Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Stitch's Great Escape Now Seasonal

Alien encounter is never coming back. Now they should do something with Wall-E here as it fits Tomorrowland more than Wreck It Ralph
Wreck-it Ralph is currently not happening anymore. It was to be a VR experience and deemed that it would be a poor use of the space from what Martin has said. The VR component would've made it a capacity nightmare.

Wreck-it Ralph is currently not happening anymore. It was to be a VR experience and deemed that it would be a poor use of the space from what Martin has said. The VR component would've made it a capacity nightmare.
Figured it wouldn’t actually happen. If it was to replace anything, it should have been a Speedway upgrade with sets.

It was VR? oh good, glad they are not doing that. Wreck it Ralph deserves something much better anyways.

I get the feeling it's not done yet.

Agreed, as I said before it's best to take a "TWD at HHN" approach. Until a different attraction officially opens in it's place (and not some Stitch M&G in the preshow), SGE is not permanently closed/gone.

I guess that was as much confirmation as we’re going to get today:

Still would be odd to see Disney close something without an announcement, right?

Edit: This I could see:

I maintain SGE was worth seeing at least once for that amazing Stitch AA. Shame we're going to lose that, especially on the heels of a year where we lost so many other AAs around the property.

Hopefully the space doesn't sit dormant for too many years.

I guess that was as much confirmation as we’re going to get today:

Still would be odd to see Disney close something without an announcement, right?

Edit: This I could see:

So we make fun of regular guests for believeing everything CMs say but then trust WDWNT when they do the same? If this all comes from “a CM said it” then I put very little stock into the rumor.

So we make fun of regular guests for believeing everything CMs say but then trust WDWNT when they do the same? If this all comes from “a CM said it” then I put very little stock into the rumor.
Actually a CM acknowledging "14 wonderful years" is a very smart way to give it a nice sendoff without actually saying it's permanently closed. If a guests chooses to interpret it as a confirmation of it closing that's on them.

Well he did say it over the microphone. But it could have easily been interpreted as that CM’s last day as well. So who knows.