Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I am not shocked that this comes short due to it timing just right when Skywalker does it's press blowout..but man it's dissapointing of a scale that it could've been.

Wondering now if they're going to do the blowout in a more..proper fashion next month.

Ya, what? That was just Bob Chapek talking for like 10 minutes. Not as cool as I had hoped. That, was lame. Thank God the ride is much better lol.

Haven’t experienced it in person so my opinion is somewhat useless but will share it anyways, everything looks great but it’s still just lacking the heart, and that comes from the Original Trilogy characters. Oh well, at least the ride is insanely impressive it seems.

Last edited:
I am not shocked that this comes short due to it timing just right when Skywalker does it's press blowout..but man it's dissapointing of a scale that it could've been.

Wondering now if they're going to do the blowout in a more..proper fashion next month.
Disney is riding a wave of fairly overwhelmingly positive responses to Star Wars right now with The Mandalorian, Fallen Order and now RotR.

They honestly couldn’t have asked for a more perfect chain of positive events leading into Rise of Skywalker, especially when TLJ and Solo left the fan base in such a divided state and SWGE opened to low crowds TWICE.

IMO, they should’ve gone bigger to celebrate an *actual* job well done.

That ceremony should have been a lot better for such a ride, we got the x-wing balloons (I know they were drones), an this energy draining guy:

EK-1XoOXYAA1B2i

Disney is riding a wave of fairly overwhelmingly positive responses to Star Wars right now with The Mandalorian, Fallen Order and now RotR.

They honestly couldn’t have asked for a more perfect chain of positive events leading into Rise of Skywalker, especially when TLJ and Solo left the fan base in such a divided state and SWGE opened to low crowds TWICE.

IMO, they should’ve gone bigger to celebrate an *actual* job well done.

I highly concur, and I think it's going to be fascinating to see how they play Skywalker's reception towards Disneyland's Dedication Ceremony. The ball is in California's court now to do something special with an opening ceremony, especially if they can get a few of the cast members for the ceremony like how the original Star Tours opened.

I gotta' agree with Joe, "Neat" is not a word I'd use for that ceremony. Several folks online have accurately described Chapek as a "Energy Vampire", and that ceremony is proof positive of it. Seriously, the ride looks real promising and there's a lot to be excited about...but you wouldn't be able to get that vibe with how Chapek talked.

I gotta' agree with Joe, "Neat" is not a word I'd use for that ceremony. Several folks online have accurately described Chapek as a "Energy Vampire", and that ceremony is proof positive of it. Seriously, the ride looks real promising and there's a lot to be excited about...but you wouldn't be able to get that vibe with how Chapek talked.
Yea I was referring to anything prior to Chapek speaking.

The way he awkwardly applauded as he nervously glanced around the crowd made it seem like he was really in his head about something?? Loved the drones, lighting was great, cast was energetic, and then... Bob. :shrug:

I highly concur, and I think it's going to be fascinating to see how they play Skywalker's reception towards Disneyland's Dedication Ceremony. The ball is in California's court now to do something special with an opening ceremony, especially if they can get a few of the cast members for the ceremony like how the original Star Tours opened.
I’m pretty sure as soon as the movie debuts, the entire new trilogy cast is gonna try their hardest to forget they were ever involved in these movies.

I’m pretty sure as soon as the movie debuts, the entire new trilogy cast is gonna try their hardest to forget they were ever involved in these movies.

Possible, sure. But I wouldn't be shocked if they do a chance to have the cast and crew there, especially if they push RoS in the technical department. It wouldn't be shocking in the slightest if Domhall or John Boyega appears in-person to celebrate it. But that's a topic for the DL thread, now is it.

Possible, sure. But I wouldn't be shocked if they do a chance to have the cast and crew there, especially if they push RoS in the technical department. It wouldn't be shocking in the slightest if Domhall or John Boyega appears in-person to celebrate it. But that's a topic for the DL thread, now is it.
Maybe they have a chance at Boyega? They sure as hell won’t with Adam Driver as he’ll be pushing Marriage Story.

What type of lines are we expecting tomorrow? Will it be consistently packed all day?
Chapek said at the end:
"We invite you to live your own adventure through-out Star Wars Galaxy's Edge" (And nothing in particular about Rise)

There was downtime during the preview rides, and it never reopened (even for media) in the evening.

Signs point to a rough day tomorrow.

The way he awkwardly applauded as he nervously glanced around the crowd made it seem like he was really in his head about something?? Loved the drones, lighting was great, cast was energetic, and then... Bob. :shrug:

tenor.gif

Energy vulture is a great term. People sometimes ascribe ill intent to Bob, but the reality is that he just isn't that bright.

Edit to add: the drones were lame, but there was never a chance they were going to do anything that would cause the safety people heartburn.