Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

I'll be happy as long as it's a free flowing constant action stunt show. I don't want to see one where they stop and talk about the stunts for most of the show, like they do in Indiana Jones and previously in the now gone DHS car stunt show.
I feel this is out of the "this is real" trend rather than the "behind the scenes" trend...So we'll see a Waterworld-esque type experience that takes itself seriously

The show's being done by the entertainment group so I would doubt it would have a moving platform theater, which would probably fall under jurisdiction of the rides UC.

You mean good or bad? What do you mean by blow?

Blow = Bad.

Honestly, not to detract the thread; but I'm hesitant to call that yet.

The show's being done by the entertainment group so I would doubt it would have a moving platform theater, which would probably fall under jurisdiction of the rides UC.

Considering that this show seemingly is using the technology from DWT in the terms of encompassing projections; I would think they would opt in to do something completely new for the seating; especially as they have options now with the ability to profile the seats for the fast-paced nature of the stunt show.

Could be very wrong, but it surprises me that they wouldn't bring that aspect of DWT along with the projections.

With the expansions of the building to the sides I expect there is at least a 180 degrees show and staging.
I also expect a rotating platform for the seats. It doesn't need do much more to make this amazing as is shown by this Dutch production that already runs 9 years. I'm very excited for this.

You're onto something... just no moving seats. And more screens. Best way I describe it is the "how'd they do that" moments of T2 where the actors interact with the projected images but instead of it being the bread in a 3D sandwich it's the whole show.

Have you ever seen a Bourne Movie? :lol:
And why would guns not be used? It’s incredibly relevant in all the Bourne movies; especially sniper rifles.

Yeah we already know they're expanding the armory for this show vs what T2 had, but there's a difference between the violence of Bourne which has guns vs John Wick (which invented a new martial arts style based on guns because they're so dependent on it).

You're onto something... just no moving seats. And more screens. Best way I describe it is the "how'd they do that" moments of T2 where the actors interact with the projected images but instead of it being the bread in a 3D sandwich it's the whole show.

Yeah we already know they're expanding the armory for this show vs what T2 had, but there's a difference between the violence of Bourne which has guns vs John Wick (which invented a new martial arts style based on guns because they're so dependent on it).
Wick didn’t create Gun Fu. Wick simply popularized it in America. China had been doing it in film for a long long time before.

Maybe they’re focusing on what we’re watching and not what we’re sitting on.

"Through a cutting-edge fusion of stagecraft and film, you’ll follow our hero Jason Bourne across three continents as sinister characters pursue him, hoping to bring him in."

With T2's three screens, it would allow for the audience to watch one set/location on one former screen location and then rotate to a completely different environment quickly and then move on again to the final set/location.

If the other sets are blocked out of view with a screen, it can show something to bridge the story while the theatre rotates.

The rotating theatre is a small gimmick but it allows for faster storytelling and will give a more tv/movie experience. It's an evolutionary step from Carousel of Progress and will give a new fresh take on the theme park theatre/stunt show experience.