Studio Tour | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Described in plans submitted recently for USH:

"As described in the attached Project Description, the applicant proposes to install film sets on the Falls Lake site as part of the Universal Studios Tram Tour. "

Thoughts?
Could they be adding more sets from films that the tour can drive through such as bates motel or the plane crash? They haven’t built the soundstages there yet or don’t plan on it anymore.

Hypothetically speaking, was this proposal including the upgrades made to the Studio Tour, that have been complete? What would happen to the current infatructure of stuff they just spent on?
Answering this here (moved from the rumored F&F coaster thread) buuuut.....

Who's to say the upgrades that have been made to the ST aren't specifically contemporary, rather long term,? ;) Worth nothing the ST will be fully electric by 2024 if not sooner too...

Answering this here (moved from the rumored F&F coaster thread) buuuut.....

Who's to say the upgrades that have been made to the ST aren't specifically contemporary, rather long term,? ;) Worth nothing the ST will be fully electric by 2024 if not sooner too...

So, a temporary position to test and see how the individual trams charge, then being prepared at around 2024/2025 for the re-location where all charging stations are ready to go?

Still feels like a bit of money to throw away for something this large scale and large sweeping of changes. Am I to assume the Tram Garages would be repositioned to be somewhere more on the Backlot, to act as a in-between if trams fail to charge at certain points? The old tram pit-stop comes to mind almost immediately.

The Voice moved out of Stage 12 a few years ago. The fact that it hasn't been repainted yet is one of the things making me think it will be demo'd soon

Had no idea! Does this mean that soundstage can come down for potential park expansion or is that space going to the campus?

Get your rides in on Earthquake. Supposed to close in June for a big 6-7 month refurb. Only specific thing I’ve heard is replacing the ride system. Not sure on what else is being done. Construction trailer is already on-site next to the exit of the attraction.
Well that's really disappointing. Getting to see (a version of) Earthquake again was one of the things I was most excited for when I visit in September.

Get your rides in on Earthquake. Supposed to close in June for a big 6-7 month refurb. Only specific thing I’ve heard is replacing the ride system. Not sure on what else is being done. Construction trailer is already on-site next to the exit of the attraction.
This is good news to me! I’m glad to hear Earthquake will be getting sone much-needed love soon!

Glad to hear Earthquake is getting attention. I've noticed it's had quite a bit of unscheduled downtime in the past year or so. I wish Little Europe would have one of the classic monsters roaming around to entertain guests in that area
They already do! Here’s there all the time! The Invisible Man walks around there all the time!

They already do! Here’s there all the time! The Invisible Man walks around there all the time!
We should have a meet and greet where the invisible man is just a floating hat with a drone in it. Imagine the picture possibilities.

Reactions: frank_1991_