Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
in all fairness, the amount of rock work / fake fauna / landscaping in Pandora is pretty staggering. They also built 2 new rides vs 1.

Store fronts and retail shop or relatively cheap to construct. So they saved a lot of money there.

Not trying to say Potter looks "cheap" or anything.

Correct, but I think in this modern day people would rather be doing something (like shopping, exploring) instead of watching stuff. Pandora would gave successfully done this if they added more nature trails and more hidden places to explore. I'm still shocked that this land only has one store.

in all fairness, the amount of rock work / fake fauna / landscaping in Pandora is pretty staggering. They also built 2 new rides vs 1.

Store fronts and retail shop or relatively cheap to construct. So they saved a lot of money there.

Not trying to say Potter looks "cheap" or anything.

Hogsmeade, Hogwarts Express, and Diagon Alley all cost less than Pandora. Three new rides, several shows, lots of interactivity, etc.

Significant difference between rock work at Disneyland and lack of rock work area here. With how long it takes Disney to do rock work, I'd say there remains a considerable time difference between the two land's opening dates, as many have speculated.

Reactions: HereWeGo
Significant difference between rock work at Disneyland and lack of rock work area here. With how long it takes Disney to do rock work, I'd say there remains a considerable time difference between the two land's opening dates, as many have speculated.
The lands are probably a solid 4-5 months apart, and have remained that length apart for quite some time now. It's no secret that Disneyland plans on opening their SWL in early Summer while WDW likely won't open until late fall.

I'd say both are about where they should be right now given what we know.

The lands are probably a solid 4-5 months apart, and have remained that length apart for quite some time now. It's no secret that Disneyland plans on opening their SWL in early Summer while WDW likely won't open until late fall.

I'd say both are about where they should be right now given what we know.
Yes, that seems about right. Pretty late 2019 seems to be in the cards for DHS. Probably just in time for the Holiday Season, which will make a grand opening of this land, that would be surely swamped any time of the year, even more problematic. It's going to be a nightmare for any tourist wanting to experience the land for Christmas season 2019, unless they get a special entry package, which I'm sure Disney will be selling for a nice cost.

Last edited:
Yes, that seems about right. Pretty late 2019 seems to be in the cards for DHS. Probably just in time for the Holiday Season, which will make a grand opening of this land, that would be surely swamped any time of the year, even more problematic. It's going to be a nightmare for any tourist wanting to experience the land for Christmas season 2019, unless they get a special entry package, which I'm sure Disney will be selling for a nice cost.
And since - at least upon open - the only entrance will be Grand Ave. and the exit will be TSL, that means that TSL will be absolutely nuts too, not only because it will house 33% of the park's rides, but because the exit of a huge new Star Wars Land will be dumping right into TSL in order to get back into the rest of the park.

Talk about chaos.

This was done by @Marni1971 over on WDWM and should give you guys a much better idea of what we're looking at with the cluster of building popping up everywhere...
mCa5rZn.jpg

A is the part built Cantina (TSR of course)
B is a series of 5 interconnected stores
C is a covered seating area for the QSR
D are the two area restrooms (the one to the left is yet to be built)
E is the part built Marketplace area
F is the QSR

It still kills me a little bit that the cantina is going to be a premium, reservations-required restaurant. I get why it was done -- Disney has basically guaranteed it will be at capacity at all times because they know most guests would want to see the band -- but I really think it should have been a more casual space where people could just pop in for a few minutes and look around.

I hope the quick service has some wonderful theme work inside to compensate.

It still kills me a little bit that the cantina is going to be a premium, reservations-required restaurant. I get why it was done -- Disney has basically guaranteed it will be at capacity at all times because they know most guests would want to see the band -- but I really think it should have been a more casual space where people could just pop in for a few minutes and look around.

If the quick service is on par with Satu’li Canteen I will be elated. That park desperately needs a decent QS.

Yes, I agree. It will be like Be Our Guest, and nearly impossible to get reservations for, unless you want to waste many hours of your life constantly refreshing My Disney Experience. I greatly dislike the Disney dining reservation system.

Reactions: belloq87

Will they have a bar?

If the quick service is on par with Satu’li Canteen I will be elated. That park desperately needs a decent QS.

In terms of food quality and creativity of options, absolutely. Theme-wise, I think it needs to be a little more dynamic or atmospheric.

Will they have a bar?

Seems like a huge missed opportunity if not, right? I'd be stunned if the cantina didn't have a bar (considering, you know, it is a bar), though I doubt it will be accessible to just anybody walking in.

More importantly, will they sell death sticks?

Will Elan Sleazebaggano be a face character?

mpSiGHTY_400x400.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicia
If there were just a TSR, I’d probably be upset about it. But, given that the QS is supposed to be serving you food cooked by a pod racer engine (assuming that concept art is still accurate), I don’t have a problem with it. I feel like we’ll get more substantial entertainment out of the Cantina through it anyways.

In terms of food quality and creativity of options, absolutely. Theme-wise, I think it needs to be a little more dynamic or atmospheric.
I did mean the food options. Got a feeling it’ll be somewhat similar, given it’s on a foreign planet and all. Hoping the atmosphere is a bit more involved of course.

D are the two area restrooms (the one to the left is yet to be built)

Okay, this is going to sound a bit weird. Does anyone else beyond myself think that they should build restrooms into the queues for these two rides since we will be in line for a LONG time? Like build it at the halfway mark or where you would be if you were an hour from riding. FoP has two to three hour lines and I thought to myself, "Self, you would probably get an hour and a half and then have to really go #1." I mean, I get that it might cause issues with maintaining line continuity (I'll catch up in a minute, guys!) but talk about guest satisfaction.

Reactions: Coasted