T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
i said this somewhere else but In my opinion, if Universal wanted to save money and do a quick new ride they could just leave the theater exactly as it is and just build a walking dead ride around it. make the queue WD related, the store, decorate the theater and add something else instead of the robots in the roof and then have actors play the WD characters.

they could even leave the motorcycle and have Daryl (an actor playing Daryl) ride the motocycle and do something with zombie actors in the stage.
I dont know, they could do whatever they want but I think i would rather have a 3D screen ride than to have an all year haunt.
Im not even a big fan of 3D screen rides to begin with but in this case with the Walking Dead I think it would benefit it.
We have seen Walking dead as a house for more than 3 years already so a year haunt like they did for California would actually be kind of lame.

Besides it would be really cool to have the actors from the show work on the video for the ride. it would be awesome

i said this somewhere else but In my opinion, if Universal wanted to save money and do a quick new ride they could just leave the theater exactly as it is and just build a walking dead ride around it. make the queue WD related, the store, decorate the theater and add something else instead of the robots in the roof and then have actors play the WD characters.

they could even leave the motorcycle and have Daryl (an actor playing Daryl) ride the motocycle and do something with zombie actors in the stage.
I dont know, they could do whatever they want but I think i would rather have a 3D screen ride than to have an all year haunt.
Im not even a big fan of 3D screen rides to begin with but in this case with the Walking Dead I think it would benefit it.
We have seen Walking dead as a house for more than 3 years already so a year haunt like they did for California would actually be kind of lame.

Besides it would be really cool to have the actors from the show work on the video for the ride. it would be awesome
It could definitely work. I would love to see Daryl say "Come with me if you want to live". :lol:

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but with Horror Nights; aren't they not allowed to be featured in the attraction (besides those that dies within the season; much like from HHN24 and the Hershel easter egg)?

You are correct, from what I've read previously.

Then yeah, I guess that we'll probably see the same go for when Orlando gets TWDA (as I'm not saying if anymore).

The only exception from what it sounds is that Negan may of had some sort of cameo in USH's TWDA so I guess we'll see but I doubt we'll ever see Rick, Michhone and Daryl in the attraction for either coast.

Well, since you are saying when....;)

Do you have any insight on timeframe for location?

I don't classify TWDA coming to UOR as an "If" due to logical sense, not inside knowledge.

TWD is still an extremely popular IP which has been a large proponent to Halloween Horror Nights, even if it isn't going to be mentioned this year; it's still probably going to be an asset in the marketing of the event.

Its also something that makes merchandise sense, as it is very profitable given the standards.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
So is there legitimate fact based reason to believe that TWD is replacing T2? Or is this just speculation.seesm unlikely since they just updated the pre show but I know the UO landscape changes frequently. Sorry I'm a little late to this... T2 is my all time fav, going in December just wondering if I need to prepare to say my goodbyes :cry:

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Is the T2 theatre used during HHN? Makes sense, I have been going to UO my whole life but have never been to HHN.

So is there legitimate fact based reason to believe that TWD is replacing T2? Or is this just speculation.seesm unlikely since they just updated the pre show but I know the UO landscape changes frequently. Sorry I'm a little late to this... T2 is my all time fav, going in December just wondering if I need to prepare to say my goodbyes :cry:
Pure speculation.

I don't classify TWDA coming to UOR as an "If" due to logical sense, not inside knowledge.

The only reason why I'm not as convinced is because USH had a haunt attraction for a long time without USF also having one. Unless they've changed their mind about a year-round haunt in Orlando, I don't think it's coming.

Is the T2 theatre used during HHN? Makes sense, I have been going to UO my whole life but have never been to HHN.

They don't do shows in there during HHN hours if that's what you're asking. The show does operate during the day year round though.

It's actually being upgraded to T3. Everyone is gonna be given new Elton John-style 3D glasses and Arnold will tell us to "Talk to the hand", it's gonna be a hoot!

The only reason why I'm not as convinced is because USH had a haunt attraction for a long time without USF also having one. Unless they've changed their mind about a year-round haunt in Orlando, I don't think it's coming.

Just to play the Devil's Advocate here... USH did have a year round haunt before, but that haunt wasn't based on The Walking Dead, the number one rated show on television for years and not likely to be dethroned anytime in the near future. Sure, the Universal Monsters were (with the exception of just a couple IP's) the theme for the last year round haunt, and while they do have their following and place in horror history, their popularity doesn't compare to the overall current popularity of TWD, and this is coming from a Classic Monster fanboy. TWD transcends demographics and pulls in SO many people that normally don't watch horror movies or shows. To put it bluntly, as it stands today TWD simply has bigger GP appeal than the Classics Monster did with House of Horrors. So if Universal wanted to capitalize on it in a year round capacity in a cost effective way that gives guests something different than the average attractions at the park, bringing TWD Experience to Orlando is a no brainier.

Edit: With all that said, while I would understand TWD replacing T2, I would be slightly upset about it. T2 to me is still to this day one of the best 3D shows anywhere. On the flip side, I was a big fan of House of Horror's at USH (the Classic Monster fanboy in me coming out). It had its problems, but always left me with a smile after my walk through. I'm not exactly a TWD fan, but I can see the benifits of adding it to the park.

Last edited: