Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 322 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The original plan before budget cuts with the Yoshi type attraction would have added some kinetic energy to the land. Shame it got cut, but that’s hardly the problem with this land. The biggest issue is shoehorning themselves into a specific time frame to be “canon.”
Yes, the Jar Jar omnimover, I've heard of it

Disney just announced the first discounts for the Galactic Cruiser, since demand has softened. Vacation Club members can qualify for a discount worth up to 30% in relation to vacation club points.
Fortunately for Disney, this thing is scalable and adaptable. One thing they can do is "theme cruises". An "Empire Strikes Back" with OG characters. Vader instead of Kylo. Or maybe go full on Star Wars Weekendesque and get celebs like Warwick Davis, from the movies. They would play guests/plants until the last 3 hours where they would do M&G/Autographs. How much would Star Wars ...Aficionados pay if Mark Hamill, Warwick Davis, and Adam Driver agreed on a 3 day/new storyline cruise?

We all speculated on how long it would take the burn through the pool of Star Wars and/or Disney fanatics willing to pay the price to sustain the pricing model. I said 1 year. It made it 9 months.

Last edited:
Fortunately for Disney, this thing is scalable and adaptable. One thing they can do is "theme cruises". An "Empire Strikes Back" with OG characters. Vader instead of Kylo. Or maybe go full on Star Wars Weekendesque and get celebs like Warwick Davis, from the movies. They would play guests/plants until the last 3 hours where they would do M&G/Autographs. How much would Star Wars ...Aficionados pay if Mark Hamill, Warwick Davis, and Adam Driver agreed on a 3 day/new storyline cruise?

We all speculated on how long it would take the burn through the pool of Star Wars and/or Disney fanatics willing to pay the price to sustain the pricing model. I said 1 year. It made it 9 months.
Yes, I had said a year too. And if there wasn't the 'covid bounce' to help it out, it might have just been 3 to 6 months......Sooo, to get the disgruntled part of the Disney fan community on board, perhaps they dress a character up like
'Lord Chapek' and let the guests play him like a pinata using the expensive GESWL light sabers. :grin: :lol:

Yes, I had said a year too. And if there wasn't the 'covid bounce' to help it out, it might have just been 3 to 6 months......Sooo, to get the disgruntled part of the Disney fan community on board, perhaps they dress a character up like
'Lord Chapek' and let the guests play him like a pinata using the expensive GESWL light sabers. :grin: :lol:
Take my money.
Lets get the Disney Board to play stormtroopers so I can kick them in their thermal exhaust ports.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Maybe they could have storylines where people can take on being part of the First Order and then either side (First Order or Rebels) both have a chance to win, depending on how they do at the games. Then, if you win, you could get something like an award or similar trinket.

This still wouldn't entice me to stay but it would switch things up a little.

I am surprised it's not an M&G behind a paywall lol
It's been at Disneyland since November and just started at Disneyland Paris as well so it seemed inevitable. They need to further cut the cord on the timeline and bring Boba Fett (like Disneyland also has or at least had), Vader, Luke, Leia, and Han. And no cares to see old Luke, Han, or Leia like are technically around during the timeline of the sequel trilogy. They want the original trilogy version.

I think more Mando characters would be really popular too, though. Bring versions of Ahsoka, Bo-Katan, and Moff Gideon. Seeing someone wield the darksaber would be awesome.

Last edited:
It's been at Disneyland since November and just started at Disneyland Paris as well so it seemed inevitable. They need to further cut the cord on the timeline and bring Boba Fett (like Disneyland also has or at least had), Vader, Luke, Leia, and Han. And no cares to see old Luke, Han, or Leia like are technically around during the timeline of the sequel trilogy. They want the original trilogy version.

I think more Mando characters would be really popular too, though. Bring versions of Ahsoka, Bo-Katan, and Moff Gideon. Seeing someone wield the darksaber would be awesome.

I think having a morning Vader and then an afternoon Kylo would be smart and cool.

Executives & Imagineers continue to exhibit a large dose of stubborness, and a lack of common sense, sticking to their ill advised Batuu timeline.....Damn it Disney, admit you were wrong about what Star Wars guests want.
I'd guess Iger coming back hasn't helped since this was all stuff that happened under his watch/guidance.
Maybe once they get truly new leadership at the top of Disney?

Either way I still love Galaxy's Edge, yes it has flaws but it's one of my favorite places at Disneyland and Rise is an OUTSTANDING attraction - proves what Disney can do when they are on their A Game.

I'd guess Iger coming back hasn't helped since this was all stuff that happened under his watch/guidance.
Maybe once they get truly new leadership at the top of Disney?

Either way I still love Galaxy's Edge, yes it has flaws but it's one of my favorite places at Disneyland and Rise is an OUTSTANDING attraction - proves what Disney can do when they are on their A Game.
I like GESWL at HS. It's one my fav lands, though not on the level of Potter (and as my proof of the land's value...I've been a SW fan since I attended the first movie...and I knew nothing about Potter until I went to Universal) ..BUT....it would be a lot better if they'd give up the ghost on the characters that few love, and bring the old favs on. Heck, this is fantasy anyway, not true life.

I'm glad if others love the land....for me I feel almost nothing when int he land. I have no love for the area and LOVE Rise but....the land is cool but feels like a giant market place, I'd rather it have more kinetic energy like SNW.

I feel very happy in SNW even if its smaller and I loveeeeeeeeee Star Wars just as much as Nintendo when I was younger, so I feel the land needs more things like ships taking off, characters walking around (I've yet to see one when I visit) and droids like have them everywhere "fixing" things.

Just my two cents and I'm happy Mando is here at WDW but as someone who tried to see Boba the last time I went and they refused to saw what times he'd be out....its kinda hit or miss on if the land feels alive or not and would like them to address that

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I like GESWL at HS. It's one my fav lands, though not on the level of Potter (and as my proof of the land's value...I've been a SW fan since I attended the first movie...and I knew nothing about Potter until I went to Universal) ..BUT....it would be a lot better if they'd give up the ghost on the characters that few love, and bring the old favs on. Heck, this is fantasy anyway, not true life.
Oh I don't disagree. I think it will happen eventually, just not under Iger.

Reactions: Mad Dog

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts