Test Track 3.0 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Test Track 3.0

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I honestly think EPCOT is doing okay at the moment. Test Track is one of the biggest holes for me personally alongside Imagination and Play Pavilion.

and frankly, I believe 2.0 is as bad of a makeover as Journey into YOUR Imagination was. It removed any and all humanity, fun, or humor from the original TT, all of the theming was stripped out, the main hook of the original thrill was lost ("You are the Crash Test Dummy"). Whatever they do with 3.0 can't possibly be worse than what they've already done.
Yeah the new Test Track is absolute garbage. The ride system is fun but the theming is a joke. I'm glad they're overhauling it.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Jake S
I honestly think EPCOT is doing okay at the moment. Test Track is one of the biggest holes for me personally alongside Imagination and Play Pavilion.

and frankly, I believe 2.0 is as bad of a makeover as Journey into YOUR Imagination was. It removed any and all humanity, fun, or humor from the original TT, all of the theming was stripped out, the main hook of the original thrill was lost ("You are the Crash Test Dummy"). Whatever they do with 3.0 can't possibly be worse than what they've already done.
Totally agree with this. I think EPCOT is actually a pretty darn good park right now, especially following Cosmic Rewind opening. Test Track is a shell of its former self and I'm hopeful that General Motors is willing to throw more money (or allow more creativity) for 3.0.

Reactions: GA-MBIT

Yeah I actually agree Test Track is in a perfectly fine state, although could be better. The longer WoL not being used is a negative for the park and honestly they need to seriously look into doing something about Mission: Space. The attraction gets very little ridership, not quite as bad as UOE was at the end, but still not good for the type of attraction it sets out to be.

Test Track though? That's a perfectly fine thing to update and imo needs updating at this point.

Did the last update take a year?

Either Disney is just being typically slow (very possible), or this might be a bit more elaborate than I was expecting. I know World of Motion was name-checked by Disney when this was initially announced, so perhaps we'll end up getting a couple of proper, fleshed-out show scenes.

Reactions: Jake S
Did the last update take a year?

Either Disney is just being typically slow (very possible), or this might be a bit more elaborate than I was expecting. I know World of Motion was name-checked by Disney when this was initially announced, so perhaps we'll end up getting a couple of proper, fleshed-out show scenes.
Shut down April 15th 2012 and reopened December 6th of the same year, so this would be a bit longer if it's truly a full year.

Reactions: belloq87 and Jake S
Yea.. all they had to do was rip everything out & paint the interior black, then outline it with lights
Exactly, the "retheme" was largely a demolition project. I think the queue got substantially more work done than the ride itself, which amounted to them swapping the themed rooms for blank unlit walls, one long mirror, and a bunch of LED gamer lights hung up everywhere. I'll take any amount of time longer than 2.0's closure as a good sign.

Unnecessary change to a ride when the nearby "Life Pavilion" sits there rotting away (seriously, Inside Out could be an updated Cranium Command). While there's small expansion plots in other countries for rides that were scrapped/shelved or await to be created by Imaginears!

If they want to revamp Test Track again, that's fine, but at least ADD another ride elsewhere for EPCOT
I personally think Test Track needs changed. Everyone I know in the GP thought the 2.0 was a huge disappointment. While everyone still rides it because it is a fun ride, the re-do was awful. They have been adding capacity to Epcot and additional attractions so I really don't understand the complaint here. It is not like we have sat 10 years with nothing and now getting a redo. You make it sound like nothing has been invested in Epcot and that is just not accurate.

I personally think Test Track needs changed. Everyone I know in the GP thought the 2.0 was a huge disappointment. While everyone still rides it because it is a fun ride, the re-do was awful. They have been adding capacity to Epcot and additional attractions so I really don't understand the complaint here. It is not like we have sat 10 years with nothing and now getting a redo. You make it sound like nothing has been invested in Epcot and that is just not accurate.
Test Track is lucky to be a "thrill ride" because the indoor segments are bland. There's nothing fun/unique to see in between the fast sections.

Epcot can handle attraction closures far better than DAK or DHS.

Reactions: Tbad556 and IzzyB
Test Track is lucky to be a "thrill ride" because the indoor segments are bland. There's nothing fun/unique to see in between the fast sections.

Epcot can handle attraction closures far better than DAK or DHS.
100% the inside is dull and boring right now. So hopefully that changes with this redo. Being a little longer than the last one I expect more out of this one than what we got from the last one.

It is not like we have sat 10 years with nothing and now getting a redo. You make it sound like nothing has been invested in Epcot and that is just not accurate.
The only ride "addition" to the park was Ratatouille. Frozen & Guardians.. were just replacements.

I'm not even going to acknowledge Moana

I heard a rumor on one of the vloggers channels that they could enclose the final section of the ride for this redo. Any validity to this and what do you think they would theme it to if so?
that's been a "rumor" for years

Hope it does so it can continue to run during thunderstorms.

The only ride "addition" to the park was Ratatouille. Frozen & Guardians.. were just replacements.

While technically Rat was the only true addition, far more people are riding Frozen & Guardians compared to Maelstrom and Energy Adventure.

At the same time, less people are riding Figment/Mission: Space now, so Epcot has evened itself out over the past few years. Epcot has the foundation for more than enough capacity... they just aren't utilizing it.

Epcot has like 5 massive theaters that are unpopular with low-quality experiences in 2 of them (Awesome Planet/Pixar festival)

While Guardians was a replacement, it replaced something no one rode. So really it was more than just a replacement. I am just saying they have invested in that park and haven't done nothing. Test Track absolutely needs this.

EDIT: Whoops just saw it refresh. What they said ^^
This is a weird one, Frozen & Guardians were just replacements, but they were replacements for rides that regularly had insanely low waits and will now post some of the highest waits

Also look at Google Maps around 5-6pm any day of the week and consider that expansions require finding all of the extra people who want to sit in this commute to make $18/hour:

IMG_0306.jpeg

Frozen and Guardians are replacements sure, but what they replaced was not pulling its weight in terms of drawing guests to the rides, meaning that Maelstrom and UOE essentially were costing Disney way more money than they were worth since the capacity wasn’t being hit.

Guardians and Frozen are practically like new additions in that sense, as guests are actually utilizing that capacity now. The other thing (from Disney’s perspective) is merch sales are now way up in both areas I’m sure. There wasn’t even a shop at UOE before so that’s inarguable lol.

Also look at Google Maps around 5-6pm any day of the week and consider that expansions require finding all of the extra people who want to sit in this commute to make $18/hour:

View attachment 21367
The lack of public transportation is really bad for workers (and by extension the parks). They need ways to get people to work without a car.