Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Terminator 2:3D

It’s been nearly a half-decade since it’s removal and my feelings have yet to change. I’m still pissed off Despicable Me replaced this. They should’ve kept that in Florida and let us Californiers™ keep T2. I know DM’s a popular franchise atm but T2 is way more timeless, no pun intended. It’s not like it was losing popularity; every time I went on it, it’s a full house. It was the second attraction I went on first after Back To The Future, then became the first one after that left. Now, both parks have DM while T2 resides in Japan for the time being.

Oh well, might as well plan a trip to Japan. I just hope they didn’t do anything stupid like replace the only version of BttF in existence with DM. That’d be a nightmare.

Oh well, might as well plan a trip to Japan. I just hope they didn’t do anything stupid like replace the only version of BttF in existence with DM. That’d be a nightmare.
f21553d8d6669bbeadcbae4f6ef9e53ea96453052a410cde3623a7a561724e3e.jpg

It’s been nearly a half-decade since it’s removal and my feelings have yet to change. I’m still pissed off Despicable Me replaced this. They should’ve kept that in Florida and let us Californiers™ keep T2. I know DM’s a popular franchise atm but T2 is way more timeless, no pun intended. It’s not like it was losing popularity; every time I went on it, it’s a full house. It was the second attraction I went on first after Back To The Future, then became the first one after that left. Now, both parks have DM while T2 resides in Japan for the time being.

In all reality, it was logistically one of the best moves USH ever made, primarily due to one reason.

Potter.

DM, Springfield, Universal Plaza and to an extent, Supercharged, helped get more capcity into the parks in ways very unique for Universal. DM the best in this regard, learning from mistakes from Orlando; brought home of the best themed areas of the park, and that they even made sure it can handle large amounts of people at a time, with the addition of a second theater.

And that while I do love T2, you are dealing with a park that at the time (and even now to an extent) does not have the luxury of space. Along with the fact that things being sacred for especially Hollywood, is an unfortunate after-thought. Despicable Me came in at the right place at the right time, when USH was very much getting the park ready for Hogsmeade and FJ.

In all reality, it was logistically one of the best moves USH ever made, primarily due to one reason.

Potter.

DM, Springfield, Universal Plaza and to an extent, Supercharged, helped get more capcity into the parks in ways very unique for Universal. DM the best in this regard, learning from mistakes from Orlando; brought home of the best themed areas of the park, and that they even made sure it can handle large amounts of people at a time, with the addition of a second theater.

And that while I do love T2, you are dealing with a park that at the time (and even now to an extent) does not have the luxury of space. Along with the fact that things being sacred for especially Hollywood, is an unfortunate after-thought. Despicable Me came in at the right place at the right time, when USH was very much getting the park ready for Hogsmeade and FJ.

I understood those reasons by the time T2 was closed. They don’t have much space and I’d hate for them to demolish their own iconic sound stages, but there could’ve been other ways for both DM and T2 to co-exist.

Why didn’t they just close Shrek instead? It’s overstayed it’s welcome by the time the first DM film came in the picture and, at least in my experiences, the line for Shrek have always been very short, compared to the near full house showings T2 would get in my experiences going there (or I’m always right there at the right time, whichever comes first). That area is big enough for DM. You’d have to sacrifice the Silly Fun Land area but ya win some, ya lose some. The fact they closed down Shrek for another 4D attraction shows how it was perfectly possible for them to do so. I know they want to promote the fact they have Dreamworks in their catalog now but isn’t that dance party enough? Replacing Shrek with DM would’ve been poetic, given DM’s replaced Shrek as the highest grossing animated series ever.

I’m sure there are other factors regarding this that prove why this wouldn’t work but I guess I choose to be naive for T2’s sake. It’s still remains one of the most unique attractions I’ve ever been on. Potter changed the theme park industry forever and Universal wanted to bring that level of attention to a lot of their attractions so they don’t end up like Hollywood’s Revenge of the Mummy and I can’t see how T2 could fit into their plans, but, in your opinion, was there any realistic way T2 could still be here?

And yes, I do know DM replaces BTTF. Why else would I be so specific?

I understood those reasons by the time T2 was closed. They don’t have much space and I’d hate for them to demolish their own iconic sound stages, but there could’ve been other ways for both DM and T2 to co-exist.

Why didn’t they just close Shrek instead? It’s overstayed it’s welcome by the time the first DM film came in the picture and, at least in my experiences, the line for Shrek have always been very short, compared to the near full house showings T2 would get in my experiences going there (or I’m always right there at the right time, whichever comes first). That area is big enough for DM. You’d have to sacrifice the Silly Fun Land area but ya win some, ya lose some. The fact they closed down Shrek for another 4D attraction shows how it was perfectly possible for them to do so. I know they want to promote the fact they have Dreamworks in their catalog now but isn’t that dance party enough? Replacing Shrek with DM would’ve been poetic, given DM’s replaced Shrek as the highest grossing animated series ever.

In regards to Shrek and T2, hypothetically; I would assume it mattered more on what would lead to the most benefit.

Shrek would've probably prohibited the opportunity to do the two-theater system, and that T2 not only has a large showbuilding that can be expanded upon, but also an area right next to it that can be heavily reworked to accommodate a full kids play area to make up for the loss of George.

T2 had a big luxury over Shrek, allowing it to bring a higher amount of capacity, and that Shrek received one of the best queues in the park due to Hogsmeade budding heads right up with Shrek.

Edit: thinking about it, you also could've dealt with that portion of the park being possibly overstuffed, because of Simpsons and Potter. It would've probably bring issues in many ways that would be long

Last edited:
In regards to Shrek and T2, hypothetically; I would assume it mattered more on what would lead to the most benefit.

Shrek would've probably prohibited the opportunity to do the two-theater system, and that T2 not only has a large showbuilding that can be expanded upon, but also an area right next to it that can be heavily reworked to accommodate a full kids play area to make up for the loss of George.

T2 had a big luxury over Shrek, allowing it to bring a higher amount of capacity, and that Shrek received one of the best queues in the park due to Hogsmeade budding heads right up with Shrek.
I assumed so. Well, it’s a shame they didn’t record the live action footage for a home media release. I guess we still have YouTube:

_

But it can’t beat the experience.

I assumed so. Well, it’s a shame they didn’t record the live action footage for a home media release. I guess we still have YouTube:

_

But it can’t beat the experience.

To say, I'd assume the film's are archived, and are probably just sitting digital dust since the update that previously occurred for Orlando's projectors before it closed.

This image pisses me off. Especially when it means that Simpsons could have been removed and T2:3D would still exist. I wonder how poorly the story goes for porting over the 3 rooms of DM? I can see Gru's house easily in the hold room, but the 2nd preshow in the small room would be awkward with a fart gun!

I'm going to try again to find an answer to this question :)
Does someone know more about the smoke effect on the T2-3D photo opportunity?

Question for everybody:

Does someone know how the smoke thing works at the old motorocycle photo op of T23D?
t23dsmoke.png

As you can see on this picture, there was a time that smoke could be activated. Can someone tell me how it worked? Did one have to pay for it or not? Was it a button to activate it?

When and why was this de-activated?