Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Terminator 2:3D

Universal has never been known to have activated effects with their photo op areas in the past. Of course, there are interactive elements in some themed areas, but I believe that most likely there were fog machine effects during the initial opening phase of the attraction when the money was available. Later years, this photo op was pushed near the Cyber Grill area near the ride exit and rotted away.

Universal has never been known to have activated effects with their photo op areas in the past. Of course, there are interactive elements in some themed areas, but I believe that most likely there were fog machine effects during the initial opening phase of the attraction when the money was available. Later years, this photo op was pushed near the Cyber Grill area near the ride exit and rotted away.
It's hard to see whether this particular pic was at the original photo op place or near the Cyber Grill area. My gutfeeling says it's near the Cyber Grill place, thus its final place. I am really curious to this fog effect. Unfortunately it seems that not many people know about it or remember it.

I realized I posted this in the wrong topic, so here it is in the correct one now:

So I have a question for the people who have been around Universal Studios Hollywood in 1999, when T2-3D came to be there. I have checking some older newspapers and found 2 promotions for the show back then (they can even be the same but they are named differently here).

Cyber Tour
sneak1.jpg

sneak3.jpg

Terminator Truck
sneak2.jpg

This could be the same as the Cyber Tour but since I'm not sure I have also listed this one.

So does anyone have more info about this promotional T2-3D Cyber Tour and Truck? Or perhaps photos or videos?