Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is my take. It suffers from its context. On its own, it's a great film.
I liked it when it came out, but in retrospect, despite its overtures towards change, it's shackled by the burdens of the franchise. It purports to introduce a new narrative paradigm to the Star Wars universe beyond "Empire vs Resistance", but still ends with that paradigm intact.

And in the context of the whole franchise, it's sad how often Finn gets the short end of the narrative stick. Unceremoniously knocked out in TFA, assigned to a slapstick sidequest in TLJ, and forced to scream Rey at least once every ten minutes in TROS.

giphy.gif

Tough choice....do I want to go into space with Jeff Bezos or spend for the Galactic Cruiser. Both in the same priceosphere :eek:O::lol:. Decisions, decisions, decisions........Oh my, that price was kind of expected,
but it's really ridiculous, even for Disney. As i've said previously. There are probably enough chumps that will do this for a year or so....but after that, the demand, under that price structure, will just about disappear.

Reactions: Blaw923
No surprise really. I'm mostly just baffled at the long-term plan here. How many people that want to experience this can truly even afford this kind of experience? Additionally, how many people are going to want to force themselves to stay in this one building for 48 hours? Guests are fickle :lol: You'll have the initial wave of mega fans and influencers, but after that? How sustainable can it really be long-term?

Reactions: SeventyOne
No surprise really. I'm mostly just baffled at the long-term plan here. How many people that want to experience this can truly even afford this kind of experience? Additionally, how many people are going to want to force themselves to stay in this one building for 48 hours? Guests are fickle :lol: You'll have the initial wave of mega fans and influencers, but after that? How sustainable can it really be long-term?
This hotel has the benefit of being able to be fairly easily changed from a “$6000 two night cruise” to charging $600/night, adding a pool, and just making it a highly themed SW Resort if they want.

I don’t necessarily know how long they’ll be able to charge these crazy prices, but there’s always other directions they can go with it.

This hotel has the benefit of being able to be fairly easily changed from a “$6000 two night cruise” to charging $600/night, adding a pool, and just making it a highly themed SW Resort if they want.

I don’t necessarily know how long they’ll be able to charge these crazy prices, but there’s always other directions they can go with it.

Since it's Star Wars, they could also artificially support demand by mothballing the place as it goes into hyperspace for a few months as they figure out new scenarios, (or even new timelines bringing it to OT/Prequels) to give it a new coat of paint to justify people going back rather than returning and affiliating with the First Order instead of Resistance, etc.

If I could insert a poll here, I'm curious what did y'all think is appropriate pricing? I was figuring around $3000-3500 for 2 people. This better near darn near all inclusive for this because I just don't see how they can justify this level of pricing.

Since it's Star Wars, they could also artificially support demand by mothballing the place as it goes into hyperspace for a few months as they figure out new scenarios, (or even new timelines bringing it to OT/Prequels) to give it a new coat of paint to justify people going back rather than returning and affiliating with the First Order instead of Resistance, etc.

If I could insert a poll here, I'm curious what did y'all think is appropriate pricing? I was figuring around $3000-3500 for 2 people. This better near darn near all inclusive for this because I just don't see how they can justify this level of pricing.
This is basically what I expected it to be

I was expecting more cruise ship on land pricing. tops 2000 for a two-night stay for 2 adults and even that should be the high end. it won't be long before they add a pool like Nick said and turn it into a standard hotel setup. I'm all for Disney experimenting but to effectively lock out the vast majority of people seems shortsighted and wrong. These are starting pricing after all. Can you imagine New years or xmas? so far I haven't seen any social media outcrying besides the theme park fan circle.

It's not a perfect analogy, but the closest I can think of is DCL. No regular 2-night cruises. but a a 3-night runs $450 - $1,050 a night for two. Of course the latter going to give you a much nicer room than this hotel. So even the highest end routinely available cruise room is less than half than the 2 nights on the Starcruiser.

I figured in that neighborhood, maybe $2,500 because of the "new thing" factor (tho I thought 2 kids would included as well).

ETA: whatever your take on the latest movies, there have been company reports that they underperformed when it came to selling merch.The few 1% lunatics who actually drop serious coin on SW are probably not Disney's biggest fans right now.