Studio Tour | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In a recent Five Fires video, they got the "performance anxiety" Earthquake experience on video. That was an interesting thing to see.

All the sound effects audio happening, but no collapsing road/tanker truck or derailing subway train. However, the support columns still worked, so it looked like an invisible supernatural poltergeist wreaking havoc.

I've also noticed in a few different videos that the water isn't forceful enough to knock over the scaffolding to reveal the "Welcome to San Francisco" graffiti.

I'll try to hit it Wednesday when I go, I keep seeing people on facebook groups asking if everything is open yet

But Glad for the most part Universal isn't Disney....all the Mickey bloggers would be having a field day with this.

Why don’t they go ahead and just close the entire Studio Tour for day or two to sort everything out?
Um.. because it isn't that simple & the Studio Tour is their main headlining ride! Even when they can't access certain areas of the backlot they don't close the Studio Tour.

If Earthquake needs to be closed to fix whatever issues it has, why deprive guests of the other attractions & visuals offered? Just think of it as a new ride with technical glitches.

Um.. because it isn't that simple & the Studio Tour is their main headlining ride! Even when they can't access certain areas of the backlot they don't close the Studio Tour.

If Earthquake needs to be closed to fix whatever issues it has, why deprive guests of the other attractions & visuals offered? Just think of it as a new ride with technical glitches.
That’s very true however it seems like they need to get several things in order.

Because it’s the headlining attraction I would imagine they want everything working like it’s suppose to.

This has bothered me about the 60th for a while now. Anyone else annoyed & disappointed that they promoted the return of the "Runaway Train" for the 60th, but all they did was add "smoke" to the engine while it just sits on the non-breaking bridge next to Kong??

It has sat in that location for a few years now. So lame they hyped up the return without actually bringing back the actual attraction. *sigh*

Ironic that Earthquake seemed to work fine for 20+ years and then gets glitchy after they spend some money on it...
It was an extremely extensive refurbishment from a technical side, I believe they replaced the control systems among other things. It's not uncommon for a ride to be really unreliable upon reopening from a refurb like that. The same thing happened with Mummy in Orlando and Indiana Jones at Disneyland. It's like handling a new attraction and I'd expect it to even out over time

While I think most agree it's fine for somethings to go wrong...when this is the BIG event of 2024. I think it would have been better to push it back and month and have it end right before HHN instead.

I go alot, so to me its whatever but if your told come now to do the 60th and like half the things you were excited for on the tram are not happening....it just sucks.
Maybe they have plans for the summer...but could also try to make up for it by having Woody out now and other rare characters as a a kind of sorry to all those who traveled far but they can't see the new Dino stuff, or if the BTTF sets are closed for filming or earthquke

Reactions: OrlLover
Went yesterday night

1) Line was 40 mins as the attraction was suppose to be closed so was able to get on with my express pass (5:20 PM)
2) Skipped NY streets because of filming
3) No Train effects no sounds or anything
4) Skipped Jurassic area/cars
5) Earthquake was open but no Metro Train, but all other effects are working
6) Lines for the Photo ops were 5 mins or less

Went yesterday night

1) Line was 40 mins as the attraction was suppose to be closed so was able to get on with my express pass (5:20 PM)
2) Skipped NY streets because of filming
3) No Train effects no sounds or anything
4) Skipped Jurassic area/cars
5) Earthquake was open but no Metro Train, but all other effects are working
6) Lines for the Photo ops were 5 mins or less
That was pretty much my experience Tuesday morning except for a couple things.

1. The line was virtually non-existent because the park was only open for about an hour. The tour was a walk-on.
2. Earthquake had the Metro Train working when I did the tour.

Reactions: Jerroddragon