Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The 95th Academy Awards

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
In a win for genre fans everywhere, EEAAO leads all nominees with 11 noms including Best Picture, Director, Actress, and Original Screenplay.

Not sure why the Academy insists on 10 noms. We all know this is a race between Tar, Banshees, EEAAO, Fabelmans, and Elvis with an outside chance of All Quiet and Maverick. Those are the 7 that should’ve been nominated.

Everything all at once should win

Just watched it again second funniest film of the year after Marcel the Shell, its also got such fun and great action scenes and the drama there and message is so powerful and the effects budget insane for how good this film feels

Hands down should win

Really did not care for Triangle of Sadness, a little annoyed that it got in over some others. Ostlund has lost his touch ever since Force Majeure imo. Mildly baffled by the adulation for All Quiet too considering it's not as good as the version that's 90 years old at this point.

Good for Tar, hope it has a great night.

Naatu Naatu in song is fun.

History will judge the Nope snub harshly. Ditto Saint Omer in International, why did that get snubbed??

Rip Top Gun in cinematography.

Andrea Riseborough nomination is kinda amazing as something that happened. Hacking the Oscar awards race like that, in one of the most competitive categories no less, is something I just have to commend.

That Best Actress lineup is a hot mess: Riseborough actually made it through which is probably the biggest surprise of any category. Ana de Armas officially joins the club of actors nominated for both a Razzie and an Oscar for the same role for a movie that was pretty much panned critically. Michelle Williams gets her fifth nomination and likely fifth loss. This could have been her year to win if she had campaigned in the supporting category but alas. Everyone has their money on Blanchett but I'm really hoping Yeoh gets the win, she's been working in Hong Kong and American cinemas for decades and is barely getting the Academy's attention.

Just remember everyone...these shows are very bias and do not in any way really represent the truth of the year

La La Land is a instant classic and lost, The Hurt Locker...the hurt locker won best pictures..lol Because sooooo many people talk about that film today.

I am aggressively hoping The Batman takes the VFX win. It deserves it out of every other film nommed for VFX (yes. More than Avatar) now that NOPE's out of it.
I mean....depends

Everything is VFX is amazing for how small the time is and i'm down to reward them for doing it with such a small budget

I'd like them to signal to the studios that you can do effects for much cheaper....you guys are wasting millions because your kinda lazy

I am aggressively hoping The Batman takes the VFX win. It deserves it out of every other film nommed for VFX (yes. More than Avatar) now that NOPE's out of it.
No film has a chance in the VFX category except Avatar. Other films may deserve it, but I can almost guarantee you Avatar has that category in the bag without it even being too close.

No film has a chance in the VFX category except Avatar. Other films may deserve it, but I can almost guarantee you Avatar has that category in the bag without it even being too close.

See I think The Batman was the best showcase of how potent and useful the Volume could be in enhancing practical sets, characters and moments to become genuinely iconic. It felt like what Mandalorian did for The Volume in showing how boundless the potential fully is with it.

Avatar on the other hand is a pure spectacle in every sense and trait, but some of the CG at points come less than desired IMO.

See I think The Batman was the best showcase of how potent and useful the Volume could be in enhancing practical sets, characters and moments to become genuinely iconic. It felt like what Mandalorian did for The Volume in showing how boundless the potential fully is with it.

Avatar on the other hand is a pure spectacle in every sense and trait, but some of the CG at points come less than desired IMO.
I’m not saying The Batman doesn’t deserve it, I’m saying Academy members are going to look at the VFX category and almost will just vote for the obvious thing.

Avatar 2 will win imo because there literally is no movie without the VFX artists. They are the stars of that movie almost as much as Zoe Saldana and Sam Worthington.