Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire

The article mentions they're teaming up with The Void, which is a really awesome VR gaming company (and I see a VR headset in that concept art), so a Star Wars version of this could be pretty spectacular and very popular.

Likely short term to promote the movie. They did a similar thing in for $50 in NYC for Ghostbusters.

My guess is they use a tent or other temporary facility to do this.

From what it seems, given if you look into the conceptual art; it doesn't seem to be based off of the new trilogy and may be more similar to Rogue One than anything else.

So unless the Han Solo film has K2so involved in some capacity, with the original trilogy Stormtroopers; it ain't promoting The Last Jedi

They moved all Star Wars stuff into the old Fun Finds location as a temporary location.

Makes me think they're going to be using the space in Once Upon A Toy.

The Rouge One robot was a strange choice for the concept art. Makes me think this may be more than a short-term thing.

More importantly, I think this sets a precedent that VR things don't belong in a Disney theme park.

The Rouge One robot was a strange choice for the concept art. Makes me think this may be more than a short-term thing.

More importantly, I think this sets a precedent that VR things don't belong in a Disney theme park.

Don't say that. There's plenty of reasons why this is in DS/DTD and not a park that isn't "VR shouldnt be in a Disney park".

So tickets are $29.95 each for a 30 minute attraction. Not too bad. Any more than that and I wouldn't consider it myself personally.

Slots are already selling out for opening day.

EDIT: Also, they should post this on the Disney site, had to dig it up in the FAQs on The VOID's site:

We require all guests to be at least 48" tall. We also suggest that guests be at least 10 years old or older due to the weight of the gear and some intense content. If a guest is under 18 years old, they will have to have a parent or guardian sign the liability waiver.​

Last edited:
I'll wait to see reviews on this.

I remember last year when Uni did the VR house, people were excited for it simply because it was VR. Turned out the house was a turd. Poor reviews and they ended up giving 50% off deals to Frequent Fear holders.

I'm not buying into the hype just because it's Star Wars. I'll need to see quite a few reviews before I even consider this.

I'll wait to see reviews on this.

I remember last year when Uni did the VR house, people were excited for it simply because it was VR. Turned out the house was a turd. Poor reviews and they ended up giving 50% off deals to Frequent Fear holders.

I'm not buying into the hype just because it's Star Wars. I'll need to see quite a few reviews before I even consider this.
I'd buy the hype more because it's done by The VOID than because it's Star Wars. I've heard only good things about their projects so far. VR is one thing, but the way they mix actual spaces and real objects into it is the revolutionary part.

Definitely doesn't look very re-doable though, so wonder if they'll swap out missions every couple years or so.

Was reading that they had a massive logjam yesterday with everyone trying to make reservations for this.
Did anyone try to get on?

Is this like a laser tag type of thing, except with goggles? Not sure I'd pay 30 dollars for something like this, even with it being Star Wars.

Soft-opened Saturday. Went through twice. Extensive non-disclosure agreement prevents me from describing how incredibly awesome it is.

I think I can say, if The Void is a publicly traded company, seriously consider investing in their stock.
Can you say how long the experience is?