Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

As long as the ride doesn't have a bunch of scenes where we're just sitting in front of a screen that is simulating the action, I'm not worried about screens here. Seems like the screens are mostly going to be providing a view out of windows and hangars.

EotP/Antarctica's motion pales in comparison to Transformers/Spider-man. Even on the wild side.

That said, I hope they have less motion than Dinosaur!
I wouldn't worry too much about lack of motion. Antarctica is not nearly the best example, anyway. We know what Ratatouille can do and while it doesn't reach Transformers levels, it does have a wide motion base that comes up just a bit short of Transformers. That's a trackless ride that was developed roughly 5-6 years before RotR. I'm also not gonna bet against Scott Trowbridge to create a groundbreaking ride.

We shall see when this opens in DL in roughly 6 months, I guess.

As long as the ride doesn't have a bunch of scenes where we're just sitting in front of a screen that is simulating the action, I'm not worried about screens here. Seems like the screens are mostly going to be providing a view out of windows and hangars.
That is what I originally thought, but the video on the DPB has me concerned.

I wouldn't worry too much about lack of motion. Antarctica is not nearly the best example, anyway. We know what Ratatouille can do and while it doesn't reach Transformers levels, it does have a wide motion base that comes up just a bit short of Transformers. That's a trackless ride that was developed roughly 5-6 years before RotR. I'm also not gonna bet against Scott Trowbridge to create a groundbreaking ride.

So far I'm not seeing "groundbreaking". More like Spider-man with more practicals. Even though we haven't seen the practicals.

Last edited:

Uhhh, Ratatouille does damn near nothing, motion wise.

That is what I originally thought, but the video on the DPB has me concerned.

So far I'm not seeing "groundbreaking". More like Spider-man with more practicals. Even though we haven't seen the practicals.

Disney could open Spider-man with less motion, 2-D, and no practicals, and would be praised for not overusing screens like Universal.

You said it comes up just short of Transformers, which just isn't true.
That was poor wording on my part. It comes up short, but the potential is there for an action packed and motion heavy ride. I'm not expecting over-the-top motion (less than TF, as I almost think that's too much), but I can see it easily see it having *moments* where the motion is like Spider-Man. But with Animatronics throughout the ride as well, I don't expect the whole thing to just be non-stop like TF is.

Note: I'm not saying TF is better than Spider-Man, i'm saying the ride has more consistent motion.

I too am also excited for this ride but have a lot of questions. Is this a Star Wars version of Mystic Manor? Of Ratatouille? Or that AR headset concept Jim and Len have talked about on their show?

I too am also excited for this ride but have a lot of questions. Is this a Star Wars version of Mystic Manor? Of Ratatouille? Or that AR headset concept Jim and Len have talked about on their show?
There’s no way that AR thing is true.

It’s like spider-man with no 3D and more live action sets and AAs, but using trackless ride vehicles. Plus a preshow that’s like a “ride” itself, shuttling us to space... kinda like the elevator down to the vaults at Gringotts.

There’s no way that AR thing is true.

It’s like spider-man with no 3D and more live action sets and AAs, but using trackless ride vehicles. Plus a preshow that’s like a “ride” itself, shuttling us to space... kinda like the elevator down to the vaults at Gringotts.

Ah so that’s the whole “two rides” thing.

Ah so that’s the whole “two rides” thing.
That’s the best rumor I’ve heard for it, and to back it up they have a model of a Resistance Intersystem Transport Ship at One Man’s Dream. Made for carrying resistance fighters to and from larger ships above the planet.

62B1AC6A-61D4-44B5-A3A5-58AE22114953.jpeg

That’s the best rumor I’ve heard for it, and to back it up they have a model of a Resistance Intersystem Transport Ship at One Man’s Dream. Made for carrying resistance fighters to and from larger ships above the planet.

View attachment 8409

I keep getting this feeling SWGE is Hogsmeade and Diagon combined in one land. Kuka arm attraction? Check. This sounds Gringotts like. Hmmmmm.

I was thinking that if I could only wait in line/get FP+ for one of the rides, it would be this one (based on earlier clips). But now, I'm second guessing that choice and thinking the Falcon ride might be more "thrilling"?

I keep getting this feeling SWGE is Hogsmeade and Diagon combined in one land. Kuka arm attraction? Check. This sounds Gringotts like. Hmmmmm.

Well, it's taking the worst part of the Kuka arm ride, and then limiting the motion massively, and covering most of the full vision field screens. So, yeah.

This is not a coaster, like Gringotts, and likely won't have moving points of conversion, which seems to be a Universal only thing.

And saying it's "two rides" is just perposterous marketing. I guess Haunted Masion in Disneyland is two rides too but not WDW.

Plus a preshow that’s like a “ride” itself, shuttling us to space... kinda like the elevator down to the vaults at Gringotts.
It's quite a bit more elaborate than the Gringotts elevators. I would definitely say it's most elaborate pre-show of any ride on the planet. The lengths they've gone to are actually really surprising. If you go back to early construction photos you can see a massive circular structure being built very close to the Alcatraz show building. This is a gigantic turntable. They are going to rotate the whole ship 180 degrees just so that you leave the ship through the same door you entered through. They could've easily put two doors on opposite sides, do the simulation, and walk out the opposing door, without much damage to the story, but it was too much damage for them.

Does it deserve the designation of a separate ride? No. But, it will be very, very special.

It's quite a bit more elaborate than the Gringotts elevators. I would definitely say it's most elaborate pre-show of any ride on the planet. The lengths they've gone to are actually really surprising. If you go back to early construction photos you can see a massive circular structure being built very close to the Alcatraz show building. This is a gigantic turntable. They are going to rotate the whole ship 180 degrees just so that you leave the ship through the same door you entered through. They could've easily put two doors on opposite sides, do the simulation, and walk out the opposing door, without much damage to the story, but it was too much damage for them.

Does it deserve the designation of another ride? No. But, it will be very, very special.
That’s pretty cool. I was expecting two doors for sure, so already surpassing my expectations.