Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 189 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Which Spider-Man is less intense than but is still better than Gringotts. Gringotts didn’t have to be super crazy like FJ to be better than it is. It’s good, but not the best Universal has.
I feel Spiderman makes you feel more out of control and in danger...Sometimes Gringotts creeps around and then accelerates quickly into a scene....then stops

The only time Spiderman "stop" or slows down is to pace out the action a bit more (see Hydroman scene)

I still think Spidy is a bit more intense than Gringotts

And I'm hoping the new Star Wars ride gives you the same feeling of Spidy

Reactions: tankart150
I feel Spiderman makes you feel more out of control and in danger...Sometimes Gringotts creeps around and then accelerates quickly into a scene....then stops

The only time Spiderman "stop" or slows down is to pace out the action a bit more (see Hydroman scene)

I still think Spidy is a bit more intense than Gringotts

And I'm hoping the new Star Wars ride gives you the same feeling of Spidy
Wasn’t clear. The “less intense than” was an answer to him bringing up FJ.

Both Spidey and Gringotts are “family” imo.

Reactions: tankart150
I'm a long time lurker of this thread and have never been to Orlando.

Is Spider-Man really that good of a ride? I've always thought of it as "Transformers with Spider-Man" tbh
Lol, now this is a crtitque I’ve never heard. You have it backwards. Transformers is an attempt at cloning Spider-Man with a different IP, and not quite as successful in my opinion .

Is this the Star Wars thread?

I see the Theme park wars are as strong as ever. Does anyone else like the Pandora rides AND Potter rides? Like I do?

I don't see why people have to "choose sides", or compare budgets to justify their favorite theme park.

it's all just so silly to me.

I was starting to think I was the only one!

Both parks are great. Both have amazing rides.

Some people on this thread as of late (won't name anyone but it's not too hard to figure out) have REALLY been overdoing it with their hate towards Disney/SWGE. Like, it's crazy how much energy they're putting into hating on this yet-to-open land.

I'm just excited to have an all-new experience at Disney.

I was starting to think I was the only one!

Both parks are great. Both have amazing rides.

Some people on this thread as of late (won't name anyone but it's not too hard to figure out) have REALLY been overdoing it with their hate towards Disney/SWGE. Like, it's crazy how much energy they're putting into hating on this yet-to-open land.

I'm just excited to have an all-new experience at Disney.
Theme Park wars are great for us fans. I hope every new D or E ticket is a home run.

Theme Park wars are great for us fans. I hope every new D or E ticket is a home run.
Absolutely.

The current climate in Orlando only benefits fans. We have so many great rides coming our way in the next few years and an entire new theme park as well! Plus, i'm sure that the crowds DHS will see will force an expansion rather quickly (hopefully Indy).

Considering some of the Stars Tours segments are the crispest 4D imagery I've seen across all the parks, I'm actually looking forward to seeing the screen work here.

Considering some of the Stars Tours segments are the crispest 4D imagery I've seen across all the parks, I'm actually looking forward to seeing the screen work here.

It is the crispest because you are the closest to the screen and it is the smallest. I'm not sure which rides are 4K. Or even upscale 4K, like I think FJ is. But the new Star Tours I think is 4K, although when it opened 4K was rare, and even the back row is probably less than 20 feet from the screen. Front row on that ride is absolutely seeing full resolution, and it's not overblown.

Most other rides that are 4K (FoP) are on such large screens that it's more like 2 2k images on top of each other to make really tall images. So the resolution isn't that high. I thought it looked like a typical LieMAX screen.

Sorta like how Space's video was so incredibly high def when it came out, 1080p I believe. Because you were so close to it, and it was a resolution you weren't used to seeing at the time. Same with Shrek, which when it opened was amazing video, but now is simply standard 1080p projection.

This ride should definitely have 4K projections, but if they are as big as Spidey, they'll look like Spidey. Which isn't bad at all.

The only thing that could make a huge difference in picture quality at this point would be 4K at High Frame Rate like the Hobbit movies. I guess this could be that, but I sorta doubt it. I don't think there are any 4K HFR videos beyond proof of concepts. It will be interesting who brings that level of video first. I always find it weird that resolutions for new attractions are so hard to find.

And Yes, they are touting some ridiculous resolution for the Falcon ride, but that's on a huge, very wide, very tall dome. Most of that resolution will be peripheral for the front row and unseen for everyone else.