Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was thinking they finally just decided to start making money off the merch that’s been sitting backstage since before covid closures without having to remodel a store as originally planned last summer, and it has nothing to do with the land’s timing?
Yeah that makes way more sense

Okay so the Nintendo merch has me scratching my head a bit. I was there the morning everything was announced and actually walked into the store to buy merch at around 11am. When Osaka's land opened, everything had "Universal Studios Japan" stamped all over everything.. So seeing how everything here just says "Universal Studios" led me to believe that they didn't just ship out a bunch of merch from Japan to sell here... And the Bowser shirt confirms that bc Japans version of the shirt is a different color and has "KOOPA" written on the back... BUT, the shirts are all in Japanese sizes?? They only go up to 2X and run extremely small! I am a size L, I usually wear an XL for comfort and bought a 2X Peach shirt that is tight on me. I visited Japan right before the pandemic and had this exact problem with clothing there... So I'm just a bit confused on how and where this merch was produced.

ALSO, I saw a Youtube video that was taken later that weekend and noticed new merch on the shelves that wasn't there on the Friday morning that I went (Specifically a Bob-omb plush keychains).

Lot's of questions, very little answers... also, no passholder discounts on Nintendo merch which I thought was a low blow.

Reactions: BriefCasey
BUT, the shirts are all in Japanese sizes?? They only go up to 2X and run extremely small! I am a size L, I usually wear an XL for comfort and bought a 2X Peach shirt that is tight on me. I visited Japan right before the pandemic and had this exact problem with clothing there... So I'm just a bit confused on how and where this merch was produced.

Lot's of questions, very little answers... also, no passholder discounts on Nintendo merch which I thought was a low blow.
So are the shirts actually Japanese size? My size is an L and this might make me consider an XL if that's the one thing not properly translated.

Also yeah, that does suck that the passholder discount doesn't work on them.

Okay so the Nintendo merch has me scratching my head a bit. I was there the morning everything was announced and actually walked into the store to buy merch at around 11am. When Osaka's land opened, everything had "Universal Studios Japan" stamped all over everything.. So seeing how everything here just says "Universal Studios" led me to believe that they didn't just ship out a bunch of merch from Japan to sell here... And the Bowser shirt confirms that bc Japans version of the shirt is a different color and has "KOOPA" written on the back... BUT, the shirts are all in Japanese sizes?? They only go up to 2X and run extremely small! I am a size L, I usually wear an XL for comfort and bought a 2X Peach shirt that is tight on me. I visited Japan right before the pandemic and had this exact problem with clothing there... So I'm just a bit confused on how and where this merch was produced.

ALSO, I saw a Youtube video that was taken later that weekend and noticed new merch on the shelves that wasn't there on the Friday morning that I went (Specifically a Bob-omb plush keychains).

Money

That is all, its about making quick cash and something to draw Aps in

So are the shirts actually Japanese size? My size is an L and this might make me consider an XL if that's the one thing not properly translated.

Also yeah, that does suck that the passholder discount doesn't work on them.

I'm a size large, I can squeeze into a medium but prefer an XL.

The 2XL fit me as a medium would. That's what made me think that everything was just shipped from Japan to sell here.. But upon more research (the tags/Bowser shirt) I understood this not to be the case.. so what gives?

Also many of the content creators that were uploading videos mentioned that their size is a 3X and that they couldn't find shirts.. Little did they know that the 2X wasn't even true to size.. It's all very odd.

The 2XL fit me as a medium would. That's what made me think that everything was just shipped from Japan to sell here.. But upon more research (the tags/Bowser shirt) I understood this not to be the case.. so what gives?

Also many of the content creators that were uploading videos mentioned that their size is a 3X and that they couldn't find shirts.. Little did they know that the 2X wasn't even true to size.. It's all very odd.
The only one that was 3XL, was the Player one or Player two t Shirt

The rest were all 2XL and below.

