The Flash/Flashpoint | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

The Flash/Flashpoint

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lmao at a 72% drop weekend over weekend. A heavily frontloaded that didn’t even open big is a recipe for disaster.

I’m personally happy to see the failure of this movie though because of who the lead is.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucky Planet
With this the third DC film to flop

You also have to wonder if they talked about the universe reboot too early as well

James Gunn hired the flash director to do their new movie ( batman I think?) That's gonna be tricky. He might be a great director, their batman movie might be the best. But this flash flop will make people think twice,
It's difficult to say. It's easy to say that Ezra's career might probably be fully over. Who knows what's gonna happen to everything else.

James Gunn is in a difficult position. Very difficult.

James Gunn hired the flash director to do their new movie ( batman I think?) That's gonna be tricky. He might be a great director, their batman movie might be the best. But this flash flop will make people think twice,
It's difficult to say. It's easy to say that Ezra's career might probably be fully over. Who knows what's gonna happen to everything else.

James Gunn is in a difficult position. Very difficult.
He is and isn't

I know its easy to say but from Spiderman success and GOTG3....if you want people to see your films they can't suck

Comic fans were fine with Thor 2 and mixed reviews of the sequel Ironman films because these are the first time seeing these characters on screen.....DC needs to tell stories people care about and not fall into the MCU phase 4 thing of just being set up for later
If your films now suck, then most likley so will the team ups

So I hope they just have good stories to tell and think DC will be fine.

As for this film, I feel bad for the crew but happy most people skipped this film because of how WB treated Ezra, if they even came out and said they would never work with Ezra again....I might have seen it but nope they refused to and so I'm just waiting to watch this film at home

He is and isn't

I know its easy to say but from Spiderman success and GOTG3....if you want people to see your films they can't suck

Comic fans were fine with Thor 2 and mixed reviews of the sequel Ironman films because these are the first time seeing these characters on screen.....DC needs to tell stories people care about and not fall into the MCU phase 4 thing of just being set up for later
If your films now suck, then most likley so will the team ups

So I hope they just have good stories to tell and think DC will be fine.

As for this film, I feel bad for the crew but happy most people skipped this film because of how WB treated Ezra, if they even came out and said they would never work with Ezra again....I might have seen it but nope they refused to and so I'm just waiting to watch this film at home

I don't think that is necessarily true. I think we were at a point then where we were more forgiving of movies that maybe were not good and because people were already invested in those franchises they just decided to go see the films. (Like how many people were tired of marvel said they were going to stay watching until Avengers Endgame because they just wanted to see how the story would end)

New franchises do have to be smart and more fresh with a real unique personality which DC is lacking.

It was a fun enough movie, especially when you go in with zero expectations.

Despite Flash being my favorite superhero and obsessing over Batman in '89 (like every other kid), I did just that. And it was a lot of fun.

I wouldn't have made the sequel to the Keaton movies an action comedy, but I have to admit the comedy half worked great. Solely because of Ezra Miller -- real world issues aside, tremendously talented in a dual role. The action side had a few cool moments but was marred by horrible CGI and a nonsensical plot (should've stuck with original Flashpoint and had Negan as Thomas Wayne instead of making up the most convoluted time travel theory ever).

Also...
While I fanboyed out over Cage's Superman fighting a giant robot spider, all the Crisis-esque cameos at the end felt like a waste of time and special effects budget. At this point, how much of the audience under 45 recognized any of them?

The whole thing reeks of death by studio notes, but Miller's performance made it worth watching.

Despite Flash being my favorite superhero and obsessing over Batman in '89 (like every other kid), I did just that. And it was a lot of fun.

I wouldn't have made the sequel to the Keaton movies an action comedy, but I have to admit the comedy half worked great. Solely because of Ezra Miller -- real world issues aside, tremendously talented in a dual role. The action side had a few cool moments but was marred by horrible CGI and a nonsensical plot (should've stuck with original Flashpoint and had Negan as Thomas Wayne instead of making up the most convoluted time travel theory ever).

Also...
While I fanboyed out over Cage's Superman fighting a giant robot spider, all the Crisis-esque cameos at the end felt like a waste of time and special effects budget. At this point, how much of the audience under 45 recognized any of them?

The whole thing reeks of death by studio notes, but Miller's performance made it worth watching.

I'm angry that they ignored the tv characters like tv flash

It's honestly crazy how quick this movie fell off. For example, The Flash opened with $55M and on the same weekend, Elemental opened with $29M (a large difference of $26M). Three weeks later, Elemental has made $109M domestic and The Flash has made $105M. Worldwide, Elemental will pass The Flash soon as well with The Flash sitting at $261M and Elemental at $254M.

