Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The American Idol Experience

I really like the idea of them showing what's going on inside on the screens outside of the building for people walking by to watch. It seems like it'll give that area of the park a special feel like you are witnessing a special event going on, especially when it comes down to the finale. I'm not sure if that is definitely happening though.

American Idol' adds DioGuardi as fourth judge

Ok so there was like 4 other threads with American Idol but I didnt want to start a new one for the new season yet... not worth it, so I am putting this info here for any AI lovers.

NEW YORK - Scoot over, Simon Cowell. "American Idol" is adding a fourth critic to its panel of judges.

Grammy-nominated songwriter Kara DioGuardi will sit alongside Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson when the eighth season of "American Idol" premieres in January, the Fox network said Monday.

"For the past seven seasons, Paula has had to endure the experience of being the only woman at the judges' table," said Mike Darnell, president, alternative programming of Fox, in a statement.

"With Kara by her side, Paula has some backup and now there is going to be a lot more `girl power' on the show," Darnell said.

DioGuardio's songs have been recorded by Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Celine Dion, Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood and Pink, among others.

"We are turning the heat up on `Idol' this year and are thrilled to welcome Kara to the judges' table," said creator and executive producer Simon Fuller in a statement. "She is a smart, sassy lady, and one of America's most successful songwriters. We know she will bring a new level of energy and excitement to the show."

Executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz said a fourth judge isn't a new idea.

"We had originally intended for `American Idol' to have four judges," she said. "We've seen from our international series that having a fourth judge creates a dynamic that benefits both the contestants and the viewers."

___

Source: Yahoo news

Can't we just trade Paula for this new girl? Paula doesn't offer the contestants any constructive criticism anyway. When she didn't like what she heard, the first thing she says is, "Well you look amazing" - or something similar to that.

Can't we just trade Paula for this new girl? Paula doesn't offer the contestants any constructive criticism anyway. When she didn't like what she heard, the first thing she says is, "Well you look amazing" - or something similar to that.

Apparently Paula was pissed at this new addition first, probably cause she will steal her thunder and also, she will most likely be better.
I dont know this chick, but she has worked with alot of singers and mostly alot of AI singers as a song writer so she has major cred in that realm.
Paula... is a has-been in that industry.
But then I heard she came forth and acted all happy about it so she could save face. Ah the drama. :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm definitely not looking forward to this, I'll probably sit through it once but that's it. I can't stand the show, never have, never will... I think I've seen like 2 episodes ever. And I'm not really a show person anyway and DHS has alot of them but it's suppose to so whatever, just not my thing :shrug: