Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

The concept art showed people walking around in regular clothes, so I'm betting the dress up thing will probably be optional.

Even though I have no interest in do this. I am glad they are building it. And even considering expanding the concept with maybe a Haunted Mansion Resort. So I hope this is a success.

I'm really into "atmosphere". But I just want to hang out and soak in it. I don't want to play dress up and "participate". So half of the concept really appeals to me. Then it just goes too far.

Oh man what a great idea. This immersive hotel could really take off with other IPs. They could make your room haunted and have funny things happen at night. Like Books floating around, things shaking, ghost walking the hallway. Even Have a haunted graveyard around the side of the hotel.

Then there's pirates....

Huge amount of possibilities here.

Oh man what a great idea. This immersive hotel could really take off with other IPs. They could make your room haunted and have funny things happen at night. Like Books floating around, things shaking, ghost walking the hallway. Even Have a haunted graveyard around the side of the hotel.

Then there's pirates....

Huge amount of possibilities here.
Harry Potter hotel next?

Yeah, but if they build a Potter Hogwarts Hotel, they could afford to buy Disney World and turn it into Pokemon world. I'm kidding. Kinda.

I agree, though is reverse now true ie have WDW got there first and taken those customers? (at least announced first).

Also does a SW hotel have the edge (excuse pun) as can be a futuristic shiny hotel, whereas HP hotel perhaps would be an old-fashioned cobwebby hotel. FJ Hogwarts castle tour is 100% awesome, but perhaps not for kids in middle of night?

I agree, though is reverse now true ie have WDW got there first and taken those customers? (at least announced first).

Also does a SW hotel have the edge (excuse pun) as can be a futuristic shiny hotel, whereas HP hotel perhaps would be an old-fashioned cobwebby hotel. FJ Hogwarts castle tour is 100% awesome, but perhaps not for kids in middle of night?

I'm a fan of both series. I'd say I'm a bigger Star Wars fan though. I'd be more excited about movie based Star Wars lands than anything they could do in a HP land. But as for Hotels, a Hogwarts hotel would blow away anything you could do with Star Wars IMO.

Sooo do you like leave the building??? Are you confined to the hotel? For that kind of money, do you get park passes? How are you blending the experience between parks and this hotel. So many questions. Its interesting thats correct, but semi-claustrophobic I think for the everyday traveler.

The Hotel is supposed to be a complete experience, when they first announced it they said you would be in the hotel then get to go into the park but nothing was said about that at D23 and that's about all we know atm.

Sooo do you like leave the building??? Are you confined to the hotel? For that kind of money, do you get park passes? How are you blending the experience between parks and this hotel. So many questions. Its interesting thats correct, but semi-claustrophobic I think for the everyday traveler.

Like someone said earlier in the thread the "ideal" set up would be like this:

14 day vacation:
2d MK
2d Epcot
2d HWS (or whatever they're renaming it) sans SWL
2d SWL only (hotel LARPing + exclusive access to SWL)
2d AK
2-4d "other" Orlando (incl. USF/IOA/VB or SW/BG)

This is Disney's answer to keeping you onsite longer and spending more at their suite of parks so that you spend less with competition. They know they can't stop folks from enjoying the other parks but (ideally) if you have the cash to stay onsite + at the SWH you're not going to want to splurge at USO or any other competitor's parks.

14 day vacation:
2d MK
2d Epcot
2d AK

This is Disney's answer to keeping you onsite longer and spending more at their suite of parks so that you spend less with competition. They know they can't stop folks from enjoying the other parks but (ideally) if you have the cash to stay onsite + at the SWH you're not going to want to splurge at USO or any other competitor's parks.

14 DAYS?!?!?

14 day vacation:
2d MK
2d Epcot
2d AK

This is how you know someone is from the UK. Because most Americans will never have a 2 week vacation.

This is how you know someone is from the UK. Because most Americans will never have a 2 week vacation.
There's a few of us USA outlanders. We did 24 nights once. Most of the time 14 nights. A few 10 night stands thrown in. Only one 8 night stand. :)...But, yes, you're right, most Americans don't do two weeks.

Yeah, this hotel will definitely not be for me. At the end of a day at Disney, I just want to go back, unwind, and relax, not be subject to constant excitement. However, I am glad they are doing this, because it keeps pushing the envelope in immersion.

Yeah, this hotel will definitely not be for me. At the end of a day at Disney, I just want to go back, unwind, and relax, not be subject to constant excitement. However, I am glad they are doing this, because it keeps pushing the envelope in immersion.
If you are staying here you will not be having a "day at Disney." You will not wake up in the morning, go to a character breakfast and have Mickey waffles with Darth Goofy, and then get on a bus to Magic Kingdom or EPCOT or Animal Kingdom or whatever. Once you check in, you're in it for the duration. You're on a ship in space, traveling to the Galaxy's Edge, where you'll disembark for a few hours, have some adventures, and then reboard the ship. I imagine booking this experience will automatically include FastPasses or some kind of priority access for the Galaxy's Edge attractions to guarantee that you get through both of them in time to get back on the ship before it "departs." It will be a very structured experience. This is going to be completely different from all of the other Disney resorts in almost every regard. Like so much so that I doubt you'll even be able to go back out the front door of the place (except in an emergency), much less have your standard bus stop with fleets of buses stopping by taking you to the parks and stuff.

Have we figure out where this is actually going yet?

I thought the area around DHS was mostly conservation outside of the area they already took for the park expansion.