Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

So for the press release tomorrow so you can get everything straight for USJ....here is the link...it would show up here before any of the outlets. Probably around 0630-0700 JST

Last edited:
I asked this in the EU News thread but my post got merged with my last one (I like the new update, but its not really a double post if I'm starting a new discussion on the same thread, even if my comment was the last one. Maybe another bug that could eventually be fixed?), but beside the point, are we posting any of that news tomorrow in those threads? I obviously understand this is for USJ, not EU, but if we get more than an announcement date tomorrow this will be the most official news we have on this land and more importantly, one of the lands going to EU. People may be on it before me but I did want to ask just incase so I'm not flooding the forums with this news tomorrow and it should just be staying here. Thanks.

Also, you guys think we get more info that an opening date?

I just hope we get an opening date. If we do, then there's a chance it might actually open in the Spring. But the longer it takes to get an opening date, the later in the year it will open.

I asked this in the EU News thread but my post got merged with my last one (I like the new update, but its not really a double post if I'm starting a new discussion on the same thread, even if my comment was the last one. Maybe another bug that could eventually be fixed?), but beside the point, are we posting any of that news tomorrow in those threads? I obviously understand this is for USJ, not EU, but if we get more than an announcement date tomorrow this will be the most official news we have on this land and more importantly, one of the lands going to EU. People may be on it before me but I did want to ask just incase so I'm not flooding the forums with this news tomorrow and it should just be staying here. Thanks.

Also, you guys think we get more info that an opening date?

Keep the news in here or the general Nintendo/Universal thread

I just hope we get an opening date. If we do, then there's a chance it might actually open in the Spring. But the longer it takes to get an opening date, the later in the year it will open.

I don’t think they will announce an opening date but who knows for sure.

Keep the news in here or the general Nintendo/Universal thread

I don’t think they will announce an opening date but who knows for sure.
Good to know, will keep everything in here.

Id imagine if they're announcing an announcement its gotta be something. Hoping for an opening date or more details on the land including the play areas and the attractions. Super exciting for sure!

Just give me a look at Mario Kart and I will be so satisfied. Y'all know how long I've been waiting to see what this ride is gonna look like.

They also could just be talking more about the Yoshi ride. I don't think there has been a whole lot of official discussion about that yet. But not getting an opening date would be a big disappointment. We will find out tonight one way or another.

It’s too early in the year for them to box themselves into a date imo.

I'm thinking this is a Diagon sort of thing where they reveal more info officially that we've "known" about for awhile now. Then they'll tease "more information and the official opening date coming soon". The goal of this is to get the Japanese general public interested and hyped in the land, not Americans who follow theme park rumor sites.

Better not to box into a specific hard date. That usually ends up with a bad ending due to rushing an opening before it's time.
Universal has had a recent shift getting very close to opening while only saying “coming soon” or ‘giving the season’ in which something is opening. However, this is not just a single attraction. An entire land, with this much hype, and something that could once again put Universal in the theme park spotlight, I’m willing to wager that this will get a hard date. Whether it’s tomorrow or not will remain to be seen but I think you will get that hard date before you probably expect.

Universal has had a recent shift getting very close to opening while only saying “coming soon” or ‘giving the season’ in which something is opening. However, this is not just a single attraction. An entire land, with this much hype, and something that could once again put Universal in the theme park spotlight, I’m willing to wager that this will get a hard date. Whether it’s tomorrow or not will remain to be seen but I think you will get that hard date before you probably expect.
Gotta have people book vacations/weekend get aways somehow.

giphy.gif