Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I’m really excited for Rise of the Resistance, where do you think it will rank in best Disney rides ever? Will it beat Battle for the Sunken Treasure?

Ya too early for that discussion, plus there are some things in this ride that to my knowledge have not been publicly announced of yet, so there’s still more to come.

That being said, I’ve read this on magic and discussed with my source, the commercials for this ride are SUPER enhanced. Just know that everyone but that being said there will be a few more nice surprises. I think it’ll be a top 5 WDW ride for sure if it all actually works but we’ll see in (possibly) 2 weeks!

Is anyone on here in any forums or part of any really intense Star Wars fan community? I stay away cause generally they're toxic but I am curious their response to this land. As a Star Wars enthusiast from what Ive seen I'm more "Nice but eh" than my mind being blown or anything, but we'll see what its all like in person come April. Hoping this ride is as good as it sounds.
I had the reproductions of concept art from Ralph Angus McQuarrie on my wall for many years. I loved the original trilogy in it's original form. I disliked the Ewok movies, I was angry when the original trilogy where tarted up with cgi, hated the prequel and had a New Hope (pun intended) when episode 7 came out. That hope was crushed and now I don't care anymore. I have my memories and that's it.
I was hoping Star Wars land would let me go back to my beloved 3 movies, it doesn't. I still hope the ride is going to be good because nothing else is doing it for me except for the exterior of Millennium Falcon. I doubt it because it has emo Ren and girl Luke in it. That said I am fine if people love the prequel or the current trilogy or whatever else they abuse the Star Wars name for. That is fine, I keep looking at the side line to see if something of the original space fairy tail immerse. If Disney will bring the original trilogy to 4K without the cgi crap I will buy it full price.

I had the reproductions of concept art from Ralph Angus McQuarrie on my wall for many years. I loved the original trilogy in it's original form. I disliked the Ewok movies, I was angry when the original trilogy where tarted up with cgi, hated the prequel and had a New Hope (pun intended) when episode 7 came out. That hope was crushed and now I don't care anymore. I have my memories and that's it.
I was hoping Star Wars land would let me go back to my beloved 3 movies, it doesn't. I still hope the ride is going to be good because nothing else is doing it for me except for the exterior of Millennium Falcon. I doubt it because it has emo Ren and girl Luke in it. That said I am fine if people love the prequel or the current trilogy or whatever else they abuse the Star Wars name for. That is fine, I keep looking at the side line to see if something of the original space fairy tail immerse. If Disney will bring the original trilogy to 4K without the cgi crap I will buy it full price.

ok boomer?

i mean this is such a tired argument. They aren’t rebuilding Star Wars land to exactly what you wanted. It’s time to get over it.

I’m really excited for Rise of the Resistance, where do you think it will rank in best Disney rides ever? Will it beat Battle for the Sunken Treasure?

I always love this. Universal is nothing but screen rides, yet Disney’s greatest ride is taking The most ground breaking ride they ever made, and adding screens. The second greatest ride is.... a movie.

ok boomer?

i mean this is such a tired argument. They aren’t rebuilding Star Wars land to exactly what you wanted. It’s time to get over it.

FYI- my son (now 12) feels exactly the same way.

Loves 4&5, likes 6 but hates the Ewoks, tolerates 1,2,3 because of the effects and fight scenes, and lost all love for Star Wars, pretty much immediately, after sitting through episode 7. He gave 8 a chance, but turned it off when leia flew through space. Declares he will never watch 9.

He skipped solo because he figured (rightly) that they would kill Han’s memory like they killed the franchise.

So it’s not a “boomer” thing.

1,2,3 were widely regarded as the worst of the films- until 7&8 showed up...

Also, one problem is that if something in one of the first pre shows (post queue) doesn't work, the ENTIRE ride shuts down. Everything past that runs but once they're out of people everything stops until that is fixed. Should be interesting. Im really liking the idea of the pre shows being directly part of the experience, not like pre show, more line, pre show again, more line, then ride. Once you hit the pre shows you're off and running.

One hour run time is at least workable. I wonder what the reset time is?
Based on other “complex” rides like Spider-Man and Hogwarts, resets are typically 1-3 hours. It sounds like these RotR resets are longer though (speculating), possibly 2-5 hours.

But even if a reset is 2 hours after it runs for an hour, the ride would only be operating 3 hours in a 9 hour day.

If this thing has a 2,000/hr capacity, that’s only 6,000 guests a day getting to ride the brand new thing.

In a park that averaged 30,000 guests a day.

That means only 20% of guests would ride this thing a day.

During the holiday crush, that % could drop to 15% or lower.

Just mathematically, this looks like it could be a PR disaster like Disney’s never seen in their parks (apart from people dying).