Studio Tour | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Since Jaw is down for while lets talk about the attraction. Did you like the the original beginning were the boat with fisherman get pulled down or the "new" beginning were the diver gets pulled down?

Agree I was a fan of the boat. Kinda made the experience scarier like if jaws could take down that boat maybe it could take down this tram and the tilt brought it all together. Does anyone remember when we lost the lilt was it when they also removed the diver?

^ you mean the fisherman, diver is still there.

But no, I believe theu removed the tilt during a refurb in...I wanna '09 or '10. I think it was a little bit before Kong opened, no? I do miss it.....it always scared me haha.

And I do miss the fisherman, but he did seem more fake with the way he sat so static in the boat.

Unless I'm not understanding the pic completely, the expansion plan pic shows the Fast and Furious segment and the planned tram attraction before it at the bottom right. That's not anywhere near the red sea, is it? Or am I just not comprehending the scale?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
This may be an utterly ridiculous question, but could someone somehow compile a list of all the segments/attractions on the tour? I feel like, despite the fact I've experienced it several times, I'm still missing out on things I've never known about. What I love about the tour is that it's never the same, which goes toward its re-ride value, but it has its downfalls as well!

Wikipedia has the full list I think but here's everything at the top of my head:

Movie timeline, studio soundstages, new york street, collapsing bridge (rare), King kong 360 3D, greens depot, picture cars, fast and furious, Jurassic parks props, flash flood, Mexican village, 6 points texas, parting of red sea/skull island, props depot, court of warriors, European village, denver street, earthquake, jaws, chicken ranch, wysteria lane, Whoville, bates motel and psycho house, war of the worlds set, Jurassic Park lab set, falls lake, great outdoors cabin, mummy tunnel/whoopi dies, have a tram-frikin-tastic day, get off the tram!

Reactions: Smartone666
Wikipedia has the full list I think but here's everything at the top of my head:

Movie timeline, studio soundstages, new york street, collapsing bridge (rare), King kong 360 3D, greens depot, picture cars, fast and furious, Jurassic parks props, flash flood, Mexican village, 6 points texas, parting of red sea/skull island, props depot, court of warriors, European village, denver street, earthquake, jaws, chicken ranch, wysteria lane, Whoville, bates motel and psycho house, war of the worlds set, Jurassic Park lab set, falls lake, great outdoors cabin, mummy tunnel/whoopi dies, have a tram-frikin-tastic day, get off the tram!
Correct, as far as I can see, with a slight addition or two: Courthouse Square (I count it separate from NY Street), Court of Miracles (which I also count separate from the European Village), Wisteria Lane is now Colonial Street again I believe, and now Jimmy Fallon dies in the tunnel instead. Other than that I'm pretty sure you got every single thing on the tour, and pretty fast at that! 

It makes a lot more sense that Jimmy dies now. I never understood why Whoopi was on the tour.. Many of the tour guides don't really explain that segment, either. Thanks for that list, by the way! 

Correct, as far as I can see, with a slight addition or two: Courthouse Square (I count it separate from NY Street), Court of Miracles (which I also count separate from the European Village), Wisteria Lane is now Colonial Street again I believe, and now Jimmy Fallon dies in the tunnel instead. Other than that I'm pretty sure you got every single thing on the tour, and pretty fast at that!
Ahh yeah, I should've separated the famous streets from their main locations. And I think some guides still reference it as Wysteria Lane since that's what it still looks like. I prefer when they mention the houses as they were in the old TV shows.And I liked Whoopi dying, nice little throwback in my opinion. I preferred her as the tour guide, I've always liked her. I miss her over Jimmy....

Whoopi was a tour guide?? Jeez, I need to do some more research. I think Steven Spielberg should've taken Jimmy's place. He is, after all, quite the legend! Anyone along the ranks of Spielberg or Peter Jackson would've been way better in my opinion.

I always said Spielberg would be an amazing tour guide. Ok, he's not the most entertaining but to me the studio tour just screams his name. I think it should be different famous people at different points of the tour, with Spielberg being the main guy.

That'd be waaaay better! Several different actors/directors could talk to you about certain points in the tour, along with your tour guide. Spielberg could make more than one appearance, as well (of course).