Stark Flight Lab | Inside Universal Forums

Stark Flight Lab

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Soooo.... Sum of All Thrills?
GUrLSYNXQAA3dDp

Last edited:
Reactions: Nico
So uhh does Bob Iger just really love DCA? Because that's three e-tickets and a d-ticket announced tonight.
Is it a bad thing that they are getting them? Almost every park that needs new attractions got some great additions announced.

And he’s said it before: DCA needs to live up to the expectation of being directly across from the crown jewel of the chain. Besides Walt Disney Studios, it was the biggest stain on the Disney Parks resume. These additions will finally make it worthy of being a stone’s throw away from just about the best theme park in the world.

Are they gonna charge extra for this? Cause I don’t know how else they manage this at a busy theme park.
I was thinking about that too! But considering Mater is a two seater (I think?) I can’t see this being much worse, capacity wise, than that, right?

Edit: Though the demand will be significantly higher for this. So it will be interesting to see

Reactions: Nick and Jake S
Looking at the High Resolution concept art, it looks like the kuka's are on a conveyor system? Could theoretically help at least make capacity somewhat less terrible than it otherwise could be.

Reactions: Jake S
Looking at the High Resolution concept art, it looks like the kuka's are on a conveyor system? Could theoretically help at least make capacity somewhat less terrible than it otherwise could be.
The video they played during the panel shows the seat vehicles on some kind of conveyor, but the KUKAs are all stationary. It looks like there will be an intro with an Avenger, then you're connected to the arm for your flight test. Different Avengers will have different types of tests.

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
The Kuka robots are stationary. The ride vehicles are on a track system. The Kukas latch onto part of the ride vehicle and detach it from the track system.

I unironically think this is really cool and can't wait to see what kind of energy it adds to the currently ho hum Avengers Campus. It sounds like in keeping with other installations of this type there'll be multiple intensity levels, which is even better.

Capacity wise, I think it'll work out if they build enough arms. Decent waits, sure, but probably comparable to the Ferris Wheel.

I unironically think this is really cool and can't wait to see what kind of energy it adds to the currently ho hum Avengers Campus. It sounds like in keeping with other installations of this type there'll be multiple intensity levels, which is even better.
The presentation made it sound a bit more intricate. At least watching the presentation, to me it seemed like the system is:

1. A couple dozen guests enter individual ride pods of two.
2. This group of pods is then dispatched onto the "ride track", essentially just a outer loop encircling an inner loop of Kuka arms.
3. The pods spin around the track for a short period of time till they reach and attach with their corresponding Kuka Arm. While spinning, you receive a randomized mission briefing themed around a Marvel character, specifically how your test flight will attempt to emulate the movement and style of that character.
4. Accordingly, your Kuka arm recieves a motion profile corresponding to that character, after which you attach to the pod and the ride begins.
5. However, as mentioned in the presentation, there's a small chance you get attached with "Dummy", the malfunctioning arm from the Iron Man films, which presumably has more unexpected movements.

Last edited:
The presentation made it sound a bit more intricate. At least watching the presentation, to me it seemed like the system is:

1. A couple dozen guests enter individual ride pods of two.
2. This group of pods is then dispatched onto the "ride track", essentially just a outer loop encircling an inner loop of Kuka arms.
3. The pods spin around the track for a short period of time till they reach and attach with their corresponding Kuka Arm. While spinning, you receive a randomized mission briefing themed around a Marvel character, specifically how your test flight will attempt to emulate the movement and style of that films, which presumably has more unexpected movements.
I love this idea, but man that's not gonna bode well with people who have motion sickness.

Reactions: Jake S