Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Disney may have boxed themselves in opening at 6am. Now people will continue to show up early, and if the park really doesn't open until 9 there will be a massive blob of people. If they continue to unannounce 6am, people showing up at 9am will be disappointed and angry.. again.

I wouldn’t have as much of a problem with it if the official opening time was 6am. But since it’s not, it just feels wrong towards the average guest.
The average guest isnt getting on anyway. The ride has a limited capacity per day and high demand. Nothing is going to change that. Disney letting the people who show up earliest get a reserved spot without having to wait in line all day is the best thing they can do. Disney is actually going people a favor by opening so early. By the time 9 rolls around people coming in have a chance to decide to not use a ticket in this park at all if not getting on rise is a dealbreaker. I fully expected disney was going to take everyone's money first before they realized they werent getting on this ride.

Also disney is terrible about running transport a good bit before parks open. Especially for early openings. The people driving have the advantage almost always.

I was (mostly) feeling pretty good about how the opening went yesterday, but upon learning that Disney essentially did the exact same thing for Day 2, my feelings have soured a bit.

They should not be doing unannounced early openings, period. If you want to open at 6am, by all means, have at it, but let the public know. Not doing so is hugely unfair.

Disney had better not be pulling this by January 23rd.

I was (mostly) feeling pretty good about how the opening went yesterday, but upon learning that Disney essentially did the exact same thing for Day 2, my feelings have soured a bit.

They should not be doing unannounced early openings, period. If you want to open at 6am, by all means, have at it, but let the public know. Not doing so is hugely unfair.

Disney had better not be pulling this by January 23rd.
It is weird.

Although, maybe the logic is announce 8am open, guests show up at 5 — but announce a 6am opening, guests show up at 3.

They’re gonna lose either way.

I want to try to get on tomorrow. Assuming they do the same 6am opening tomorrow what time do they open the parking booths and when would you advise to arrive by?

It is weird.

Although, maybe the logic is announce 8am open, guests show up at 5 — but announce a 6am opening, guests show up at 3.

They’re gonna lose either way.

Exactly. Its a no win, people are going to show up prior to park open. In any scenario, the first ~10,000 people will likely get a boarding pass, the rest won't. If all those people showed up at 6am and were forced to wait outside until 9am open, and you show up at 9am, they are still going to scan in before you and get the slot.

My guess for the next 1-4 weeks (at least) is treat this like an in demand rope drop and get there 60-90 minutes prior to open.

Exactly. Its a no win, people are going to show up prior to park open. In any scenario, the first ~10,000 people will likely get a boarding pass, the rest won't. If all those people showed up at 6am and were forced to wait outside until 9am open, and you show up at 9am, they are still going to scan in before you and get the slot.

My guess for the next 1-4 weeks (at least) is treat this like an in demand rope drop and get there 60-90 minutes prior to open.
That’s a good point. No matter when they open the gates, they’ll still be thousands of bodies entering before you if you get there at 9.

But they probably should add a clause to the app that prevents guests from booking a second Boarding Pass if they are opening early.

I dont care for the fact thats its closed before park opening. But realistically, for any other major attraction opening you need to get there first thing to have a decent chance to ride. So, I can't blame them for going this route but no announcement of it even today or yesterday is not good. Wouldn't they want a ridiculous amount of people in at
You don’t care that something is at capacity before it even opened?
That’s a good point. No matter when they open the gates, they’ll still be thousands of bodies entering before you if you get there at 9.

But they probably should add a clause to the app that prevents guests from booking a second Boarding Pass if they are opening early.
those thousands of bodies can’t queue twice.

You don’t care that something is at capacity before it even opened?

those thousands of bodies can’t queue twice.
By saying “I don’t care for the fact it’s closed before park opening” was meant to say I do care it’s closing that early, it’s ridiculous. I meant to say I don’t care for the fact that they’re doing that, should’ve worded it differently. Opening day, I kinda get it. Day 2? Eh, no excuse there really. Advertise it at this point.

Yes, they'll show early. They still do it for FOP, two and a half years later. Even on a slow crowd day, the line before rope drop will extend all the way into Discovery Island.

Rode it today. It was fantastic, obviously. Stay away from spoilers as much as you can because.. as little as I did know.. there was still little that I wasn't expecting.

Anyone else got any theories on this? Watch a POV, your view of it changes as you move, so either a mirror or a screen with squinching, but mirror is the easiest explanation.

Yea, I would say a mirror makes the most sense