Money

That is all, its about making quick cash and something to draw Aps in

That was very stupid on their part in my opinion.. I had 6-7 items in my arms and put half of my pile back once I found out the discount wouldn't be applied. Not only was I thinking that this would all eventually be available with a discount once the hype died down, but there's something about big corps scamming consumers unnecessarily that just makes the shopping experience leave a bitter taste in my mouth.. I'm suddenly not in love w half of the things I grabbed moments ago. Idk how to explain it but there was absolutely no reason to do that other than to be greedy/money hungry and it's just so unattractive to me.

I may sound crazy but experiences like these result in me never giving those individual establishments my money again. I haven't eaten at the park in a very long time, all because they refused to give me a ranch after spending $20 on a basic basket of chicken fingers. They straight up told me I'd have to wait in the switchbacks again and pay for a ranch in order to have one with my meal.... after paying $20 for chicken strips and a soda...

The only one that was 3XL, was the Player one or Player two t Shirt

The rest were all 2XL and below.
The hangers say 3X but not the shirt.

There were multiple 2X Peach shirts hanging on 3X hangers and when I asked they said that everything just goes up to 2X but that they didn't have enough 2X hangers so they're hanging on 3X ones.

That was very stupid on their part in my opinion.. I had 6-7 items in my arms and put half of my pile back once I found out the discount wouldn't be applied. Not only was I thinking that this would all eventually be available with a discount once the hype died down, but there's something about big corps scamming consumers unnecessarily that just makes the shopping experience leave a bitter taste in my mouth.. I'm suddenly not in love w half of the things I grabbed moments ago. Idk how to explain it but there was absolutely no reason to do that other than to be greedy/money hungry and it's just so unattractive to me.

I may sound crazy but experiences like these result in me never giving those individual establishments my money again. I haven't eaten at the park in a very long time, all because they refused to give me a ranch after spending $20 on a basic basket of chicken fingers. They straight up told me I'd have to wait in the switchbacks again and pay for a ranch in order to have one with my meal.... after paying $20 for chicken strips and a soda...
There's something to complain to Guest Services about. I'll see how that goes tomorrow.

So simply put, buy an XL, assuming that's the Japanese version of our Large shirts? I might just have to see when I get there but it's good to have some foresight.

I wonder if no Passholder discount is part of an effort to prevent scalpers from scooping everything up right off the bat. Purely speculation on my end, but it makes sense to me.

Reactions: Nico and chris.g

The hangers say 3X but not the shirt.

There were multiple 2X Peach shirts hanging on 3X hangers and when I asked they said that everything just goes up to 2X but that they didn't have enough 2X hangers so they're hanging on 3X ones.
Video's I saw they were looking for 3XL and only found one. From you asking the CM's seems like they only had mainly 2XL as well

Also not that stupid, you wont be buying this stuff but people will. It will be gone by or after the first week of HHN.

Reactions: Brandonshah97
Thanks. Sounds like I should shoot for 2XL then.
Update: XL fit me more comfortably. 2X was more baggy than I'm comfortable with, so I think it's all a matter of YMMV. I do agree that you should try at least one size larger than your usual one with these shirts.

I also snagged a Mario bag and a Mario hat. I'm pretty content with my haul.

Video's I saw they were looking for 3XL and only found one. From you asking the CM's seems like they only had mainly 2XL as well

Also not that stupid, you wont be buying this stuff but people will. It will be gone by or after the first week of HHN.
I could be wrong, but as I was making my purchase, I overheard a TM saying the shirts could run out by Friday.

Watching today’s Ordinary Adventures vid and they pointed out something about the merch I hadn’t noticed. The Mario Kart specific merch is using the subtitle Grand Prix. Curious if that’ll be the ride’s name here in the states.

Last edited:
Watching today’s Ordinary Adventures vid and they pointed out something about the merch I hadn’t noticed. The Mario Kart specific merch is using the subtitle Grand Prix. Curious if that’ll be the ride’s name here in the states.
Somehow I doubt that would be the name of the ride Stateside. I think they might go for some kind of consistency in regards to ride names.