Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire (DLR)

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Officially revealed today, Lucasfilm announced that they; alongside IMLxLab and TheVoid will be bringing a brand new Star Wars HR experience at Disneyland Resort in California, and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire Hyper-Reality Experience Coming This Holiday Season | StarWars.com

Star Wars Multi-Player VR Experience Coming to Disneyland Resorts | Variety

The new experiences will open to the public at a new location at Downtown Disney at California, and Disney Springs in Florida. No official date was given, and that there will be more news in the coming months.

For those unaware of The Void, The Void has been a rising chain of places to try unique HR experiences at locations like Dubai, New York, London, and Toronto Canada, that has included a Ghostbusters HR experience.

What do you think? Are you interested to see what happens with the partnership between the three, alongside it being at Disney Property? And if so, do you want to see it potentially canon to the Star Wars universe? Comment below!!

LOL - we posted threads at exactly the same time.

As I asked in my thread, is this a new, long-term venue or a popup experience?

LOL - we posted threads at exactly the same time.

As I asked in my thread, is this a new, long-term venue or a popup experience?

I have to assume it's long-term, and that I am not surprised. Me and Justyn accidentally setted up the Ash vs. Evil Dead thread's for Hollywood when that was announced, so it doesn't phased me. ;)

As for locations, I have to wonder if this is the replacement for Build a Bear and Ridemakerz.

I wonder when it will open

The article in the OP literally says "coming this holiday season" haha.

I can see them erecting a giant tent like the Blade Runner Experience at SDCC. I'm not sure where else they could possibly put it. Unless they put it in one of the soon to be vacant shops during they transform the building into a restaurant? The article mentions two new "VOID Experience Centers".

With that said, The Void is probably the best VR company in the world. It'll surely be an amazing experience.

I'm curious if this will be a permanent thing or not.

Also what do we think the cost of this bad boy will be?

I'm curious if this will be a permanent thing or not.

Also what do we think the cost of this bad boy will be?

If it's anything like The Void's Ghostbusters Hyper-Reality attraction at NYC; it'd be under 60.

Which, when you think about it; mades potential sense due to what is required to make it work, as essentially you are renting their products while you are in any particular VOID attraction.

Repository was from VRCade, which also did the Ghost Town VR at Knotts. This is The Void, which is a much better free roaming system like Zero Latency’s at Pointe Orlando.

Perhaps it's also wise to mention that VOID has also done Ghostbusters at Madame; which as far as I understand, has received rave reviews. And that is more expensive than SoTE.

I want to post some quick thoughts of Secrets of The Empire, as I got the chance to experience it at The Venetian at Las Vegas, and some notes.

• The Glasses-Friendly aspect of Secrets of The Empire was great for me as someone who has prescription glasses for seeing. Made it work rather nicely for what was shown.
  • The effects felt in the environment was outstanding, as at multiple times, it felt like I was there. Perhaps it was just more of how they had the effects strapped onto you.
  • The visuals are extremely impressive, and lends itself very nicely. You feel like you are in that portion of the galaxy, even for a slight moment.
  • I wish it was a longer experience, as while it was appealing to me as a Star Wars fan, I can see why people may find it as a rip-off in the amount of time in the VR.
  • The ending was outstanding, and for me, was absolutely worth the experience.
  • Some of the controls in the experience were a bit off in how they responded, but I have to give them credit where credit is due (when used effectively)
Overall: For my first true foray into VR, VOID did a great (but somewhat flawed) job in Secret's of The Empire. I want to see what they can do in horror, or hell; Marvel Entertainment, as there is a lot of potential in VR, especially if it's done in a way like this.

Grading - 8/10