Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

Yah it's really weird that people are panicking and calling it an all-screen ride when we have multiple patents that suggest they're using physical elements to simulate speed.

Yah it's really weird that people are panicking and calling it an all-screen ride when we have multiple patents that suggest they're using physical elements to simulate speed.
Sometimes people want their worst fears confirmed early so they don't have to deal with dissapointment later.

EDIT: Not referring to anyone in apecific, just describing a potential tendency.

While they were certainly in the pitch plans, not sure those patents made it into the final version. Background projections and projection mapping may have taken their place to simulate speed.

While they were certainly in the pitch plans, not sure those patents made it into the final version. Background projections and projection mapping may have taken their place to simulate speed.
If this is true then that sounds just fine adding in the interactive element

If Runaway Railway can use it throughout the ride and turn out fine, then so can MK

If it’s fun, what’s the problem?

Fast and Furious isn’t fun, and that’s a problem.

Some of us want attractions with practical sets and effects like they used to build (Hagrid’s fits that bill to be fair).

Still, pretty much everything that’s been publicly shown about the land so far has been amazeballs. So I guess I can have some faith in the ride. :)

Last edited:
My general vibe is people are anxious for info and coverage that isn’t coming so they’re being sour grapes.
There’s frankly a fair amount out there analyzing some things or videos of the land (at least at some points), and the direct to keep us busy until the 4th when hopefully some more videos come, but I’ve seen that Nintendo Direct like 10 times and am not ashamed, nice way to look around the land to be honest as a tease for something that hasn’t officially opened yet.

F9C3DC8E-5DBC-42DF-84A9-41EC74E254BE.jpeg
Here is the ride description on the website. Sudden acceleration got me excited and then I read MIB states sudden acceleration as well.

If the AR is Crystal clear it's an automatic win for me, I Already know it's gonna be Amazing regardless of practical vs screens, I think the AR is what people are not grasping because there isn't anything out that will have touched this scope.