Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In the original concept art (that clearly ended up not the way the ride is going to be) we see guests that can look at the track. I'm wondering if guests will be able to see part of the attraction.
Could the queue be something like Fallon or Secret life of Pets, one (or multiple) rooms with a lot of detail and a lot to do?

In the original concept art (that clearly ended up not the way the ride is going to be) we see guests that can look at the track. I'm wondering if guests will be able to see part of the attraction.
Could the queue be something like Fallon or Secret life of Pets, one (or multiple) rooms with a lot of detail and a lot to do?
I think its rumored (again rumored) that the load station is a similar concept to MIB, where you walk down to your load and there, you can naturally see some track ahead of you. I think it'd be great to see the starting line from the end of the queue and seeing 2 cars spin off into warp pipes would get everybody hyped. I don't think this is unlikely but, we shall see.

I think its rumored (again rumored) that the load station is a similar concept to MIB, where you walk down to your load and there, you can naturally see some track ahead of you. I think it'd be great to see the starting line from the end of the queue and seeing 2 cars spin off into warp pipes would get everybody hyped. I don't think this is unlikely but, we shall see.
Yea, that’s pretty much how I think it’ll be. I don’t expect those heading to load to be able to see any scenes beyond the starting line.

So, is literally every single inch of this place gonna be interactive? I have a slow processing brain and I feel this land will genuinely be overwhelming to me and I LOVE IT.

This is what happens when a company/creative team totally "gets" the IP they're working with. In the case of Nintendo properties, we don't just want to go to these various places, we also want to play in them. Hitting blocks and collecting coins, discovering hidden places, and in the case of Mario Kart...causing absolute havoc against your rivals.

With every update, it's pretty clear UC is having a field day with Nintendo, and I'm looking forward to seeing what's next!

This is what happens when a company/creative team totally "gets" the IP they're working with. In the case of Nintendo properties, we don't just want to go to these various places, we also want to play in them. Hitting blocks and collecting coins, discovering hidden places, and in the case of Mario Kart...causing absolute havoc against your rivals.

With every update, it's pretty clear UC is having a field day with Nintendo, and I'm looking forward to seeing what's next!

You know they did a good job (with the outside, at very VERY least) when someone like me who generally doesn't care about Nintendo at all is psyched about it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
You know they did a good job (with the outside, at very VERY least) when someone like me who generally doesn't care about Nintendo at all is psyched about it.
Like you, I'm not a Nintendo fan. But it looks like they've done a tremendous job on the land, and I'm looking forward to experiencing it in the far distant future when it
finally gets built in Orlando.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95

With how UC has gotten the Super Mario brand of IP's down to an absurd and insane level of detail--one can wonder what would happen if they get Pokemon.

With the scale of Potter and SNW combined--it'd be something completely different on the levels of which we may not have seen.

It of course helps that Universal Creative is pushed by Nintendo to be faithful to their ip just like Warner and Rowlings team did for Potter. I wished that would have been the case with Fast & Furious.

You know, the almost 11 years time span between Harry Potter and Super Nintendo World can be amazing. We were blown out of the world with HP's Forbidden Journey, utilizing the concept called robocoaster, something that had never been done in theme park history. It's still amazing ten years later. Now Universal is trying to utilize AR technology to blend in with physical environment, so it made you feel like stepping into the actual fantasy world where certain IPs comes to life. No doubt it will stay for decades to come. I think the pandemic gave Universal Studios Japan officials to add some additional things that we might not see at the original launch date (pre-COVID world) for the finishing touch. It seems that Disney is stagnated when it comes to Universal's Harry Potter and Super Nintendo World. Sure, Disney attractions like Mickey and Minnie's Runaway, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and the upcoming Spider-Man ride no doubts entertain the audience are good ones, but innovation wise, they're not as quite exhilarating as Harry Potter and the upcoming NIntendo World.

You know, the almost 11 years time span between Harry Potter and Super Nintendo World can be amazing. We were blown out of the world with HP's Forbidden Journey, utilizing the concept called robocoaster, something that had never been done in theme park history. It's still amazing ten years later. Now Universal is trying to utilize AR technology to blend in with physical environment, so it made you feel like stepping into the actual fantasy world where certain IPs comes to life. No doubt it will stay for decades to come. I think the pandemic gave Universal Studios Japan officials to add some additional things that we might not see at the original launch date (pre-COVID world) for the finishing touch. It seems that Disney is stagnated when it comes to Universal's Harry Potter and Super Nintendo World. Sure, Disney attractions like Mickey and Minnie's Runaway, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and the upcoming Spider-Man ride no doubts entertain the audience are good ones, but innovation wise, they're not as quite exhilarating as Harry Potter and the upcoming NIntendo World.
Agreed with all of this. Do you know when’s the opening date at the earliest?

Well, we don't know exactly HOW practical the Mario ride is going to be (I hope very--ditto with the JW and KFP rides in China).

This is the text translated to English
\\ Breaking news //

New large area
"Super Nintendo World ™"
February 4th (Thursday) Opening decision

The world of Nintendo games, which Japan is proud of in the world, including "Mario Kart" realized with the latest technology, has become a reality ✨

The campaign information that will win the prior experience will be posted later! ️

Reactions: Magic-Man