Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has anyone measured the acreage on this Osaka plot of land yet? Wondering how close it is to KidZone acreage. That could give us some clues on what's happening in Orlando.

Reactions: twebber55
Has anyone measured the acreage on this Osaka plot of land yet? Wondering how close it is to KidZone acreage. That could give us some clues on what's happening in Orlando.

It's info from TV news in Osaka.
It will be 4ha so almost same acreage within WWoHP Hogsmead.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Understood.

So, it seems like USH and USJ will not recieve Donkey Kong in the process? Universal Japan makes sense, as Osaka has Flying Dinosaur; Flight of the Hippogriff; Hollywood Dream and Space Fantasy. What I am more not happy of, is that USH may not recieve it; as it's rumored to replace a coaster over there in the process.

Either way, I hope Hollywood get's Donkey Kong instead of Yoshi, but I am very excited to see how Osaka's version looks.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Understood.

So, it seems like USH and USJ will not recieve Donkey Kong in the process? Universal Japan makes sense, as Osaka has Flying Dinosaur; Flight of the Hippogriff; Hollywood Dream and Space Fantasy. What I am more not happy of, is that USH may not recieve it; as it's rumored to replace a coaster over there in the process.

Either way, I hope Hollywood get's Donkey Kong instead of Yoshi, but I am very excited to see how Osaka's version looks.
Was DK ever big in Japan? It seems like it's a more American character. The DK Country games + DK 64 weren't made by Nintendo, but Rareware (a UK developer).

Understood.

I can't get excited about Yoshii. From what I've heard it will be a dark ride directed at a very youthful children (& families) demographic. I'm thinking Cat In the Hat crowd. Of course I'd ride it, but it does nothing to get my excitement quotient piqued. But I do understand all the Universal parks could use more young kids & family attractions, so I understand where they're coming from. Mario Kart, on the other hand, sounds tremendous, if the tech works.

Reactions: Joel
I can't get excited about Yoshii. From what I've heard it will be a dark ride directed at a very youthful children (& families). I'm thinking Cat In the Hat crowd. Of course I'd ride it, but it does nothing to get my excitement quotient piqued. But I do understand all the Universal parks could use more young kids & family attractions, so I understand where they're coming from. Mario Kart, on the other hand, sounds tremendous, if the tech works.

Yoshi is gonna be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Cat in the Hat tho

I agree. But still out of my interest range....Just used CITH to describe age range.

giphy.gif

So, it seems like USH and USJ will not recieve Donkey Kong in the process?

Depending on how much of the Mummy building's land is dedicated to Nintendo, USH could get either USJ or USO's version. It's not known what will happen.

It's info from TV news in Osaka.
It will be 4ha so almost same acreage within WWoHP Hogsmead.

There is not 4 HA (10 acres) of land available on that parking lot, unless they plan on demolishing WaterWorld. If they were able to squeeze every inch of currently available space, they could probably make it to 7 acres tops which is about how large Harry Potter is.

Last edited: