Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

Have we figure out where this is actually going yet?

I thought the area around DHS was mostly conservation outside of the area they already took for the park expansion.
They officially changed all of the area that was wetlands and considered "unusable" to be suitable for future construction. They filed all of this with the South Florida Water Management District last year.

But then it would still have to bridge the perimeter road to get access and also have to work around inbound park traffic.
Inbound park traffic gets new entrance to the right of said hotel, so it borders on SW:GE better. Raised walkways would fix the issue of going over backstage access road.

But then it would still have to bridge the perimeter road to get access and also have to work around inbound park traffic.
Isn't that auto plaza and entry road just totally going away, though? And I wouldn't think building a bridge over the access road would be a huge problem, if Universal managed to build a whole elevated ride over the main service area in the back of their park. Or maybe they'll do buses that look like shuttles using this technology:

I've heard they are at least thinking and may be testing each room having some sort of motion base to have the feeling of a spaceship moving. I don't know how they'd even be able to pull this off if they decided to go for it.

I've heard they are at least thinking and may be testing each room having some sort of motion base to have the feeling of a spaceship moving. I don't know how they'd even be able to pull this off if they decided to go for it.

Just to point this out, I had a chat with @Joe (Which I am hoping to release soon), and that I agreed with him that when it comes to the SWHotel, that is the pure wildcard of any Disney Project going on. And if this is something that may be added, this may be even more fascinating to look at.

The thought I have, is that maybe this is to simulate the simulated flight of a Spacecraft around the hotel? Either way, this has intrigued me more.

Just to point this out, I had a chat with @Joe (Which I am hoping to release soon), and that I agreed with him that when it comes to the SWHotel, that is the pure wildcard of any Disney Project going on. And if this is something that may be added, this may be even more fascinating to look at.

The thought I have, is that maybe this is to simulate the simulated flight of a Spacecraft around the hotel? Either way, this has intrigued me more.
That's what I thought as well and this is making me think this hotel is a way smaller scale than I originally thought.

Last edited:
So, I have to wonder if guests will be issued costumes as part of their stay? Otherwise guests passing each other in hallways will take each other out of the immersion.

So, I have to wonder if guests will be issued costumes as part of their stay? Otherwise guests passing each other in hallways will take each other out of the immersion.

Yes, you'll be given costumes, at least from initial reports. This is basically a two-day live-action role-play cruise that happens to not be on a boat.

Im intrigued by the premise of his hotel yet I don't fully know what to expect, are there any fully immersive hotels already out there that take it to the level we are anticipating from Disney?

Possibly bigger.

Should we expect the whole hotel to have subtle movement then?

Maybe a low rumble under the floor and sound effect playing in the background. Like the low hum in background of every episode of Star Trek The Next Generation. Give the illusion of being on a large ship in space but without the sea sickness of actual movement.

This is the only thing I'm concerned with. I love the idea of the hotel with the exception of me having to dress up. I'm not really the dress up role playing type.

^this. I'm not into Cosplay. Making it mandatory to dress up would be one of the few things that could keep me from doing this.

They're not gonna force anyone to wear cosplay. There's literally no way they could control that. They likely will give costumes that you CAN wear, though.

Most likely something simple like your choice of a Jedi or a Sith Robe handed to your party at Check-In (keep it if you like it:$100). And a Lobby Gift Shop with accessories like sashes, light sabers, and full on $800 Stormtrooper costumes.

Should we expect the whole hotel to have subtle movement then?
More like each wing would be built on a moving platform. Sort of a reverse tuned mass damper.

Last edited: