Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 196 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just can't see it bringing the crowds it might have either in USJ or USH. Not because of popularity/success, but lots of people are going to stay away from large crowds for some time IMO.

I do think it might give USH more of a bump than potter did due to it being the first SNW in the US, just not as big as it could have been.
I think the land is performing well in USJ, despite the circumstances

Besides, I'm seeing a ton of SNW bags of merch leaving the land...and that is really where it matters

It can't be worse than Star Wars Land's opening where attendance was flat all around lol

I bet Sally Corp. is frantically working up an AR Ghostbusters MK knock off as we speak.
I bet Universal is frantically working on a way to toss AR Pokeballs at Pokemon to catch them

Last edited:
I bet Sally Corp. is frantically working up an AR Ghostbusters MK knock off as we speak.
I had an idea years ago for a Ghostbusters AR shooter similar to Men in Black, to replace Waterworld. The funny thing is I gave up on the design at the time thinking how the hell could a physical gun shoot an AR ghost, because at the time it didn’t seem like it would be successful. Then I saw MK. Time to get back to work?

I think the land is performing well in USJ, despite the circumstances

Besides, I'm seeing a ton of SNW bags of merch leaving the land...and that is really where it matters

It can't be worse than Star Wars Land's opening where attendance was flat all around lol

I bet Universal is frantically working on a way to toss AR Pokeballs at Pokemon to catch them
I wonder what Percentage of people are also getting the bands

To me unlike Wands which while are double the price..I don't want to carry the band you can wear or even just have in your pocket without a care so wonder if they are selling pretty well.

Also no Joke..I'm going to buy like 10 bags to use for Groceries when they start selling Nintendo themed ones in Hollywood

I wonder what Percentage of people are also getting the bands

To me unlike Wands which while are double the price..I don't want to carry the band you can wear or even just have in your pocket without a care so wonder if they are selling pretty well.

Also no Joke..I'm going to buy like 10 bags to use for Groceries when they start selling Nintendo themed ones in Hollywood
Yes, the wearability and general simplicity of the bands is like a real "duh" moment. It just makes a ton of sense as a way to extend the guest experience for a relatively low overhead and lower cost to the guest, lower then say, a lightsaber

Grand opening March 18

15536BD8-113E-4061-A9A1-5CD9A41503F9.jpeg

Any idea of what the ceremony will be like and what the official opening will change to the operations of the land ? I feel like we already know / have seen almost everything about the land already...

Grand opening March 18

This year? ;););)

Eyeing a trip to USJ in November if tourism reopens. Noticed they’re no longer offering the Royal Studio Pass, but instead are offering VIP tours of SNW for an $100 upcharge. Found this interesting since it guarantees entry and front of line access. Realized a 1.5 day ticket + SNW VIP Tour + 4 Express passes is still cheaper than what was the Royal Pass.

• Haha
Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
Eyeing a trip to USJ in November if tourism reopens. Noticed they’re no longer offering the Royal Studio Pass, but instead are offering VIP tours of SNW for an $100 upcharge. Found this interesting since it guarantees entry and front of line access. Realized a 1.5 day ticket + SNW VIP Tour + 4 Express passes is still cheaper than what was the Royal Pass.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm still hoping to go in December, but I'm not feeling too confident about that at this point.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm still hoping to go in December, but I'm not feeling too confident about that at this point.

No problem! To find those ticket options, you have to access the Japanese version of their website on Google Chrome and use the translation extension.

I’m pretty much planning all the details for a range of dates and being prepared to book everything the moment I hear tourism is reopened.

Reactions: dxwwf3
No problem! To find those ticket options, you have to access the Japanese version of their website on Google Chrome and use the translation extension.

I’m pretty much planning all the details for a range of dates and being prepared to book everything the moment I hear tourism is reopened.

The regular Express with 7 attractions is a better deal than the VIP SNW. The VIP tour is about $150 and the Express passes are a little over $100. I'm assuming the tour aspect of the VIP SNW tour won't appeal to those than don't speak Japanese.

Reactions: JawsVictim
The regular Express with 7 attractions is a better deal than the VIP SNW. The VIP tour is about $150 and the Express passes are a little over $100. I'm assuming the tour aspect of the VIP SNW tour won't appeal to those than don't speak Japanese.
Good catch, and I believe MK can be one of those attractions. I might be wrong, but the only problem is that the 7 attraction express pass doesn’t guarantee admission into SNW.

Good catch, and I believe MK can be one of those attractions. I might be wrong, but the only problem is that the 7 attraction express pass doesn’t guarantee admission into SNW.

Every 7 Attraction Express has SNW rides on it and it says it "Includes Super Nintendo World"

Every 7 Attraction Express has SNW rides on it and it says it "Includes Super Nintendo World"

What I’m unsure about is if you’ll be able to get into SNW. Much like USJ’s Hogsmeade, I’m anticipating timed entry tickets, which you’ll have to be there an hour or two before opening to obtain.

What I’m unsure about is if you’ll be able to get into SNW. Much like USJ’s Hogsmeade, I’m anticipating timed entry tickets, which you’ll have to be there an hour or two before opening to obtain.
I'm assuming that without Express, you'll have to get there very early to get into the land with a timed entry ticket.

I'm assuming that without Express, you'll have to get there very early to get into the land with a timed entry ticket.

That’s my assumption too and it’s unclear if that express pass includes timed entry.

Edit: Noticed a new pass called Universal Express Premium which includes entry to WWoHP, SNW, and express to all attractions. Only available through April 30 and many dates already sold out. Cost on a Friday, which is the day of the week I’m planning for is around $190 USD. So, the cost of a 1.5 day ticket + express premium is around $288 USD.

Last edited: