T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not sayin' Star Trek isn't coming. Just that, I now believe, after triangulating my sources, that this is going to be Bond.

As in, I have had 3 different trusted insiders say that this is Bond. And aside from Jim Hill, not one insider has done anything more than speculate about anything other than Bond.

So, I'll take mine shaken not stirred. XXXter Derty!

Which is exactly my point.

I have to really wonder how the show may play out; due to the actors of Bond ever changing. I would think they would just bring in actors from the park to play Bond, and have the supporting cast be look-alike actors from a certain film from time to time.
They could have a museum in the queue of all of the actors that have portrayed the character, similar to the museum at Race Through New York for the Tonight Show hosts.

I'm more excited about Bond than Bourne but why in that area of the park?

I'm hoping that some wires have been crossed and it will be replacing FFL.

Reactions: tankart150
Bond would be a great show. It's a much more iconic and relevant IP than Terminator that has great potential for a show mixing live acting, stunts, action, etc. I honestly don't care that it's in London. MoM is going over FFL and that would mean the only way to add it to London is replace MIB with it and there's no way they'd cut a large-scale dark ride for a show.

Bond would be a great show. It's a much more iconic and relevant IP than Terminator that has great potential for a show mixing live acting, stunts, action, etc. I honestly don't care that it's in London. MoM is going over FFL and that would mean the only way to add it to London is replace MIB with it and there's no way they'd cut a large-scale dark ride for a show.
As you said, it really doesn't matter it's not set in London. Though Bond was based there, his movies took place all over the world. Time in London, in most of the movies, was generally minimal.

As you said, it really doesn't matter it's not set in London. Though Bond was based there, his movies took place all over the world. Time in London, in most of the movies, was generally minimal.
Plus if Bond were to go to London, that would make the attraction/area lineup for London: Diagon Alley + Gringotts, MoM + its respective attraction, aaaaand Bond. It would stick out like a sore thumb.

Plus, this is all speculation, but won't they need to re-brand "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" to "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - London" once MoM opens? Marketing it as Diagon Alley in USF would completely leave out MoM, but having "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" and "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic" in one park just seems convoluted.

Plus if Bond were to go to London, that would make the attraction/area lineup for London: Diagon Alley + Gringotts, MoM + its respective attraction, aaaaand Bond. It would stick out like a sore thumb.

Plus, this is all speculation, but won't they need to re-brand "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" to "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - London" once MoM opens? Marketing it as Diagon Alley in USF would completely leave out MoM, but having "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" and "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic" in one park just seems convoluted.

Or just calling it "The Wizarding World - London" for USF and "The Wizarding World - Hogsmeade" for IOA would probably make more sense, especially if they bring Fantastic Beasts to Gate IV with possibly one of the landmark locations from the new saga (either it'd be old New York, Paris, or wherever they go from here on out).

They could have a museum in the queue of all of the actors that have portrayed the character, similar to the museum at Race Through New York for the Tonight Show hosts.

The more I read that, the more I think to myself; could they do the Virtual Queue for something like Bond? I think they have more than enough to use from the franchise to showcase Bond enough while also not boring people. Although, who am I to say.

I'll trust them they know what they're doing. Not everything needs to be a land with merch, food, and bev options.

I don't doubt it but it's starting to feel like USF is getting messy. F&F goes into San Fransisco but it's based in LA. Hollywood is now getting Bond which is based in London which is an area they already have.

This will be an unpopular opinion but if they were to start all the current projects from scratch, I'd move F&F to Hollywood if they could find the room and remove a large portion of SF and expand London to accommodate Bond and MoM.

If I was J.K. Rawling I wouldn't let them build Bond connected to Potter's London. And I bet she's way more of a stickler than me.

Exactly, it's not London, it's The Wizarding World London.

This will be an unpopular opinion but if they were to start all the current projects from scratch, I'd move F&F to Hollywood if they could find the room and remove a large portion of SF and expand London to accommodate Bond and MoM.

I don't disagree with moving F&F but as I said above it's not London, it's the Wizarding World's London.

You're not going to step into the "world of bond". Same as Men in Black should be in The New York area because it makes more sense... Bond will be fine there.

So, no one has mentioned the coming Dreamworks Theater in Hollywood. Is there any possibility that this is what they have planned for the Terminator theater?
Don't think so since that's still screens if not mistaken. Unless this is a Dreamworks theater for the HTTYD stage show

Last edited: