Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 193 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Harry Potter coaster.

Because it’s never getting announced.

Real talk though - “epic,” in a general sense, revolves around scale. So, by virtue of size, Resistance is the most epic dark ride they’ve produced. It has two full-sized AT-ATs. They’re static. But they’re big. Epic.

The BIGGER concern is that little snippet where you just meander through a corridor, then enter a big room with those static AT-ATs. Motion-wise, there’s no feeling of urgency in what the RV is doing. Sure, we’re not hearing the audio. And I hope it’s missing effects. But if that is the general pace of the ride, it’s going to disappoint.
To me, what you’re talking about in regards to the ride meandering I take as the beginning of the ride.

Trust me, there is a healthy middle ground but I guess this is probably a cultural thing and me not being from the US perceive this way of communication different than you.

Trust me, we hear so much marketing that we end up ignoring 99% of it. It's just that we have learned to expect it. So, when I see an ad for a new widgit/ride/etc., I focus more on when the announcement states that it will open or look for key details. However, without advertisement, most people wouldn't know that there is a new Star Wars area opening at both parks with two new rides.

Yes. Marketing takes so many liberties, especially with their depiction of what the ride experience is, that usually the experience looks nothing like the marketing visuals.

Reactions: RevFreako
My expectations for the rides have dropped slightly, and I'm now a bit closer to your position, as well. For example, once I heard that this...
latest

... is very likely the queue and not part of the ride, I began to readjust my expectations.

I'm still hoping they knock it out of the park, though, and I believe there's still every chance they can.
To give you an idea, there are 7 queue scenes and 11 ride scenes. For comparison, there are 8 ride scenes in Shanghai Pirates.

Granted, scenes are more divided by story than "size". But this comparison is more appropriate given the scale of the scenes are fairly equivalent.

Last edited:
Shanghai Pirates is one of the best rides I've ever experienced. The fact that this could move into my Top 10 favorite rides in the world is exciting enough and it'll be right here in Orlando and Cali.

Reactions: Sawyer15 and Mike S
To give you an idea, there are 7 queue scenes and 11 ride scenes. For comparison, there are 8 ride scenes in Shanghai Pirates.

Granted, scenes are more divided by story than "size". But this comparison is more appropriate given the scale of the scenes are fairly equivalent.

So basically the line will be part of the ride story? Does that mean fast passing will skip it?

Reactions: Ryno27
So basically the line will be part of the ride story? Does that mean fast passing will skip it?
Honestly I don't know. But, at a minimum the 3 preshows should be covered in the Fastpass queue as they are vital to the story. With one of them being the only way to get into the main show building without entering a back entrance.

Last edited:
My expectations for the rides have dropped slightly, and I'm now a bit closer to your position, as well. For example, once I heard that this...
latest

... is very likely the queue and not part of the ride, I began to readjust my expectations.

I'm still hoping they knock it out of the park, though, and I believe there's still every chance they can.
I also wanted to point out that this is the grandest room of the queue by far. It's not even close. But there's no doubt it's grand. You see the Tie Fighter there? It's as tall as the AT-AT outside of Star Tours. (The 2 AT-ATs in the ride are 3x the size of the one outside Star Tours.)

Last edited:
I also wanted to point out that this is the grandest room of the queue by far. It's not even close. But there's no doubt it's grand. You see the Tie Fighter there? It's as tall as the AT-AT outside of Star Tours. (The 2 AT-ATs in the ride are 3x the size of the one outside Star Tours.)

I have no doubt it's going to be grand.

I just hope the ride itself has scenes (in addition to the AT-AT scene) of a scale at least kind of like this. And I hope all of the attraction's AAs aren't confined to the queue.

Reactions: Ryno27 and therock
So I don’t wanna be that guy that reads wayyyyy to much into things, *but* Galaxy’s Edge is noticeably missing here:

Maybe bc SWGE is opening so far at the end of the year, they’re being careful with how they market things and focus more on Runaway Railway?

So I don’t wanna be that guy that reads wayyyyy to much into things, *but* Galaxy’s Edge is noticeably missing here:

Maybe bc SWGE is opening so far at the end of the year, they’re being careful with how they market things and focus more on Runaway Railway?

Yup. Disneyland can make it the year of Star Wars, but WDW’s Star Wars is gonna be open probably less than 2 weeks this year. But hey, MousekeDance it should be just as big a draw, right lol.

Yup. Disneyland can make it the year of Star Wars, but WDW’s Star Wars is gonna be open probably less than 2 weeks this year. But hey, MousekeDance it should be just as big a draw, right lol.
Don’t forget the cardboard cutout version of Metroville!

(Seriously, Pixar Place is gonna be filled with photo spots of Metroville, similar to the ones used in Tomorrowland over the summer)

For a minute, I assumed you were just riffing on how weird/bad a lot of Disney names are. Then I checked the artwork. :what:

That's... quite a name they've gone with.
It’s a parade that has a history of bad names...Fitting to continue the tradition I suppose.

So nothing actually cool? Bummer.
Mostly photo ops and M&Gs. Wouldn’t be surprised at a dance party either.

They’re putting Metroville in Pixar Place, which is now a dead end alley. There’s only so much that they actually CAN do in the space.

Reactions: SeventyOne