Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Boys (Amazon)

Jan 12, 2018
Hello everyone! This thread is for discussions about The Boys TV show. Keep the chat friendly and lets be respectful to others opinions.

EDIT: For my review about this show, personally I loved it. The show was dark and brutal. The superheros feel realistic in a way with todays society with their celebrity scandals, and what they're really like when they're off camera. Homelander was the best thing about the show. The actor did an amazing job with the character. He was angry, sadistic, and was quite frightning at times. The show has a lot of dark moments, but I don't wanna spoil it. All I can say is, you will hate Homelander so much for that ONE scene.

Last edited:
The success of Deadpool paved the way for a show like this to be possible.
Lets hope the Watchmen TV show is as good as this. Cause right now, The Boys is probably one of my favorite superhero tv shows of all time right next to Daredevil.

Not sure if you’ve heard, but there was actually a scene that Amazon made them cut from the show and I lol’d just reading it :lol:
'The Boys' Co-Creator On the One Scene Amazon Said 'You Have to Cut'
:spit: HOLY CRAP LMAO! I love this show even more. If you're familiar with the comics I really hope they include Tek-Knight with that ONE Meteor. Don't wanna post the images because I don't think you and the other mods would approve, but just google "Tek-Knight vs Meteor" and go on images. Its HILARIOUS as hell, and I couldn't breathe reading what he says.

I hated all the characters but besides me hating the characters, its was a very entertaining show...though it felt a bit too strongly on the nose in pushing a message etc.

Now that season 2 is finished, damn is the show amazing! Anthony Starr better get an Emmy nominee for Homelander. So many unexpected moments and I love some of the changes they did with comic. Glad they’re following its own route instead of sticking with the comics. Looking back at the comics, it’s just nothing but shock value and Ennis saying “I hate superheroes”. Anyways great season, looking forward to season 3!

Also,
They did it, those crazy bastards. They added THAT one deleted scene with Homelander.... well, beating.

Now that season 2 is finished, damn is the show amazing! Anthony Starr better get an Emmy nominee for Homelander. So many unexpected moments and I love some of the changes they did with comic. Glad they’re following its own route instead of sticking with the comics. Looking back at the comics, it’s just nothing but shock value and Ennis saying “I hate superheroes”. Anyways great season, looking forward to season 3!

Also,
They did it, those crazy bastards. They added THAT one deleted scene with Homelander.... well, beating.
There's a lot more to the comics than that. It's right below Preacher on my all time list. I usually find that folks who reduce The Boys to shock value haven't read past the first volume or two.

I love The Boys as a show. Garth Ennis isn't known for his subtlety, but I really enjoy the character work on the show more than the book that they do with the characters. Homelander feels like a new Patrick Bateman with even more of a God complex and is acted so well by Anthony Starr.

Season 3! Just watched episode 2 and holy crap!

That scene with Homelander on the roof- holy WHAT?!?

If I was Mothers Milk I would not even tell Butcher where I lived. (Maybe that is irrelevant though, considering Butcher). And shouldn't Hughie have him listed as "Billy" in his contacts? :grin:

Voightworld, though! What a theme park commentary. 175 mins for the Homelander coaster, no one in the Soldier Boy show, Crimson Countess getting coked up before meet-and-greets, and that poor Homelander foamhead! :lmao:

It is a brutal show but I love it!