Part of that is simply Elemental holding impressively, but it's also almost everyone who wanted to see The Flash came out right away. No one else really cared or was actively boycotting the film.

It's honestly crazy how quick this movie fell off. For example, The Flash opened with $55M and on the same weekend, Elemental opened with $29M (a large difference of $26M). Three weeks later, Elemental has made $109M domestic and The Flash has made $105M. Worldwide, Elemental will pass The Flash soon as well with The Flash sitting at $261M and Elemental at $254M.

Part of that is simply Elemental holding impressively, but it's also almost everyone who wanted to see The Flash came out right away. No one else really cared or was actively boycotting the film.

Outside of Ezra, people say that making a movie about flash was not a great idea. That it should have been called batman flashpoint.
I kind of agree. I like flash, but he's not as big as batman. I can see how having a flash movie was risky.
Give Keaton a much bigger role, have Affleck go back with flash somehow. Have Keaton interact with Affleck,
And a lot of people got mad about taking out Henry Cavill. So that's a second problem. A lot of loyal Snyder fans were just tired of the studio messing up so much. There's no point in watching this movie now.
I can see why, outside of Ezra, everyone feels exhausted of the studio jumping from problem to problem. People stood by wonder woman 2 which wasn't good, suicide squad 2 came and went, black Adam also failed badly. It's like problem after problem.
Plus, even flash fans of the comics and cartoons hated this version of flash for being annoying. This movie didn't please anyone.
It's like, it wouldn't please Snyder fans.
Wouldn't please flash fans,

I literally cannot wait to see how blue bettle does.... I can't wait.

Last edited:

Elemental also from many GA good reviews/word of mouth

Flash was over hyped as the best super hero film since dark knight but was never going to be that good

I think DC problem is they announced a reboot and now no one cares about any films after that was announced

The Ezra situation did hurt word of mouth a little bit think it’s beyond them, this is the third DC film to fail hard

Elemental also from many GA good reviews/word of mouth

Flash was over hyped as the best super hero film since dark knight but was never going to be that good

I think DC problem is they announced a reboot and now no one cares about any films after that was announced

The Ezra situation did hurt word of mouth a little bit think it’s beyond them, this is the third DC film to fail hard
Not just the third. It's the sixth DCEU film in a row - Birds of Prey, WW84, The Suicide Squad (at least TSS was positively received), Black Adam, Shazam 2, and The Flash. There's a reason they announced the reboot. Their films have been box office disasters for years now and meanwhile mid-MCU films are still getting to $750M-$800M minimum pretty much every film since NWH with the exception of Quantumania.

They didn't announce a reboot until AFTER Black Adam, so really you can only blame the reboot on two films. Here's the thing though - The Flash has done better Worldwide AND Domestic than Birds of Prey, WW84, TSS, and Shazam 2. Black Adam didn't do much better last year.

Not just the third. It's the sixth DCEU film in a row - Birds of Prey, WW84, The Suicide Squad (at least TSS was positively received), Black Adam, Shazam 2, and The Flash. There's a reason they announced the reboot. Their films have been box office disasters for years now and meanwhile mid-MCU films are still getting to $750M-$800M minimum pretty much every film since NWH with the exception of Quantumania.

They didn't announce a reboot until AFTER Black Adam, so really you can only blame the reboot on two films. Here's the thing though - The Flash has done better Worldwide AND Domestic than Birds of Prey, WW84, TSS, and Shazam 2. Black Adam didn't do much better last year.
True, and those films all have a different reasons on why they failed but mostly because those films were just meh and pandemic stuff.

WW84 was not that great and went to HBO

Even if you like SS, the issue is the "first" SS film hurt any sequels.

Peace Maker seems to have done very well since it's coming back in the new DC but yeah I think Flash was doomed with it being the "end" point for a film series no one cares about. I think BB is screwed unless word of mouth is amazing and Aquaman is going through reshoots...again and think that film will also be dead when it comes out.

And what’s truly astonishing is that I don’t think I’ve seen a single piece of marketing for The Meg 2 and didn’t even know it was out.

Finally watched the film this weekend

It's good, not the best super hero film ever...lol

But it is good. I don't like Ezra as a person but this film let him act much more then anything else in the DC films from before.

I like the mini JL mission at the start of the film, Barry and his mom were emotional scenes and the Batman stuff in the middle of the film is fun it was nice to see a version of Batman based on Tim Burton's film and Super girl was cool but not in the film as much I thought she would be.

It's a fun film, Ive said it before but all DC films in the last year are around this point for me....you may like this film more because batman is in it but to me this is around the quality as the last few DC films.

Reactions: SeventyOne