The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don’t get the hate on T2. It was an incredible attraction when it opened and was a solid experience.

unfortunately the years weren’t kind to it and after debuting nearly 25 years ago, it’s time to go was overdue.

Bourne has a lot to live up to. While I’m. It overly optimistic on it, it still has potential to be something good.

I’m reserving judgement until I see it with my own eyes in June, if my trip still goes ahead.
I think everything about T2 other than the actual film was great. But this is gonna be all the good parts without the big boring part (the film)

I think everything about T2 other than the actual film was great. But this is gonna be all the good parts without the big boring part (the film)
Which is exactly me argument. Calling out issues with T2 isn’t “hating.” Neither is pointing out elements of it that were lifted from an earlier attraction. I think it’s important to recognize that what is was, was all it was.

Which is exactly me argument. Calling out issues with T2 isn’t “hating.” Neither is pointing out elements of it that were lifted from an earlier attraction. I think it’s important to recognize that what is was, was all it was.
You are aware that your opinion is just that, right?
I loved this show as it was indeed a movie with live stunt actors. It was the best sequel in my opinion to T2. I thought the live action parts where very well integrated in it and the movie took you out of the theater. And because of that it was wildly different than Muppets. And that is fine because Muppets wants you to be in their theater but Terminator made a transition from theater to the future.

I expect you are going to have a problem with Bourne too as I have the feeling it is going for the same thing.

You are aware that your opinion is just that, right?
I loved this show as it was indeed a movie with live stunt actors. It was the best sequel in my opinion to T2. I thought the live action parts where very well integrated in it and the movie took you out of the theater. And because of that it was wildly different than Muppets. And that is fine because Muppets wants you to be in their theater but Terminator made a transition from theater to the future.

I expect you are going to have a problem with Bourne too as I have the feeling it is going for the same thing.
Bourne is intended to be a “live, action movie.” That is, an action movie with live performers and action. And your perception of T2 is also your perception. But, the majority of T2 had no actors on stage or practical effects taking place. THAT’S the difference, and it’s bonkers to me that pointing out that objective observation is so controversial. People are acting like the entirety of the future segment is being performed live.

Nowhere have I said I didn’t like T2. I enjoyed it. But let’s not turn it into WaterWorld with a screen just because it closed.

Maybe it’s because I just don’t have an emotional connection to any of the Terminator films. But I also don’t have a connection to the Bourne films.

And while I do have a deeper emotional connection to Muppets, MuppetVision was still the FIRST theme park attraction to introduce live performers, animatronics, and practical effects synched to a 3-D movie. Just because the franchise isn’t action, people are discrediting its influence.

Bourne is intended to be a “live, action movie.” That is, an action movie with live performers and action. And your perception of T2 is also your perception. But, the majority of T2 had no actors on stage or practical effects taking place. THAT’S the difference, and it’s bonkers to me that pointing out that objective observation is so controversial. People are acting like the entirety of the future segment is being performed live.

Nowhere have I said I didn’t like T2. I enjoyed it. But let’s not turn it into WaterWorld with a screen just because it closed.

Maybe it’s because I just don’t have an emotional connection to any of the Terminator films. But I also don’t have a connection to the Bourne films.

And while I do have a deeper emotional connection to Muppets, MuppetVision was still the FIRST theme park attraction to introduce live performers, animatronics, and practical effects synched to a 3-D movie. Just because the franchise isn’t action, people are discrediting its influence.

This is completely fair. I DO have a very deep connection to the first two Terminators, so it was a bit closer to my heart for sure. But, if Bourne is indeed more practical than Terminator, I will happily take it!

I don;'t know where you get performers from. It was one guy in a character suit running in from a side door with a flashlight, who jumped around to synched dialog and ran out. There were 4 stunt performers in T2. And if you want to be nitpicking, Captain EO had synched in=theater effects before MV.
T2 was, at the time, one of
the most advanced shows in an indoor theater. MV was no where near as complex. Just programing the hydraulic lifts itself was a nightmare - and that had to synch with film, sets, etc. One of my friends worked on the programming for T2 and the fact that it looked so seamless and non-revolutionary belies the fact it was, in fact, incredibly complex. Also they had to transition from live action/film to film, back to live action/film. (Most people never even noticed that the host stand actually sank down into the stage and was covered by a platform).
And the film itself was, at the time, a complex marvel - no only running in 3D but was actually enhanced to look sharper (Cameron is a noted 3D fanatic). At the time it was, per minute, the most expensive movie ever produced.

I don;'t know where you get performers from. It was one guy in a character suit running in from a side door with a flashlight, who jumped around to synched dialog and ran out. There were 4 stunt performers in T2. And if you want to be nitpicking, Captain EO had synched in=theater effects before MV.
T2 was, at the time, one of
the most advanced shows in an indoor theater. MV was no where near as complex. Just programing the hydraulic lifts itself was a nightmare - and that had to synch with film, sets, etc. One of my friends worked on the programming for T2 and the fact that it looked so seamless and non-revolutionary belies the fact it was, in fact, incredibly complex. Also they had to transition from live action/film to film, back to live action/film. (Most people never even noticed that the host stand actually sank down into the stage and was covered by a platform).
And the film itself was, at the time, a complex marvel - no only running in 3D but was actually enhanced to look sharper (Cameron is a noted 3D fanatic). At the time it was, per minute, the most expensive movie ever produced.
Who are you trying to sell a closed attraction on? Obviously, my point that an MuppetVision introduced many of the narrative elements used in T2 is just too much for some people. Every single point is shouted down with, “But T2 had MOAR.”

Scream it from the rooftops. It doesn’t change the timeline.

I don't get the T2 hate. I loved the blend of live action and film, but like others said it was predominantly film. Still it was really neat to see them blending it together and interacting with the screen. Riding the motorcycle through the screen was always a cool effect (which got lost when the motorcycle was broken and they simply ran offstage to the side, then show up in film on a bike.) The years weren't kind to it but it felt like a pretty cool sequel to T2 film. It had Arnold Schwarzenegger when he was still very mainstream and popular in 90s. It was amazing for what it was at the time, still neat when it closed but didn't quite have the same prestige it once had.

I'm still excited for Bourne. The mix of screens and live action (which looks like a lot of live action) looks so fun. Hopefully it's good. Universal really needs a show where you can sit down and watch something/get off your feet during the day and this looks like it's going to be pretty cool.

Last edited:
Any news on soft opening?
Not sure they've been able to pin down a new opening date yet, let alone soft openings.

If the show uses pre-recorded dialogue, and they have done any kind of re-write, we could be waiting for voice actors to go back into a studio, record new lines, then the new audio has to be edited, sent down to Orlando, and the new version rehearsed. I have no inside info on the dialogue being the reason, just thinking out loud... but I can easily see a delay from Mar 12 to Apr 10 if this was the reason.

But as of now, I haven't heard any word on a new opening date.

Reactions: tankart150