Star Wars: Visions | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Visions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Visions has always struck me as an interesting project. Star Wars has made quite a bit of good (and bad) animation so to see an anime from them has me intrigued. Here's where I think the show will have more of an impact though - Disney+ has no anime content currently asides from a Marvel series that was anime that got little attention.

Disney+ has over 103M subs (probably well more by now). This will be entry-level anime content for a large amount of young kids. It's no secret that if anime wants to have any sort of sustained mainstream success, it needs to grow itself and this is growth, as it will bring in a whole new subset of people who normally wouldn't watch an anime project for the show. If even 1% of those 103M became new anime fans, then that's 1.3M NEW people who are going to be looking for something else next.

I'm not an anime fan myself, but I also don't dislike it. I have no opinion either way really, but I do intend to give the show a chance.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Visions has always struck me as an interesting project. Star Wars has made quite a bit of good (and bad) animation so to see an anime from them has me intrigued. Here's where I think the show will have more of an impact though - Disney+ has no anime content currently asides from a Marvel series that was anime that got little attention.

Disney+ has over 103M subs (probably well more by now). This will be entry-level anime content for a large amount of young kids. It's no secret that if anime wants to have any sort of sustained mainstream success, it needs to grow itself and this is growth, as it will bring in a whole new subset of people who normally wouldn't watch an anime project for the show. If even 1% of those 103M became new anime fans, then that's 1.3M NEW people who are going to be looking for something else next.

I'm not an anime fan myself, but I also don't dislike it. I have no opinion either way really, but I do intend to give the show a chance.

The last time we've really seen something like Star Wars Visions, was admittedly enough back when DC and Warner Bros. tried their hand on the subject of an anthology film, orienting on Batman, with animation done by multiple Japanese companies. It wasn't as successful, because it was before Anime (specifically Japanese anime) got the kick in the pants that is of the 2010's. More specifically of the late 2010's.

I do think that with Star Wars Visions, there is a legitimately great chance that if this runs for multiple seasons, that it might be a great "Eye-opener" for the anime market to general coinsurers. The best thing it should have, hopefully, is with not making this a "Skywalker" oriented show, and allowing itself to expand the galaxy more beyond that of even Mandalorian's exploration for characters.

The Dubbed Trailer for Star Wars Visions has released; with a full cast list for Visions; including individuals like Neil Patrick Harris, Lucy Liu, Joseph Gordon-levitt, and a heck of a lot more!

So The Star Wars Anime out next month and Dug Days (a continuation of Up)

Do we know the run times of these? Like are they 20+ min shows or shorts?

So The Star Wars Anime out next month and Dug Days (a continuation of Up)

Do we know the run times of these? Like are they 20+ min shows or shorts?

The runtime isn't clear, but it's entirely possible that it could go up to 40 minutes depending on how long the runtimes might be (The Academy classifies at maximum, 40 minutes. Still a lot of time depending on the short film).

The runtime isn't clear, but it's entirely possible that it could go up to 40 minutes depending on how long the runtimes might be (The Academy classifies at maximum, 40 minutes. Still a lot of time depending on the short film).
They haven’t been describing them as short films though, just “shorts”.

So yeah, this will be fun but man with the studios they got behind this wish these were all full episodes.

Like why not? These are not even canon so why not let people go wild and hell if one is good enough give it its own show

My friend was pointing out how Disney seems to be doing what Netflix/Sony are and getting serious about anime..but if these are shorts its literally the bare minimum. As an Anime fan wish Disney understood how long we have waited for something like this

Apparently the individual episodes/anime shorts are only about 13-21 minutes throughout the 9 different stories, so don't be expecting even something as long as What If with this.

Some may view The Ninth Jedi as their favorite of the shorts; but I'm gonna be here and say, The Village Bride slaps. Enough to where I think it might be my favorite piece of modern Star Wars material; rivaling The Mandalorian.

I’ve only watched the first two, but absolutely loved Tatooine Rhapsody. So completely different yet somehow still distinctly Star Wars.

I’ve only watched the first two, but absolutely loved Tatooine Rhapsody. So completely different yet somehow still distinctly Star Wars.

Tatooine Rhapsody is fun! I love the artstyle they picked for it, as it helped jive with the flow of the narrative.

To give my list, without spoiling:

1 - The Village Bride
2 - Akakiri
3 - Lop & Ocho
4 - The Ninth Jedi
5 - The Elder
6 - Tatooine Rhapsody
7 - The Duel
8 - The Twins
9 - T0-B1

None of the shorts were bad either! Even with T0-B1, which was good with some cute animation; all had shining lights. Anything after number 6 leading to 1 is great.

Reactions: Nick
With Star Wars Celebration on the horizon, I wonder if alongside Visions S2, if they plan on announcing additional projects from those who worked on S1.

I'd love to see continuations of F, and a continuation of The Ninth Jedi.

With Star Wars Celebration on the horizon, I wonder if alongside Visions S2, if they plan on announcing additional projects from those who worked on S1.

I'd love to see continuations of F, and a continuation of The Ninth Jedi.
Yeah, some of the stuff from the first seasons I wasn't always feeling, but I definitely saw some pilots for shows I would definitely atch within that bunch.