Star Wars Themed Land Speculation | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Themed Land Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. In fact, I don't remember my exact age, but I was 10 or younger when I first went to Uni on a birthday trip. Me, my sister (who is a year younger than me), my cousin (who is my age), his sister (teenager at the time), their parents, my parents, and my pregnant step-neice all went together. While my neice didn't go on much and was only their for the afternoon, we all had a very enjoyable time and I went on everything USF had to offer. I loved it all and was thrilled when, two years later, I went again for a week in the summer and got to go to IoA. I think people underestimate Universal's family sellability. Part of the reason the parks are so special to me is because of this first experience. I was still a kid at the time, entering 5th grade, and it was one of the coolest trips I ever went on...
So I don't think Universal should be overly worried about making a 'everyone can ride' attraction. Could they add another omnimover? Absolutely. Will it make a major overall difference? I don't really think so.

You were 10, that is not the crowd Uni has issues with. It is the family of four with a 4 and 2 year old that they have issues with. Those families don't go to Uni because the parks don't have enough to offer for them to spend money on days at Uni. They will wait until both kids are old enough to ride the majority of the rides to make it more worth their money.

I'm sorry but I'm taking family/thrill rides over little kids rides any day of the week. I mean I guess I can see with people who have kids. But I'm not going to complain because there isn't enough non thrill rides. I do think Universal Orlando needs a couple new dark rides like a Seuss type. Personally I'm holding out for TMNT and Scooby Doo dark ride. But other than that bring on the thrills.

oh the topics we'll see...

STAR WARS LAND, if we see it, should definitely be part of a larger remodel of the area around star tours and the indiana jones show. what kind of space do they have to work with back there?

A RSR withuot the "race" portion would be completely pointless. They have plenty of land back there if they remove the backstage tour. Why must disney orlando always do things half-assed? Take a lesson from Universal, the key to impressing people and driving attendance is to make an attraction that EXCEEDS expectations. Not underserves them. I'd rather they not build the ride at all then have them build an inferior clone.

^^^^ If you know, why do you keep saying you don't want kiddie rides, because I don't think one person on here has said they want kiddie rides. They want rides the entire family can ride and enjoy.

Reactions: Hockeyman55
^^^^ If you know, why do you keep saying you don't want kiddie rides, because I don't think one person on here has said they want kiddie rides. They want rides the entire family can ride and enjoy.

My point is I would like to see a couple more family oriented dark rides. But that's about it. I like the fact that Universal is a more known thrill park than Disney. Personally I feel like Universal has more than enough family rides.

My point is I would like to see a couple more family oriented dark rides. But that's about it. I like the fact that Universal is a more known thrill park than Disney. Personally I feel like Universal has more than enough family rides.

One day when you have little kids who are too short to ride things like Spidey you will see and understand what we are talking about.

One day when you have little kids who are too short to ride things like Spidey you will see and understand what we are talking about.

I already said on the page before that I get that and I don't have kids. But I don't think Universal should change to be more like Disney because of that reason. In the future I believe Universal will add a few more rides that kids and families can go on together. But all I was saying is I'm not going to complain if they want to keep adding more thrill rides. I mean Hogwarts Express/Gringotts/Kang/Kodos are going to be big time kids/family rides.

Yep, I think until you have kids that cannot ride a lot of stuff and stop going to Uni yourself for several years or have a spouse who no longer wants to drag the kids to something they can't do a lot in, you will see what we are talking about. That is my issue, I have no issue taking the kids since they can ride a couple rides and we can do rider swap, but my husband hates going. I think when our passes are up in October there is no way I get him to renew until Phase 2 is complete. I need something I REALLY want to go see before he will let me get passes. If IOA and Studios had probably 2 or 3 more rides each that the entire family could go on, he would have no issues with it and I could easily convince him. But when we go into IOA and my son can only ride 4 rides and one he complains about (1 fish two fish because he gets wet) he just doesn't like it. I usually plan to go to both parks so there is more options, but then he complains we walk too much. I really can't win and I imagine there are other families like mine out there. So Uni looses out and keep in mind, it is not when your first kid is tall and mature enough to get on rides like spider-man it is normally when the youngest kid is tall and mature enough. Because many families don't want to have one child who can't ride many things. So now it depends on how many kids a family has and how far a part they are. So some families could be skipping Uni for a substantial amount of years.

I already said on the page before that I get that and I don't have kids. But I don't think Universal should change to be more like Disney because of that reason. In the future I believe Universal will add a few more rides that kids and families can go on together. But all I was saying is I'm not going to complain if they want to keep adding more thrill rides. I mean Hogwarts Express/Gringotts/Kang/Kodos are going to be big time kids/family rides.

Are you excited about HE? Gringotts will have a height restriction, so I am not counting this as a family, everyone can ride thing, but HE I do. I am excited and not just because my kids will be able to go on it, but because it sounds amazing. So if everyone is excited about HE, what is the issue? Why can't Uni have more rides like HE? It doesn't take away from the thrills and adds a good quality ride. Why not use some of the extra land they are planning on using to add more great rides like HE?

Last edited:
Yep, I think until you have kids that cannot ride a lot of stuff and stop going to Uni yourself for several years or have a spouse who no longer wants to drag the kids to something they can't do a lot in, you will see what we are talking about. That is my issue, I have no issue taking the kids since they can ride a couple rides and we can do rider swap, but my husband hates going. I think when our passes are up in October there is no way I get him to renew until Phase 2 is complete. I need something I REALLY want to go see before he will let me get passes. If IOA and Studios had probably 2 or 3 more rides each that the entire family could go on, he would have no issues with it and I could easily convince him. But when we go into IOA and my son can only ride 4 rides and one he complains about (1 fish two fish because he gets wet) he just doesn't like it. I usually plan to go to both parks so there is more options, but then he complains we walk too much. I really can't win and I imagine there are other families like mine out there. So Uni looses out and keep in mind, it is not when your first kid is tall and mature enough to get on rides like spider-man it is normally when the youngest kid is tall and mature enough. Because many families don't want to have one child who can't ride many things. So now it depends on how many kids a family has and how far a part they are. So some families could be skipping Uni for a substantial amount of years.

