Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I also agree that there's something a little bit off about the Kylo AAs, but I much prefer having them to the alternative.

The moment where the pieces of the set come down around him is pretty impressive, I will say.
Eh. That whole scene just doesn't work for me. The RVs are just not dynamic enough to really sell the force holding us back, and I think the collapsing ceiling bit is just a bit slow.

Thankfully the escape pod sequence is a great finale

The escape pod sequence itself didn't do a ton for me, but the initial drop is an extremely cool added boost for it. It also helps to have some classic STAR WARS music playing underneath it.

Going back outside and meeting up with Bek again before unload is fun, though. One of the details that helps tie the entire experience together.

Eh. That whole scene just doesn't work for me. The RVs are just not dynamic enough to really sell the force holding us back, and I think the collapsing ceiling bit is just a bit slow.

Thankfully the escape pod sequence is a great finale
I think that a real fireball from “outside” would help sell the destruction, but I understand given the tightness of that space and what’s in it why there isn’t one. I can’t think of any attraction with real fire that is *that* close to the guests or animatronics.

I’ve been avoiding videos until I can get on it for real, but is there a blast of fog or is it all projections and the falling ceiling? If the latter, perhaps real fog or LN2 would help mask the slowness a bit.

I think that a real fireball from “outside” would help sell the destruction, but I understand given the tightness of that space and what’s in it why there isn’t one. I can’t think of any attraction with real fire that is *that* close to the guests or animatronics.

I’ve been avoiding videos until I can get on it for real, but is there a blast of fog or is it all projections and the falling ceiling? If the latter, perhaps real fog or LN2 would help mask the slowness a bit.
No fog, projections, ceiling, and a weak-ish blast of air

granted I have yet to see Rise of Skywalker but Kylo has never been an impressive bad guy for me. He just comes off as a whiney, angsty, teenager. So I had the same feelings about him on the ride, but he doesn’t make or break it.

How cool would ride be if it was Vader that kept popping up? but I get it. Disney wants to sell the new movies.

I finally got to ride on Tuesday (after it going down twice right before boarding). I really loved the sets and the scale, but I found it was not thrilling at all. Both of the attractions miss that aspect whole heartily. I’d give it a solid B. I loved the whole experience and the build up, but it built up to a slow moving attraction through some sets. Even some spinning “out of control” would have helped.

I finally got to ride on Tuesday (after it going down twice right before boarding). I really loved the sets and the scale, but I found it was not thrilling at all. Both of the attractions miss that aspect whole heartily. I’d give it a solid B. I loved the whole experience and the build up, but it built up to a slow moving attraction through some sets. Even some spinning “out of control” would have helped.
Starting to see that same opinion expressed on some Disney oriented sites too, lately, after the earlier 'greatest ride ever' euphoria comments . I missed out the day I was there since it had so many breakdowns, but the ride section looks so much like Ratatouie that I thought it could be lacking thrill. But I'm still thinking that I will like the ride a lot since I enjoy good preshows as much as the actual rides sometimes.

You captured my thoughts on this ride almost exactly. Nothing captures the magic & immersion into the SW universe like the Transport experience. The ride itself has its moments but it never quite lives up to the build-up of the Transport preshow.

You captured my thoughts on this ride almost exactly. Nothing captures the magic & immersion into the SW universe like the Transport experience. The ride itself has its moments but it never quite lives up to the build-up of the Transport preshow.

I also loved the interrogation cell and being “broke out”. That build of batuu>transport ship > capture > prisoner > escape 2 was great. The slowness and lack of action (other than lasers and Kylo Ren speaking angrily towards you) was jarring after that preshow experience.

Starting to see that same opinion expressed on some Disney oriented sites too, lately, after the earlier 'greatest ride ever' euphoria comments . I missed out the day I was there since it had so many breakdowns, but the ride section looks so much like Ratatouie that I thought it could be lacking thrill. But I'm still thinking that I will like the ride a lot since I enjoy good preshows as much as the actual rides sometimes.
The ride has never been advertised or was planned on being thrilling, though. If they advertised it that way, I’d understand, but they’ve always showed a slow moving vehicle with action sequences.

The ride has never been advertised or was planned on being thrilling, though. If they advertised it that way, I’d understand, but they’ve always showed a slow moving vehicle with action sequences.
True....But someone saying it lacked thrills isn't stating Disney misrepresented the ride, only that the person would have preferred a more thrilling ride. A ride doesn't have to necessarily be fast to be thrilling. Nothing wrong with that.It's a legitimate opinion.

True....But someone saying it lacked thrills isn't stating Disney misrepresented the ride, only that the person would have preferred a more thrilling ride. A ride doesn't have to necessarily be fast to be thrilling. Nothing wrong with that.It's a legitimate opinion.
I mean , yeah, but we’ve known what this ride was gonna be for years.

100% this. The whole experience and story of the ride is setting up for a thrilling conclusion/chase. I tried to stay away from any spoilers and leaks, so was a little shocked what it actually was. I did like the ride, but it wasn’t what I expected or even really wanted after going through the preshow. I looooooved all the framing around it.

I thought in every way it caught the essence of what it would feel like to enter a battle scene in a Star Wars movie.

I can understand wanting something more thrilling I guess, but I don’t know if that would’ve made the ride any better other than (over)stimulating you.

I thought in every way it caught the essence of what it would feel like to enter a battle scene in a Star Wars movie.

I can understand wanting something more thrilling I guess, but I don’t know if that would’ve made the ride any better other than (over)stimulating you.

I guess that making the scenes prior to the ride not so good.....may have made the ride better?:shrug:

"Thrill" is entirely a subjective thing, and there are also different ways for an attraction to provide a thrill. It doesn't necessarily have to be fast, bumpy, or intense to qualify.

I found Rise of the Resistance plenty thrilling... in its own way.

100% this. The whole experience and story of the ride is setting up for a thrilling conclusion/chase. I tried to stay away from any spoilers and leaks, so was a little shocked what it actually was. I did like the ride, but it wasn’t what I expected or even really wanted after going through the preshow. I looooooved all the framing around it.

I've heard people compare it to being on an air hockey table.