Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So any ideas what types of ride systems we will see for the two rides? Didnt they mention one will be able to be controlled by us?

I really hope I'm wrong, but the Millennium Falcon attraction description made me immediately think of Mission: Space, just with the addition of the randomized scenes like with Star Tours.

including the ability to take the controls of one of the most recognizable ships in the galaxy, the Millennium Falcon, on a customized secret mission,

I feel like the only real reason to retheme Star Tours would be if it doesn't fit into the timeline of the new land, right? Also, what about Disneyland? Im interested to see what they'll do with Star Tours since theirs is in tomorrrowland. Would they have a star wars ride separate from their star wars land?

Im excited to know what they meant by Cantina. Since the land is being based on the new series instead of the Original I know it won't be Mos Eisley like I was hoping. But all of this looks amazing and great

The concept art sure looks good. Because no one has seen the next movie we don't know if it's any good but I bet they come close.
So 14 acers for 1 themed land with 2 rides, when it could have more planets included but they went all the way for one single planet from the new movie. I hope the rides are amazing and everything is done respectful to the ip (so no dance off's and food in the shape of characters please. If the rest of DHS gets the same amount of love and care I'll visit Disney once more when it is all ready in 2030.

The planet is not based off the new movie. It's a planet only found in the parks. The rides will be based on the new movie however.

My thoughts...concept art looks amazing.
The rides don't sound to exciting to me though. Sounds like motion simulator city.
Really was hoping for a speeder bike outdoor coaster in the same vein of the tron cycle coaster. DHS needs more "big boy" rides. In my opinion.

bcdm_hypetrain.png

THE HYPE IS REAL!!!!

My thoughts...concept art looks amazing.
The rides don't sound to exciting to me though. Sounds like motion simulator city.
Really was hoping for a speeder bike outdoor coaster in the same vein of the tron cycle coaster. DHS needs more "big boy" rides. In my opinion.
I have a feeling the Episode 7 ride is a coaster like the Endor Speeder Bikes were originally going to be.

Reactions: rioriz
Toontown, that SWL is getting rid of wasn't in Walt Park either.
I said IPs. Toontown, for all intents and purposes, isn't really one IP-specific area (don't gimme that Roger Rabbit nonsense lol). I don't think Disneyland should just never expand...it'll just be weird to go from such broad themes to a huge one based on one property that's not technically a Disney original. I dont know, my opinion.

To me the land doesn't immediately "read" as Star Wars. If you just randomly showed me the art on the street I wouldn't immediately think "Star Wars" (minus the Millennium Falcon, obvi). Not hating though, it looks stellar!
I thought the same thing...but I have faith. It's only three drawings, and look how much the concept art for Avatar and even Fantasyland ended up changing. I think that once more details start coming to light, we'll see more "Star Warsy-ness"

A Magical site :)

These have long been rumored by the "insiders"...And this is Disney we are talking about...you think they will drop a large unthemed coaster in the middle of the land. My guess it's located behind the tall facades we see...a lot may be indoors much like the Tron Coaster