Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 138 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
DPing to this (And if it needs to be moved, I understand), Donkey Kong should be able to fit into 16-20, as it's over 1.9 acres; which will be the size of Osaka. However, here's where I am going to spitball a theory:

what if there's no playground area for Donkey Kong Country/USH. Dino Play is right next door, and it just got upgraded. Additionally: upstairs, Super Silly Fun Land has a dedicated water play and dry play area. I could honestly see this as a scenario to where Universal Creative Hollywood decided to ditch that of the playground, and to add an extra ride, embedded within the theming of Donkey Kong's Minecart attraction.
It's technically enough land, but the ride is very long and very wide. It's wider than the Mario Kart show building. If it's only using that land, it won't be an exact clone.

DPing to this (And if it needs to be moved, I understand), Donkey Kong should be able to fit into 16-20, as it's over 1.9 acres; which will be the size of Osaka. However, here's where I am going to spitball a theory:

what if there's no playground area for Donkey Kong Country/USH. Dino Play is right next door, and it just got upgraded. Additionally: upstairs, Super Silly Fun Land has a dedicated water play and dry play area. I could honestly see this as a scenario to where Universal Creative Hollywood decided to ditch that of the playground, and to add an extra ride, embedded within the theming of Donkey Kong's Minecart attraction.

We already have a water ride at the Lower Lot so it wouldn't make sense to add an area in the same lot that would let you get wet. I think having a second SNW non-water attraction would be definitely on UC's priority right now.

We already have a water ride at the Lower Lot so it wouldn't make sense to add an area in the same lot that would let you get wet. I think having a second SNW non-water attraction would be definitely on UC's priority right now.

I think the difference we'd be looking at, is the type of attraction. There's no real semblance of thrill with the Mack Splash Battles, and are more so for the sake of interactivity and energy. We also don't know the exact size or layout of it, so for all we know it could be the same layout boat ride as Epic Universes. I get the feeling that if this version of a Donkey Kong Country is mostly by Hollywood's team, then to expect the unexpected in space usage. They proved that theory well with Off The Leash afterall: they could do it again.

You would also know then that it's a thrill ride and for kids, really scary as well. A Splash Battle makes sense in this regard.

Would it be weird to see it that close? Oh yeah. But Splash Battles are low height requirement attractions that can accommodate most families.

In a similar way to how Yoshi has a ride system that requires low height requirements, Hollywood's SNW getting one alongside the Minecart coaster should be a great hit for families coming back after the opening bout of Nintendo World.

It'd also do something fun: bring a unique attraction to the park, in the sense of theming.

We have three screen attractions upstairs....I doubt USH management cares.

If they can get a second attraction that is different from JW then they may go for it and its why we did not get Yoshi. They see Yoshi as the closer ride to SLOP and this water attraction I doubt in anyway is really like Jurassic, even in terms of theming its very different

There's literally three water rides right next to each other at IOA lol. And the DK coaster would be that second non-water attraction anyways.

Reactions: Tristan and chris.g
That is at the other end of the property. A parking lot and a set for superstore. I doubt this would be turned over to park ops.
suvgpw6.png
What could this be a expansion for super Nintendo world

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I hope DK has some sort of Virtual Q

I don't get the need to waste space on a Q's. SLOP is a good length of a Q and just have an area for some extra people but mainly should be not wasting Space at USH with Qs. Sure its partly a Nintendo thing but if I was a creative I would have fought for the budget and space go from MK Q to the Yoshi ride or more interactive games. Most people are not going to leave the lower lot if they get a ticket for MK....so what will they do spend more buying the wrist bands and eating

I’d counterpoint that Mk’s queue isn’t a “waste of space.” Queues are important for crowd control. This thing is gonna be a people eater, and having a nice, long queue in place is going to retain the influx of parkgoers. Imagine if, at some point, the standby line is a two-hour wait. That’s a lot of people, and by having them actually in line rather than waiting around SNW for “their time,” or spiking wait times for other rides in the vicinity, it means the pathways aren’t super packed, which is especially vital in a park that isn’t that big. You said it yourself, people aren’t going to leave the lower lot if they’re waiting; imagine how absolutely cramped Wizarding World would be in the height of summer, where crowds get dense even with a queue, if Forbidden Journey didn’t have a queue. The queue is necessary.

SLOP gets away with it (for now) because it’s a family dark ride that isn’t a headliner in the same way MK is; waaaay more people are gonna be coming for SNW, just like Wizarding World before it, and the queue is another place to hold those people and mitigate overall park congestion so you don’t have as many people packed like sardines in the proverbial can.

