Television Attractions | Inside Universal Forums

Television Attractions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

GadgetGuru

V.I.P. Member
Dec 2, 2011
Seattle, WA
Somebody brought up that LC in IOA is thought by some guests as the "Game of Thrones section" of the park incorrectly. It got me thinking.

Do you think television shows will ever be a part of the theme park world? I can't think of any television show with its own land or attraction.

Television is going through a huge Golden Age. Actors and directors seem to be flocking there and there are shows with international draw.

Does anybody think there is an issue with television based attractions? Would they become dated too quickly?

I'd say there are a decent number of TV properties currently at USF: Lucy, Simpsons (don't really think the movie counts), Woody Woodpecker, Barney, Spongebob, Dora, Scooby, and I forget if Curious George had either a TV show or a movie.

Somebody brought up that LC in IOA is thought by some guests as the "Game of Thrones section" of the park incorrectly. It got me thinking.

Do you think television shows will ever be a part of the theme park world? I can't think of any television show with its own land or attraction.

Television is going through a huge Golden Age. Actors and directors seem to be flocking there and there are shows with international draw.

Does anybody think there is an issue with television based attractions? Would they become dated too quickly?

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror seems alright.....

Reactions: Parkscope Joe

Simpsons is the big obvious exception. Dudley Do-Right is another attraction with television roots. If you're talking live action TV, now if you want to talk live action television outside of Twilight Zone with Tower of Terror and The Walking Dead at HHN I can't think of anything in theme parks. Live action TV is tougher to pull off in theme parks and the popularity of those shows don't last very long in general.