Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 155 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After watching the POV for the 100th time, I noticed there are some lights overhead that illuminate the track, essentially washing out the projection mapped track a bit

I wonder if this effect will be used throughout, it's kind of an interesting approach.

Also, I wonder if during the Bowser blast portion...Are we supposed to be "stopped"?

It seems that is the case and then Bowser knocks us up to Rainbow Road
Very well could be, then we turn to the rignt and AR does the rest before we head to the finish line, move the vehicles add some wind effects and it’ll probably be enough to make you feel as if you’re living, kinda looks like we’re taking a right before we blast off so, that could work.

Reactions: shiekra38
Very well could be, then we turn to the rignt and AR does the rest before we head to the finish line, move the vehicles add some wind effects and it’ll probably be enough to make you feel as if you’re living, kinda looks like we’re taking a right before we blast off so, that could work.
A moment to breathe I'm guessing..or a pause from motion at the very least

Another example of how a theme park ride based on certain media needs to adjust to real life

I’m thinking since the ride vehicles can rotate they may be able to face any way they want like an omnimover. You may be rotating to face bowser while moving along the track. Since left and right tracks go around bowser on different sides.
That is what I was thinking. Sort of like the scene in MiB where you are facing the other ride vehicle moving sideways.

Reactions: Alicia
I’m thinking since the ride vehicles can rotate they may be able to face any way they want like an omnimover. You may be rotating to face bowser while moving along the track. Since left and right tracks go around bowser on different sides.
So to make sure I am understanding you right, you think we might be facing the other race car, but utilizing AR or a screen it looks like Bowser is in between us and the other car?

If the ride was real fast, it would probably also be real short. So better that the feeling of speed is created and enhanced by visual sights and perhaps air flow.

So to make sure I am understanding you right, you think we might be facing the other race car, but utilizing AR or a screen it looks like Bowser is in between us and the other car?
No, we're facing Bowser in between the two tracks but still ahead of us. As our car starts turning away to go around him, we keep facing him by rotating slowly to compensate for the turn. Not facing all the way to the right or left, more like a 45 degree angle towards bowser while he is still up ahead, if that makes sense.

EDIT: Scene 10

Mario-Kart-Layout06.jpg

This is just a theory, but something like this:

bowser1.jpg

Last edited:
No, we're facing Bowser in between the two tracks but still ahead of us. As our car starts turning away to go around him, we keep facing him by rotating slowly to compensate for the turn. Not facing all the way to the right or left, more like a 45 degree angle towards bowser while he is still up ahead, if that makes sense.

Mario-Kart-Layout06.jpg

View attachment 13921
Based on the POV, I think you need to reverse the ride direction on your layout. The RV turns left at the finish, around the score windows, then left again the only way that works with your posted layout is if it’s the inside track, but reversed.

EDIT - Never mind. The RV’s rotation is throwing me.

Based on the POV, I think you need to reverse the ride direction on your layout. The RV turns left at the finish, around the score windows, then left again the only way that works with your posted layout is if it’s the inside track, but reversed.

EDIT - Never mind. The RV’s rotation is throwing me.
Yea what we might think is a turn might just be a rotation to straighten back out.

Mario-Kart-Layout06.jpg

View attachment 13921
So is Bowser AR or projected? This ride if making me question what's a screen, AR, or mapped ride path lol

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Bowser looked AR to me, and the volcano looked physical. But the AR messes with the camera lighting so much it’s hard to tell
I guess he's supposed to be gigantic so we're approaching him but his massive size obviously means he's moving slowly

IDK, still seems like it's a slow down moment of the ride then accelerates onward to Rainbow Road finale

Who knows

I reeeeally want to see a full POV now

Alright, because the thread about this on Magic interests me but I have no desire to actually make an account there: I kind of agree with those who wanted practical sets/effects and AAs...once again I think people would be more forgiving towards predominantly digital effects if Uni hadn't been on a screenz binge the last decade.

That being said, all the negative comments about Yoshi, in particular the queue, have me scratching my head. Just goes to show Alicia's point about classic dark rides, I suppose.

Reactions: belloq87
Alright, because the thread about this on Magic interests me but I have no desire to actually make an account there: I kind of agree with those who wanted practical sets/effecst and AAs...once again I think people would be more forgiving towards predominantly digital effects if Uni hadn't been on a screenz binge the last decade.
We’ve. Seen. One. Scene.

Also there’s not a group of people I care less about their opinion on this than WDWMagic posters