Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

As far as anyone knows they never opened up boarding groups again did they? Considering 155 is a higher number than initially reported.

Based on some videos i've seen they're only sending out two loaded vehicles at a time, so I think they're running at half capacity. Here's one showing that.

will there be a review thread?

honestly, its going about as well as expected. Not a major disaster by any means.

I think Disney played it safe again to avoid bad press.

The virtual bording system was a great idea.

As far as anyone knows they never opened up boarding groups again did they? Considering 155 is a higher number than initially reported.
It was originally reported that they cut it off at 120. Then later others reported having groups numbers higher than 120. Either they reopened it, or it was never cut off at 120. :shrug:

Also my "source" said that a "group" is 100. And 2 posters over on MAGIC said the same thing. So I'm going with a group being 100. But doubting the report that they actually cut it off at 120.

We should know more actual facts as the day goes on.

What is the approximate wait once a group is called?

About 20-25 mins.

It would be seemingly impossible for the ride to have moved 15k people already so something is off. It will be interesting to see where it ends up.

133 is the furthest boarding pass I’ve seen, grabbed by someone just after 8am.

Also, heads up, when it says EVENING for current time in the app, that’s for boarding passes that are being handed out now. Not yours. You have to click on my status to learn anything about the boarding pass you already have. It said Afternoon on the screen when I entered the ride with my pass around 8am for example. Kinda like old paper FastPass when it says what time they’re offering now, but it’s s General time of day rather than a specific time.

What no review, not even an impression?

What no review, not even an impression?
Check my twitter. Not sure I can post it here cause I said a swear lol.

It’s a top 5 ride in FL. I’m riding it again soon, but my first impression is I haven’t felt this way on a new ride since Forbidden Journey, and before that Spider-Man. It’s different enough to feel fresh, but exciting enough to feel like a great Star Wars ride.

It’s blowing people’s minds here. I’ve been watching people exit and I’ve seen tears, exclamations of best ride ever, and most of all, stunned looks of shock, like they still can’t believe what just happened.

About 10 minutes. They’re not using any of the outdoor queue. And the line moved quick. And OMG that was amazing!!
Im literally so jealous of anyone riding lol. I will not be watching another POV but I did watch one of the entire experience yesterday and I was on the EDGE OF MY SEAT, from watching this through the lens of my phone!!! I can only imagine what this attraction is like in person. Glad you were able to have an awesome ride!

It’s a top 5 ride in FL. I’m riding it again soon, but my first impression is I haven’t felt this way on a new ride since Forbidden Journey, and before that Spider-Man. It’s different enough to feel fresh, but exciting enough to feel like a great Star Wars ride.

It’s blowing people’s minds here. I’ve been watching people exit and I’ve seen tears, exclamations of best ride ever, and most of all, stunned looks of shock, like they still can’t believe what just happened.

Great to hear!

I nearly cried watching a freaking youtube POV, I'm gonna be a blubbering mess on this thing. Very happy for you that you got a full ride in!! Can't wait for your podcast on it. Really happy to hear everyone is loving this attraction.

Glad to hear that everyone who is getting to ride it is loving the ride. Hopefully it gets more reliable in the future. Never been to Disney but do want to go one day... maybe once the Tron coaster opens too. But this is one of the rides at the top of the list I want to do.

Sorry, not just crow.... all the crows.

Oh, this thing will make every Disney fan who joked/complained/"Disney would never!" about Hagrid eat all the crows in the orlando area.
Page 49.

Non-snark: when they're available, what sort of restrictions are placed on getting a boarding pass? Is it tied to having admission for the day or geofenced?

Sorry, not just crow.... all the crows.

Page 49.

Non-snark: when they're available, what sort of restrictions are placed on getting a boarding pass? Is it tied to having admission for the day or geofenced?

ah got it. Yeah I mean the thing went down three times today including dumping the queue. Crow is being served but they’re avoiding it and pivoting. ;)