Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sunset Seasons Greetings - Holiday Projection Show

I'll be there on November 18th and am very interested in catching both this and the Jingle Bam show. I have never been to WDW for the Christmas season, so I am really psyched to visit. Also going to the MVMCP on the 17th. :ears:

And side note: I wonder why they don’t map on Spaceship Earth. Yeah there’s lasers and here have been projections for 4th of July and the odd event... but it’s a round object that can be seen from most anywhere in the park. How is TOT getting mapped a bigger priority than SSE?
I've always wondered this myself. Spaceship Earth is probably the most appropriate canvas for projection mapping and vividly changing colorful lighting schemes and such in all of Walt Disney World, so of course it's just stubbornly perpetually stuck in its boring purple lighting.

I've always wondered this myself. Spaceship Earth is probably the most appropriate canvas for projection mapping and vividly changing colorful lighting schemes and such in all of Walt Disney World, so of course it's just stubbornly perpetually stuck in its boring purple lighting.

It’s technically purple, pink, and amber (orange.)

I dunno, that lighting is beautiful and perfect IMO

I can't take this seriously with the centerpiece of the projection being Tower of Terror. Hell, i'm still coming off an HHN hangover and I have to deal with Christmas crap the next day? C'mon.

Also, why do they keep using Prep & Landing so much? They aren't THAT well-known. I'll admit I didn't watch much of the video as I like to save my experiences for in-person, but I did make it far enough to see the lights on the trees and it's so obvious they are trying for a Osborne rip-off here and it just isn't gonna happen.

What are the showtimes like for this in correlation with Jingle Bell Jingle Bam? Even though this is an awful idea, the execution is good.

And I do appreciate them trying to make DHS a holiday destination again minus the Osborne lights. They even added songs from Olaf's Frozen Adventure to the sing-along show I hear.

Took a trip to DHS tonight to see a variety of new things. I rarely go to the park, so I still hadn't seen a lot of the small scale new additions that have slowly debuted over the past year. My main reason for being here though was to see Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam and Sunset Seasons Greetings as I had yet to see either.

I really enjoyed JBJB. The Prep & Landing characters are pretty obscure at this point, but I still feel like the show works. If you don't want to pay the stupid prices for the MK Christmas parties, this is a good alternative for holiday fireworks (although Epcot does Christmas better).

Sunset Seasons Greetings... ummm what the hell? I don't mind projection shows at all, I actually like them more than most I feel, but this is not only extremely out of place, it's just plain bad. Hopefully we can leave Toy Story holiday stuff in TSL next year.

Took a trip to DHS tonight to see a variety of new things. I rarely go to the park, so I still hadn't seen a lot of the small scale new additions that have slowly debuted over the past year. My main reason for being here though was to see Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam and Sunset Seasons Greetings as I had yet to see either.

I really enjoyed JBJB. The Prep & Landing characters are pretty obscure at this point, but I still feel like the show works. If you don't want to pay the stupid prices for the MK Christmas parties, this is a good alternative for holiday fireworks (although Epcot does Christmas better).

Sunset Seasons Greetings... ummm what the hell? I don't mind projection shows at all, I actually like them more than most I feel, but this is not only extremely out of place, it's just plain bad. Hopefully we can leave Toy Story holiday stuff in TSL next year.
Yeah the projection show next year will be on that giant picket fence in TSL

Sunset Seasons Greetings will return.

From WDWNT,

Jeez- and that guy always tries to defend himself as not putting up clickbait?

They are adding Christmas songs to Alien Swirling Saucers. I guess I wouldn't consider that a "Christmas overlay of Toy Story Land"