easy way to monetise early access. Amazing way to live the theme.

2. Quote "Every window has views of space" = no outdoor windows, so can be high density / back to back, plus can be right next to the park.

No real windows in the rooms means there can be no premium "Theme Park" views. But also means there can be no parking lot "garden view" rooms.

Any mention of a pool area? I wonder how they will incorporate a pool into the immersive theme? Or could this be the first Disney hotel without an outdoor pool?

Yeah I was in a very literal mood last night. Sorry! :lol:

Zero interest in this "Experience". I'm sure the people will eat it up. Tons of people love this kind of stuff. It's just a bit too "playing pretend" for me. Going deep cosplay isn't really what I'm looking for in my "themed entertainment".

It doesn't interest me but I'll watch a video of someone going. This seems like an extreme extroverted hotel and not comfortable.

How many people will book this and complain about no flat screen TV, coffee maker, pool, or other typical and expected accommodations. You'd be amazed how many guests complain about the VO5 and Zest in Cabana Bay...

It is supposed to be based on the "Cruise Line Model". So, all inclusive except for alcohol.

This makes it all a little more stomachable, but $2500 is still a lot for a family of four for two days.

Last edited by a moderator:
No real windows in the rooms means there can be no premium "Theme Park" views. But also means there can be no parking lot "garden view" rooms.

Any mention of a pool area? I wonder how they will incorporate a pool into the immersive theme? Or could this be the first Disney hotel without an outdoor pool?

They could have rooms with views of the parks and the other side could have the CGI views. They could run into the same issue as the cruise liners when they put a live sea view into the inside rooms. The sea view would have Disney characters occasionally do something and the rooms became more popular that the outward facing rooms.

Although this is probably an unrealistic scenario... you mean to tell me that it would work out at $11,900 for 2 people for a fortnight (a fairly normal vacation length)... :bolt:

Indeed, like I say it's unrealistic but I imagine someone would be crazy and rich enough to do it!

It's a little more than half the cost to stay in the poly bungalows for a night, so it probably looks like great value to some people.