Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World Store (CityWalk Hollywood)

90da02e78033efcc000d76917b8a68b1.gif

Add Pokemon, bet those items will sell out quick

Honestly if USH managers want to see the money they are missing out by not having Pokemon in the park...having them sell merch will tell them why right after the rumors coaster they want a Pokemon land like yesterday

Here's the thing about the merch.

If we can't even get a single Princess Daisy plush at either parks of the parks (a character with a Power-Up band mind you), I don't see really any other IP besides DK getting any representation.

As a pretty avid Nintendo fan, the merch is a bit disappointing, but I'm not the target demographic of this land (I already buy Nintendo products aplenty).

The representation will end with DK, but I do believe we will get Zelda and Pokemon themed stuff down the line.

Yeah like, Daisy is baaaaarelly represented outside of the Mario Kart Ride (even with advertising she's not really featured, shes not even on the keyart). But then you have characters like Wario, Rosalina & Waluigi who are just completely absent.

I just hope Yoshi and Daisy get meet and greets down the line. I know those costumes are expensive, but I feel that every character with a Power-Up band should have a greet.

Yeah like, Daisy is baaaaarelly represented outside of the Mario Kart Ride (even with advertising she's not really featured, shes not even on the keyart). But then you have characters like Wario, Rosalina & Waluigi who are just completely absent.

I just hope Yoshi and Daisy get meet and greets down the line. I know thise costumes are expensive, but I feel that every character with a Power-Up band should have a greet.

Waluigi always getting disrespected lmao

Just had a thought, what if they preview food and drinks at this store? Seems more possible here than in the park?

Waluigi always getting disrespected lmao

Just had a thought, what if they preview food and drinks at this store? Seems more possible here than in the park?
That would make a lot of sense to be honest. Because just being another SNW merch store with the same exact merch I'm throughout the park feels redundant.

I think worldwide Wario and Walugi are being saved for Halloween events.
But like, they're not really "scary" tbh. And I kind of feel that they're just completely absent as in the app leak, there were absolutely zero stamps for the duo. Rosalina and Toadette (along with DK and Diddy) have stamps, so its possible they'll get power-up bands down the road.

But eh, anything can happen so we'll see.

I'm a hugeeeee Waluigi fan and hope he gets a power band at some point

Also for Halloween I think Boo and King Boo should be the icons for that along with Luigi in his Mansion gear, also Dry Bones and Dry Bones Bowser would work

But like, they're not really "scary" tbh. And I kind of feel that they're just completely absent as in the app leak, there were absolutely zero stamps for the duo. Rosalina and Toadette (along with DK and Diddy) have stamps, so its possible they'll get power-up bands down the road.

But eh, anything can happen so we'll see.
They’re villains, and this is a land for kids. Shouldn’t be “scary”.

They’re villains, and this is a land for kids. Shouldn’t be “scary”.
I feel like King Boo (Luigi's Mansion version) would fit the the bill better. He's menacing but not overly "scary" to look at. And would make perfect sense for the s p o o k y season. It'd be like an interactive event where Toads around the land get trapped in paintings, and you have to play special Halloween centric games to defeat King Boo and save the Toads.
jcv13246a6j71.jpg
Wario & Waluigi are more like anti-hero goofballs. They don't really fit the Halloween bill to me. Then again, this is coming from a Mario super fan, so I'm a little biased.

For example, I see the Yoshi ride as a random mish-mash of incoherent ideas, but most aren't going to care in the slightest.

Last edited:
Add Pokemon, bet those items will sell out quick

Honestly if USH managers want to see the money they are missing out by not having Pokemon in the park...having them sell merch will tell them why right after the rumors coaster they want a Pokemon land like yesterday

I agree Pokemon should come but the rights are more complicated. Thankfully there appears to be some headway in Japan, so hopefully global Uni parks can sign some sort of agreement soon.

Meanwhile I just wonder if this rules out a Nintendo Hollywood store in CityWalk. Even then I'm not even sure if there's a venue they could replace that could be on par with the New York and Tokyo stores. Then again I just have New York's being two story in mind. If nothing else, I think a Nintendo LA store in Downtown could work.