Are you excited about HE? Gringotts will have a height restriction, so I am not counting this as a family, everyone can ride thing, but HE I do. I am excited and not just because my kids will be able to go on it, but because it sounds amazing. So if everyone is excited about HE, what is the issue? Why can't Uni have more rides like HE? It doesn't take away from the thrills and adds a good quality ride. Why not use some of the extra land they are planning on using to add more great rides like HE?

I do understand what your saying and yes, I am beyond excited for Hogwarts Express. I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan so I cant wait to step aboard something I've been imagining ever since I started reading the books. I am overall a thrill junkie but I do love dark rides and anything Potter. And like I said before I am hoping Universal does build a couple family oriented dark rides in the future. But most of the time I'm going to pick a ROTM/FJ over a slow moving ride. I think that's just the Cedar Point side coming out in me. Don't get me wrong though I love themed rides just as much as anybody.

Last edited:

I don't think Universal should change anything either but wouldn't hurt if on top of all the thrill rides they added some lesser thrill rides for the whole family. They have slowly added these types of rides and in doing so are becoming more of a well rounded park. There really isnt a reason they couldn't or shouldn't go after the little ones either.

Also let me state that Im a huge coaster fan and love the extreme rides they have and get super excited when I hear of a new ride in that category that is in the works or a rumor and that will never change :thumbs:

Last edited:
Yep, I am also a thrill junkie and grew up on Kennywood and Cedar point myself. I remember the last year of the laser loop going on it 20 times in one day. Spinning never bothers me either, used to go on one of those stick on the side of the wall rides 6 times in a row. I also get excited about new thrill rides and got my husband to agree to go to Uni when softs started for TF because he knows how much I love that kind of stuff. We always have to go to mummy when we go to a park. So I get your side of things too, but I also see how easy it would be for Uni to become well enough rounded that more families consider going there. I am also a little selfish because the more they add stuff like HE, the better chance I have of going more and riding my favorite thrill rides :)

I never understood what it was like to take a baby to a theme park until we adopted my baby brother. We took him a few weeks ago and he loved it but my parents were dealing with him all day with the heat/hunger/crying and they couldnt ride everything they wanted to. My dad normally rides a ton but even that day he didnt feel well but he wanted to spend his time watching my bro play in the water place (which admittedly I did as well :lol: ). It can be a burden and its especially nice to be able to get everyone off the street and into a ride that has air conditioning. Its not about Universal becoming Disney, its about Uni capitalizing on the things that make Disney great and in turn making those things Universal. (See what I did there? Classic Morgan Freeman :lol: )

This is still the Star Wars Land thread, right?

I certainly do fear the rumors that Disney will try to put Star Wars and Cars Lands into Hollywood Studios for a "small" budget of $600M. I assume most of the $1B put into DCA was attributable to Cars Land, but maybe there are quite a bit of savings from cloning the existing land. I personally couldn't care less about a Cars Land. With Test Track at Epcot, I don't see the need for another attraction using the same ride system. Although I know it's been huge for DCA, so they probably can't afford to not clone it somewhere.

In any case, I hope they are saving a lot on Cars Land and earmarking most of that budget to Star Wars Land. Again, maybe savings can be found there if they are already working on similar lands in other Disney parks.

But the land areas the rumors are talking about (replacing either Muppet Vision and HISTK play area on one side of Star Tours, or replacing Backlot Express and Indiana Jones on the other side) don't seem big enough to me if they hope to do any kind of justice to it. Either of those areas is considerably smaller than either the WWoHP Phase 1 or the Cars Land areas. If they asked me, I'd recommend they use both of those alternative areas and combine them into one large Star Wars Land. Then they would have room to really explore two or three areas of the Star Wars galaxy.

This is still the Star Wars Land thread, right?

I certainly do fear the rumors that Disney will try to put Star Wars and Cars Lands into Hollywood Studios for a "small" budget of $600M. I assume most of the $1B put into DCA was attributable to Cars Land, but maybe there are quite a bit of savings from cloning the existing land. I personally couldn't care less about a Cars Land. With Test Track at Epcot, I don't see the need for another attraction using the same ride system. Although I know it's been huge for DCA, so they probably can't afford to not clone it somewhere.

In any case, I hope they are saving a lot on Cars Land and earmarking most of that budget to Star Wars Land. Again, maybe savings can be found there if they are already working on similar lands in other Disney parks.

But the land areas the rumors are talking about (replacing either Muppet Vision and HISTK play area on one side of Star Tours, or replacing Backlot Express and Indiana Jones on the other side) don't seem big enough to me if they hope to do any kind of justice to it. Either of those areas is considerably smaller than either the WWoHP Phase 1 or the Cars Land areas. If they asked me, I'd recommend they use both of those alternative areas and combine them into one large Star Wars Land. Then they would have room to really explore two or three areas of the Star Wars galaxy.

I agree. A MINI Star Wars land would be a GIANT letdown. If anything Star Wars land needs to be larger than Cars Land in my opinion. Another thing I would love to see is an Indiana Jones ride similar to the one in Disneyland. I mean talk about fixing DHS with a Star Wars land with multiple rides, A cars land with a couple attractions and a Indiana Jones attraction that's not a show.

Status
Not open for further replies.