Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Today sounds like it's going much better than the all but guaranteed disaster that was predicted here over the last several weeks.

I mean, @Alicia is about to ride it twice.

I think the boarding group has definitely helped mask the downtimes, which is a testament to how great Disney ops can be; but overall yea - it appears Disney may have worked out some kinks in the 11th hour. There was too much noise from other prominent insiders and Disney sites to think there weren't any issues, and with several downtimes today so far, they still have some kinks to work out - but ultimately none of that matters if the guests are riding and coming off happy.

Right.

One thing I don't like is opening at what appears to be 6-6:30am when the posted time was 8am. I get trying to get as many people through as possible, but if you post an opening time and allow people to base plans on it, they really should have stuck to it. Maybe I would feel differently about it if I was on the ground and having to manage that deluge of people.

Thanks - so if I hide an Android device in the bushes and remote access it around 6:30-7ish...... or spoof my GPS..... hmmm.
Tried to spoof the gps. Doesn't work. Must do a secondary check seeing if you can pickup disney wifi.

Despite the hidden factors there are clearly a lot of upset guests who arrived just 30 mins after scheduled park opening who weren’t even allowed the queue to ride. It was great for people like me that got here at 4am. Got on twice. Even got to ride ToT and Rockin at 6am.

There are a lot of downtimes too, but they’re easy to hide as no one knows when their boarding pass number will be called anyway. If they had used set return times it would’ve been a disaster, and that’s a brilliant move for sure.

Not sure if what Universal did for Hagrid, or what Disney for this is better. They both accomplished different goals. They both make the rides look successful. They both have winners and losers. As with everything when it comes to these companies, they just do things differently.

Also, it’s still just as good on round two. I’m heading home now and I had a blast.

Based on some videos i've seen they're only sending out two loaded vehicles at a time, so I think they're running at half capacity. Here's one showing that.

Looks neat! Like an improved version of Spider Man. The Stormtroopers projections firing and "damaging" things is similar to the fireball jack-o-lantern in Spiderman. Can't wait to see this!

There was too much noise from other prominent insiders and Disney sites to think there weren't any issues,

And as I said originally- all of that noise and rumor was coming second-hand and passing through, at the very least, two different biases and filters (good or bad) before getting to print on a forum or blog. It's also why I said to take it with a very large grain of salt and to wait for opening day and actual reactions and responses before believing it verbatim.

Despite the hidden factors there are clearly a lot of upset guests who arrived just 30 mins after scheduled park opening who weren’t even allowed the queue to ride. It was great for people like me that got here at 4am. Got on twice. Even got to ride ToT and Rockin at 6am.

There are a lot of downtimes too, but they’re easy to hide as no one knows when their boarding pass number will be called anyway. If they had used set return times it would’ve been a disaster, and that’s a brilliant move for sure.

Not sure if what Universal did for Hagrid, or what Disney for this is better. They both accomplished different goals. They both make the rides look successful. They both have winners and losers. As with everything when it comes to these companies, they just do things differently.

Also, it’s still just as good on round two. I’m heading home now and I had a blast.

If I had told you that you'd ride twice and still be out of the park before 4pm, you'd have thought I was absolutely insane. So would anybody who read this thread the last few weeks.

So I'd call that as successful of an opening day that Disney could possibly ask for.

If I had told you that you'd ride twice and still be out of the park before 4pm, you'd have thought I was absolutely insane. So would anybody who read this thread the last few weeks.

So I'd call that as successful of an opening day that Disney could possibly ask for.
I’ll be blunt: I don’t think it’s fair that I got to ride twice and anyone arriving 30 mins after park open can’t at all.

But I’m not complaining, they are.

I’ll be blunt: I don’t think it’s fair that I got to ride twice and anyone arriving 30 mins after park open can’t at all.

I totally agree. They should have it linked with MDE and max you out at once per day for right now.

I totally agree. They should have it linked with MDE and max you out at once per day for right now.
Once the park actually opens when it is scheduled to it’ll be more fair, but today went as well as it could’ve (so far,) if not better, I agree.

Once the park actually opens when it is scheduled to it’ll be more fair, but today went as well as it could’ve (so far,) if not better, I agree.
Were you able to get an apx. number of how many people were in each of your groups? Dave was hearing apx. 100 from one of his sources.

Were you able to get an apx. number of how many people were in each of your groups? Dave was hearing apx. 100 from one of his sources.
Might’ve seemed like a little less, but that might be due to natural dispersement over the two hour window.

... go to Epcot?
Thats exactly what I did... although my boarding went from "afternoon" to "evening" to blank to suddenly running up to my number (literally it was like 21-30 for an hour and then suddenly we went 34-38-42-46-48) ... so they must have cranked up after the downtime