Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Storybook Dining at Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge)

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Wow. So the rumors were true. From Signature Dining to Character Dining.

Attempting to find silver lining... maybe this will ease some of the demand for the Seven Dwarves at the Halloween parties? :lol:

If it's only Breakfast and Lunch and still Signature for dinner, I don't see an issue. I'm sure they were having a hard time filling tables during those earlier hours and this is a decent fit and it's characters that aren't anywhere else to meet (unless you go to MNSSHP).

As long as dinner remains as is, this doesn't affect me nor will it negatively affect most, I suspect.

Being one of the only Deluxe Resort without a character breakfast (aside from DAK Lodge), it makes this decision seem so strangely backwards. So now Wilderness Lodge, a deluxe resort, lacks a character breakfast AND a signature dining location.

Maybe this is just a test? If you wanted to test out a signature character dinner, Artist Point is probably the signature to try it on, so you potentially lose as little money as possible.

The interior looks absolutely gorgeous. I really like the trees with the lanterns.

Cocktail list sounds good too. The food sounds a little standard, but that just means it all comes down to execution.

It also hit me, they got rid of the quirks with the waiters that made Whispering Canyon Café what it was. But then they replace a signature dining with -this-, which is loud and garish as all get out. Seriously, what the heck.

It also hit me, they got rid of the quirks with the waiters that made Whispering Canyon Café what it was. But then they replace a signature dining with -this-, which is loud and garish as all get out. Seriously, what the heck.
Wait, they changed Whispering Canyon?

Wait, they changed Whispering Canyon?

Earlier this year the staff was informed to tone/quiet things down with their antics, so apparently now you have a red/green coaster indicating whether you want the antics or not. But from reports it's just not the same anymore and rather hit or miss on what happens. (Case in point, one reporter asked for ketchup and the waiter quietly gave them a bottle.)