Super Nintendo World (Osaka) - Donkey Kong Expansion Thread | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka) - Donkey Kong Expansion Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I understand this is supposed to be a family coaster, but this sounds pretty underwhelming. It sounds like it would be on Hippogriff level of "thrills".

There are still going to be two -- potentially three -- other coasters of greater intensity among the park lineup (EU) for those requiring greater thrills.

In terms of scale and ambition, this should be on a much higher level than Flight of the Hippogriff.

Last edited:
There are still going to be two -- potentially three -- other coasters of greater intensity among the park lineup for those requiring greater thrills.

In terms of scale and ambition, this should be on a much higher level than Flight of the Hippogriff.

(This is the Osaka thread ;) )

Reactions: Alicia
(This is the Osaka thread ;) )
I'd say the complaint is just as easily addresed at USJ with The Flying Dinosaur, probably one of the most intense coasters ever designed.
Bunch of caves
Hell yeah I love theme park caves. We have Mummy caves, Gringotts caves, Hagrid's caves, Kong caves, Jurassic caves, Poseidon's caves, Volcano Bay caves...we have all these things.
E823809C-968F-470A-AE44-F73D960BEAE1.png

Last edited:
I understand this is supposed to be a family coaster, but this sounds pretty underwhelming. It sounds like it would be on Hippogriff level of "thrills".
Hippogriff, although short, actually pulls some surprising laterals at the end lol

I think the jump sequenced on this will feel like a classic Wild Mouse...but heavily themed and more sophisitcated

It will certainly pull more tricks than Hippo, and should be wildly entertaining

With the relatively fast pace of construction over at EU I wonder how far along our DK is versus Japan’s ?

The DK concept art shared was not made public by Universal and was only shared internally; therefore it cannot be posted here.
Is that the case for that Epic Universe logo too btw? I couldn’t find either on the official press channels.

Since the mouth appears to be open on the temple face, that bodes well for the water feature being included. The leaked model had it, but the most recent concept art had the mouth shut, and the water feature omitted.

Reactions: Nico