The Future of E.T. Adventure | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of E.T. Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If that was a part of the ride, I don't remember it at all. I've been going on that ride since I can remember. It wouldn't have fit in with the story either. The planet is just dying without E.T. it's not under attack.
Yeah. That's the Spielberg pre show spiel. Dying planet.

OK a little off topic here but does anyone know that ET is an example of the The Mandela Effect. I've been looking all over but i remember that there was bad aliens in the ride that after the warp before the space ship. would say that they like the planet dead and either threaten ET or say something about chasing him.But i cant find it anywhere or the fact that people remember the spaceship ride vehicles but also cant find examples of those.
The spaceship vehicles are true but the bad aliens aren't

OK a little off topic here but does anyone know that ET is an example of the The Mandela Effect. I've been looking all over but i remember that there was bad aliens in the ride that after the warp before the space ship. would say that they like the planet dead and either threaten ET or say something about chasing him.But i cant find it anywhere or the fact that people remember the spaceship ride vehicles but also cant find examples of those.

Maybe you're thinking of the suffering aliens that are standing beside the Green Planet leader? They have messed up scraggly hair stuff and look pretty nasty.

What is that scent anyway? It is definitely one thing I can recall distinctly from smell. Cannot say that about much else.
We've talked about that in depth in a few other threads. Seems none of us can find the actual scent anywhere. Some type of pine, but still distinctive from anything offered on the market with the commercial scent machines or the expensive candles. Consensus seems to be that Universal has the rights to the formula used, and it's not available to the general public.

We've talked about that in depth in a few other threads. Seems none of us can find the actual scent anywhere. Some type of pine, but still distinctive from anything offered on the market with the commercial scent machines or the expensive candles. Consensus seems to be that Universal has the rights to the formula used, and it's not available to the general public.
Probably some sort of brain washing.

That would appear to be fairly definitive. They could have easily ignored that tweet and not commented on the subject at all. If they do have plans to get rid of E.T. in the near term, this would be a baffling move. There's just no reason to wade into these waters if the intention is not to signal that the ride is staying. Anything else would essentially be trolling and deception in a way that's pretty flagrant (and sticks a finger in the eye of the ride's fans) coming from the official Twitter account.

That would appear to be fairly definitive. They could have easily ignored that tweet and not commented on the subject at all. If they do have plans to get rid of E.T. in the near term, this would be a baffling move. There's just no reason to wade into these waters if the intention is not to signal that the ride is staying. Anything else would essentially be trolling and deception in a way that's pretty flagrant (and sticks a finger in the eye of the ride's fans) coming from the official Twitter account.

I wouldn't put that much stock into it. It's the social media team. Things can change tomorrow. That's not on them.

But then why respond to the tweet at all if they know the implication behind their response might not be honest?

As far as they know it is. ET keeps getting saved, and then cut, and then saved, and then cut per rumors. Either way, I think this is looking way too much into a tweet and holding them way more accountable then they should be. Their job is to interact with followers, get more followers, and provide accurate information in a fun, engaging way. This violates none of that.

As far as they know it is. ET keeps getting saved, and then cut, and then saved, and then cut per rumors. Either way, I think this is looking way too much into a tweet and holding them way more accountable then they should be. Their job is to interact with followers, get more followers, and provide accurate information in a fun, engaging way. This violates none of that.

I guess I just see their responsibility as the company's public mouthpiece in a fundamentally different way. I would have preferred they not say anything if they didn't have something concrete to say.

I guess I just see their responsibility as the company's public mouthpiece in a fundamentally different way. I would have preferred they not say anything if they didn't have something concrete to say.

I get what your saying, but I wouldn't think it's fair to hold their feet to the fire in the event ET gets the axe.

And all they really said was "Don't worry, we know you love ET.", not, "ET will never close."

But still, they could have ignored it.
They just opened a can of worms though..We know how rapidly things change in Creative..If they keep doing this they could lose credibility...But, not my problem