I’d counterpoint that Mk’s queue isn’t a “waste of space.” Queues are important for crowd control. This thing is gonna be a people eater, and having a nice, long queue in place is going to retain the influx of parkgoers. Imagine if, at some point, the standby line is a two-hour wait. That’s a lot of people, and by having them actually in line rather than waiting around SNW for “their time,” or spiking wait times for other rides in the vicinity, it means the pathways aren’t super packed, which is especially vital in a park that isn’t that big. You said it yourself, people aren’t going to leave the lower lot if they’re waiting; imagine how absolutely cramped Wizarding World would be in the height of summer, where crowds get dense even with a queue, if Forbidden Journey didn’t have a queue. The queue is necessary.

SLOP gets away with it (for now) because it’s a family dark ride that isn’t a headliner in the same way MK is; waaaay more people are gonna be coming for SNW, just like Wizarding World before it, and the queue is another place to hold those people and mitigate overall park congestion so you don’t have as many people packed like sardines in the proverbial can.
Counter Argument they sell tickets to let you skip Qs.....so its only import for normal Folks not people willing to pay more.

Maybe you can argue this but any park letting you skip the line for money doesn't really care about guest flow

There's no doubt that the VQ will be a reality at SNW in Hollywood. The pandemic is closing towards its end here in America, and people want to get out and visit their theme parks again. By next year, almost every people across this nation and around the world is going to flock to go to SNW Hollywood once the pandemic subsides. God, I can't imagine how crazy SNW Hollywood is going to be.

Counter Argument they sell tickets to let you skip Qs.....so its only import for normal Folks not people willing to pay more.

Maybe you can argue this but any park letting you skip the line for money doesn't really care about guest flow

The number of people who spend money on things like Express passes is negligible compared to the number of people who don't. Even with them being sold, Forbidden Journey's standby queue - to keep using that example - still gets packed. Jurassic World's still gets packed. The Studio Tour still gets packed. If we take Express passes out of the equation, hypothetically get rid of FJ's queue or MK's queue, and let thousands of people on any given day who've come primarily for one of the headliner people eater rides like FJ or MK loose with no place to hold them anymore, I think the congestion problem still remains the same. If standby queues weren't a thing for major rides, then the whole park would just be people shoulder to shoulder milling about waiting for their times to come up for any given ride or clogging up stores and so forth.

There's no doubt that the VQ will be a reality at SNW in Hollywood. The pandemic is closing towards its end here in America, and people want to get out and visit their theme parks again. By next year, almost every people across this nation and around the world is going to flock to go to SNW Hollywood once the pandemic subsides. God, I can't imagine how crazy SNW Hollywood is going to be.

...which is exactly why MK's long standby line is important? It's going to be a madhouse as it is already; now imagine no standby line having been built at all (which was the original statement made, not whether MK will or won't have a VQ) with hundreds, even thousands, of people all crammed in with nowhere to wait. I seriously doubt the creative team was just like, "Hey, let's build a long queue for no reason." They know what they're doing and why when it comes to something like this.

Either way, if you guys completely disagree with me, it's totally fine. I'm not gonna go back and forth on this point anymore when I feel like I've said all I can say towards it. No point getting into it over... queue lines, of all things, haha.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
The number of people who spend money on things like Express passes is negligible compared to the number of people who don't. Even with them being sold, Forbidden Journey's standby queue - to keep using that example - still gets packed. Jurassic World's still gets packed. The Studio Tour still gets packed. If we take Express passes out of the equation, hypothetically get rid of FJ's queue or MK's queue, and let thousands of people on any given day who've come primarily for one of the headliner people eater rides like FJ or MK loose with no place to hold them anymore, I think the congestion problem still remains the same. If standby queues weren't a thing for major rides, then the whole park would just be people shoulder to shoulder milling about waiting for their times to come up for any given ride or clogging up stores and so forth.

...which is exactly why MK's long standby line is important? It's going to be a madhouse as it is already; now imagine no standby line having been built at all (which was the original statement made, not whether MK will or won't have a VQ) with hundreds, even thousands, of people all crammed in with nowhere to wait. I seriously doubt the creative team was just like, "Hey, let's build a long queue for no reason." They know what they're doing and why when it comes to something like this.

Either way, if you guys completely disagree with me, it's totally fine. I'm not gonna go back and forth on this point anymore when I feel like I've said all I can say towards it. No point getting into it over... queue lines, of all things, haha.
Also another point which Ive said before is the lack of things to do at USH. With Nintendoland and even DK think its under 15 things to do still.

Also I'm not saying don't have Q's but make them shorter and mainly have people getting them online and only allow one ride at a time. SLOP still has a line area but it doesn't waste much space which im down for with how limited we are all over here.
I'm just hoping they have way to save space, maybe make it like matterhorn where both lines are open when the parks does but by 11ish make one line for standby the other for V Q.